Good luck!


    The Main Campaign!

    Share
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Sun May 20, 2012 10:39 pm

    Tabitha Oakenfleur wrote: In the event we are paying attention to such things, I do have elven low-light vision.
    Bonus to Nature Roll:+13

    Nope! I am completely removing the concept of low-light and dark vision.
    avatar
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

    Posts : 132
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur on Sun May 20, 2012 11:02 pm

    Tabitha Oakenfleur wrote:Bonus to Nature Roll:+13
    I suppose it helps quite a bit if I actually roll, eh?
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Sun May 20, 2012 11:02 pm

    The member 'Tabitha Oakenfleur' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    'd20' :
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Mon May 21, 2012 2:33 am

    Dungeon wrote:The member 'Tabitha Oakenfleur' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    'd20' :

    YOU MADE THE HARD DC!

    Scanning the forest, you notice something out of the ordinary; you notice a flock of birds scattering in the distance, and think you may have seen a tree fall.

    Cameron agrees with your discovery, and the three of you begin to head in that direction.


    ...

    Elsewhere..

    Vasani Shepard wrote:When I get around to waking up...


    Vasani slowly opens her eyes and stares up at the sky above. What the hell happened and why was she laying outside? She feels like the day after a particularly good party.

    She sits up and hisses at the jolt of pain that runs through her. She takes in her surroundings and remembers getting knocked off her bird before everything went black. Jax. She hopes he's okay. She was going to find whatever that thing was and kill it.

    She scans the nearby trees as she stands up, hand on the pommel of her sword, just waiting to be jumped again.



    Perception:+0 To look around for Jax, any potential threat, and just take in the general area.



    You finally come around. Your head is pounding and you would rather lay back down on the grass, but you know you better get up. Besides, once you get a chance to look around, you suddenly forget about your head. It is incredibly dark in the forest at night, but even in the star light you can see a huge scar in the land. What could have done this..?

    Jax seems to be nudging you up, just as bewildered as you are. At least you aren't alone.




    Out of no where, a flare shoots up and lights the night sky, practically hitting the three flying scouts. Cameron shouts to Tabitha and Metah, "Hell that was a close one! It seems your intuition was right, Tabby, that must have been one of the lost ones right below us now."

    The three of you soar down and spot Svenhelm next to his crow, Ironbeak, resting in the dim light of his lantern. "Oh dang, you guys got here quick.. I'm not in trouble am I?"

    Cameron laughs, "No don't worry about that, at least not from me. We just got lucky. You two alright? Where is Robert?"

    "Beaky hit a branch he didn't notice, and got a little beat up on the landing, but he should be okay. Box went in to the forest a while ago to look for some herbs to help ease Ironbeak's pain so we can make it back, but the darkness might be giving him some trouble. I don't suppose you guys can lend a hand with Beaky? We might be able to help him out and than go look for Box in the woods."

    "You can help by.. hm.. maybe trying to find some healing herbs around this clearing, helping me tend Ironbeak's wing, or at least help lift up Beak's wing while I try and tend to it.




    Nearby, Vasani spots a flare light up the night sky. Hell, that was only a short distance away! Maybe it's related to whatever the hell attacked you. It shouldn't take long to find where the flare came from.



    Last edited by Dungeon Master Orange on Mon May 21, 2012 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

    Posts : 132
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur on Mon May 21, 2012 2:47 am

    Dungeon Master Orange wrote:"You can help by.. hm.. maybe trying to find some healing herbs around this clearing, helping me tend Ironbeak's wing, or at least help lift up Beak's wing while I try and tend to it.

    Tabitha nods seriously. "Herbs for healing. I'm on it, Svenhelm. I'll see what I can find," she says as she walks off briskly, scanning the growth on the forest floor.

    Bonus to Nature Check:+13
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Mon May 21, 2012 2:47 am

    The member 'Tabitha Oakenfleur' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    'd20' :
    avatar
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

    Posts : 371
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Vasani on Mon May 21, 2012 3:12 am

    Dungeon Master Orange wrote:
    Nearby, Vasani spots a flare light up the night sky. Hell, that was only a short distance away! Maybe it's related to whatever the hell attacked you. It shouldn't take long to find where the flare came from.


    Vasani gives Jax a pat on the head before trudging off along the newly created path towards the flare, muttering to herself about giant forest monstrosities all the while.


    Last edited by Vasani Shepard on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

    Posts : 181
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-03-24
    Age : 29

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Metah Fore on Mon May 21, 2012 3:39 am

    Metah finds that collecting herbs isn't really her/his style no Metah is a.... thing.... of action. Clearly being sneaky won't help her save Beaky but using his strength just might. Decision made, Metah decides to try lifting Beaky's wing to make treating him easier.

    Strength +7
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Mon May 21, 2012 3:39 am

    The member 'Metah Fore' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    'd20' :
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Tue May 22, 2012 8:43 pm

    Vasani Shepard wrote: Vasani gives Jax a pat on the head before trudging off along the newly created path towards the flare, muttering to herself about giant forest monstrosities all the while.


    You stare down the scar cut in to the forests path, hypnotized by its strangely relaxing wave-like pattern. Something big came through here, something really big.

    You shudder to think how close you might have come to death, and proceed, with Jax, to head back in to the forest, towards the direction of the flare you saw.

    It only takes you a few moments to reach a clearing, and in the dim light, spot your friends. Cameron waves you over and asks if you are alright, and learns about the giant monstrosity and the blur. "Jeez Vasani, that is one hell of a story.. My mother has spoken about the spirits in these woods, and how even to this day there is a reason the forest was given the title of being uncontrolled. It is probably best we get Sven's glidewing patched up fast and take to the skies again. We still need to find Box.



    Dungeon wrote:The member 'Tabitha Oakenfleur' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    'd20' :

    Dungeon wrote:The member 'Tabitha Oakenfleur' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    'd20' :

    YOU BOTH MADE THE MEDIUM DC!

    Though the sheer darkness of the forest at night makes it hard to see, you manage to find some herbs that could help with Ironbeak's wounds. Tabitha makes her way back to Ironbeak, where young Metah is patiently holding up the large crow's wing as Cameron and Sven clean and splint it.

    "There, shouldn't be too much longer now; if you can, can you three lend a little more aid by either finding more herbs or helping with the treatmen--"


    Cameron is interrupted by a strange sound in the forest. A steady, rythmeic percussion getting louder and louder. "Something is coming.." He stops for a moment, to remove his rapier, his dagger, and his bow and quiver, which he lays before him on the ground. "You three aren't equipped yet, borrow these from me, I fear we may need them. Sven and I are in a bind here, we can't stop in the middle of this or we may accidentally do more harm than good to Ironbeak."



    Vasani has received (1) RAPIER! (1d8 damage!)

    Metah has received (1) DAGGER! (1d4 damage!)

    Tabitha has received (1) BOW! (1d6 damage!)
    Tabitha has received (1) QUIVER! (10 arrows!)


    The beat gets louder, and louder. Cameron scans the forest for any movement, but it feels as though the percussion is coming from all sides. Suddenly, something moves in the distance.

    Six goblins step out in to clearing.
    Cameron and Sven freeze for a moment.

    "Oh no.."





    The goblin in front, adorned with fabrics and jewelery whom you assume to be a leader steps forward, grinning. "Ah, what do we finds here? We were sents to hunts the intruder in our master's lands, but insteads we finds a nices little.. distraction. It's darks out little elves, shouldn't you be in your little homes all safes and warms? You shouldn't have wandered outs heres at night."


    avatar
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

    Posts : 132
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur on Tue May 22, 2012 11:43 pm

    Tabitha takes the bow with some hesitation. She didn't like leaving anyone else unarmed and vulnerable, but given the situation...

    Dungeon Master Orange wrote:The goblin in front, adorned with fabrics and jewelery whom you assume to be a leader steps forward, grinning. "Ah, what do we finds here? We were sents to hunts the intruder in our master's lands, but insteads we finds a nices little.. distraction. It's darks out little elves, shouldn't you be in your little homes all safes and warms? You shouldn't have wandered outs heres at night."

    "You have your job, and we have ours. We're the night watch and we're only here to patch up our bird, find our friends, and go about our business. I see no reason you shouldn't do the same seeing as we're not the ones you're looking for," she attempts to explain as she works to light her lantern, hoping to go for a second foraging attempt once she can see better--and assuming she doesn't get shot at. She wasn't keen on making the first move without a direct order or until the goblins made their move, so it seemed most effective to help Cameron and Sven finish up as quickly as possible. She conducts her search so as to give the goblins a wide berth; besides, they try anything, she's got a bow.

    Nature:+13
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Tue May 22, 2012 11:43 pm

    The member 'Tabitha Oakenfleur' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    'd20' :

    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

    Posts : 181
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-03-24
    Age : 29

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Metah Fore on Wed May 23, 2012 4:46 am

    Finally! Their first contact with ne'er do-wells! Metah fills with a mixture of anxiety and excitement. Rather then making the first move Metah chooses to attempt to fade into the darkness unnoticed. After all, a true hero should go unnoticed until it is too late for their opponent.

    "Sneak sneaky sneaky... I am the night... hee hee..."


    Stealth +8
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Wed May 23, 2012 4:46 am

    The member 'Metah Fore' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    'd20' :
    avatar
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

    Posts : 371
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Vasani on Wed May 23, 2012 5:02 pm

    Vasani snatches up the rapier. About time she got a weapon. Patrolling unarmed seemed foolish, even to her. Without taking her eyes of the goblin leader, she tried to keep herself between them and Tabby as she conducted her search. Aside from the rather unimpressive attempt at intimidation, they haven't made a hostile move, yet.

    "So, what is a group of fine looking goblins such as yourselves doing wandering out in the forest. Surely it must be something of grave importance if you were sent."


    Bluff?: +6
    or Insight?: +2
    Would also like to ready an action.


    Last edited by Vasani Shepard on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Wed May 23, 2012 5:02 pm

    The member 'Vasani Shepard' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    'd20' :
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Wed May 23, 2012 8:36 pm

    Tabitha Oakenfleur wrote:Tabitha takes the bow with some hesitation. She didn't like leaving anyone else unarmed and vulnerable, but given the situation...

    Dungeon Master Orange wrote:The goblin in front, adorned with fabrics and jewelery whom you assume to be a leader steps forward, grinning. "Ah, what do we finds here? We were sents to hunts the intruder in our master's lands, but insteads we finds a nices little.. distraction. It's darks out little elves, shouldn't you be in your little homes all safes and warms? You shouldn't have wandered outs heres at night."

    "You have your job, and we have ours. We're the night watch and we're only here to patch up our bird, find our friends, and go about our business. I see no reason you shouldn't do the same seeing as we're not the ones you're looking for," she attempts to explain as she works to light her lantern, hoping to go for a second foraging attempt once she can see better--and assuming she doesn't get shot at. She wasn't keen on making the first move without a direct order or until the goblins made their move, so it seemed most effective to help Cameron and Sven finish up as quickly as possible. She conducts her search so as to give the goblins a wide berth; besides, they try anything, she's got a bow.

    Nature:+13

    YOU MADE THE HARD DC!

    Searching the woods, this time with your helpful lantern, you manage to find some more helpful healing herbs! You also spot a STRANGE FLORESCENT MUSHROOMS! You snatch the fungus and stash it in your pack.

    "Ah, this is just what we need; thanks Tabby!" Cameron and Sven take the herbs, and finish bandaging up Ironbeak's hurt wing. Sven hugs his crow, who is already showing visible signs of improvement.


    SKILL CHALLENGE COMPLETE! You have gained 50 exp!

    (Remember. This message and exp shows regardless if you fail or succeed!)

    Sven draws two hand axes, and hands one to Cameron, who is now walking towards the front of the group to address the goblin patrol. "It's five of us now, and we aren't afraid of you. Do you really want to start trouble?"

    Metah Fore wrote:Finally! Their first contact with ne'er do-wells! Metah fills with a mixture of anxiety and excitement. Rather then making the first move Metah chooses to attempt to fade into the darkness unnoticed. After all, a true hero should go unnoticed until it is too late for their opponent.

    "Sneak sneaky sneaky... I am the night... hee hee..."


    Stealth +8

    YOU MADE THE HARD DC!

    You slip in to the shadows without a trace. Despite being probably the tastiest looking in the bunch, you managed to escape without any notice.

    Vasani Shepard wrote:Vasani snatches up the rapier. About time she got a weapon. Patrolling unarmed seemed foolish, even to her. Without taking her eyes of the goblin leader, she tried to keep herself between them and Tabby as she conducted her search. Aside from the rather unimpressive attempt at intimidation, they haven't made a hostile move, yet.

    "So, what is a group of fine looking goblins such as yourselves doing wandering out in the forest. Surely it must be something of grave importance if you were sent."


    Bluff?: +6
    or Insight?: +2
    Would also like to ready an action.

    The goblins laugh amongst themselves, almost entirely ignoring the threats being thrown at them. "Looks ats them, bargainings with us as if they weres equals. The master sent us to search the woods, but never saids we couldn't stop for a snack if we wanted its, right brothers and sisters?"

    The goblins begin scattering and surrounding, licking their strange green lips.




    Orange "1":Level 9 Goblin Sharpshooter
    Orange "2":Level 9 Goblin Sharpshooter
    Red "1":Level 9 Goblin Banner Bearer
    Red "2":Level 9 Goblin Banner Bearer
    Purple, "L": Level 9 Elite Goblin Underboss
    Tan, "D":Level 9 Goblin Drummer
    avatar
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Speed Racer

    Posts : 287
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-05-23

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Leopold von Vechtan on Wed May 23, 2012 9:00 pm



    ???






    You hear a faint rumbling, somewhere in the woods...
    avatar
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

    Posts : 371
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Vasani on Wed May 23, 2012 9:08 pm

    Dungeon Master Orange wrote:
    The goblins laugh amongst themselves, almost entirely ignoring the threats being thrown at them. "Looks ats them, bargainings with us as if they weres equals. The master sent us to search the woods, but never saids we couldn't stop for a snack if we wanted its, right brothers and sisters?"

    The goblins begin scattering and surrounding, licking their strange green lips.


    So, my readied action was to attack if they got hostile and, personally, I find trying to eat me a tad hostile.


    Not needing another invitation, a slow grin spreads across Vasani's face. Action. Finally. She runs across the field and tackles the goblin's leader with a punch to the face.

    Inevitable initiative roll: +2
    Roll to see if I hit: +8
    1d8 for damage: +4




    Last edited by Vasani Shepard on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
    avatar
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

    Posts : 371
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Vasani on Wed May 23, 2012 9:08 pm

    Damn dice.
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Wed May 23, 2012 9:08 pm

    The member 'Vasani Shepard' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    #1 'd20' :


    --------------------------------

    #2 'd8' :

    #2 Result : 1
    avatar
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

    Posts : 371
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Vasani on Wed May 23, 2012 9:12 pm

    Oh and the leader's knocked prone.



    Just sayin'.


    Edit: And marked.
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Wed May 23, 2012 10:01 pm

    Dungeon wrote:The member 'Vasani Shepard' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    #1 'd20' :


    --------------------------------

    #2 'd8' :

    #2 Result : 1

    ......................

    Well than.





    SURPRISE ATTACK!

    Vasani charges the Goblin Underboss with incredible speed, and without as much as a "Get Them!" the smug leader falls to the ground with a breathless gasp!

    The rest of the band readies their weapons.




    INITIATIVE ROLLS ARE AS FOLLOW:
    (NOTE, HP = HEALTH TAKEN AWAY, DAMAGE TAKEN, COUNTING BACKWARDS, ETC)

    Cameron, +2
    Sven, +2

    ~~

    Goblin Underboss, "L", Level 9 Elite
    Int: +7
    DAMAGE TAKEN: 14 / 194
    AC: 23
    FT: 22
    RE: 20
    WL: 21


    Goblin Sharpshooter, "1" , Level 9
    Int: +9
    DAMAGE TAKEN: 0 / 76
    AC: 23
    FT: 19
    RE: 21
    WL: 19

    Goblin Sharpshooter, "2" , Level 9
    Int: +9
    DAMAGE TAKEN: 0 / 76
    AC: 23
    FT: 19
    RE: 21
    WL: 19


    Goblin Drummer, "D", Level 9
    Int: +6
    DAMAGE TAKEN: 0 / 79
    AC: 21
    FT: 21
    RE: 20
    WL: 23


    Goblin Banner Bearer, "1", Level 9
    Int: +11
    DAMAGE TAKEN: 0 / 95
    AC: 23
    FT: 21
    RE: 22
    WL: 21


    Goblin Banner Bearer, "2", Level 9
    Int: +11
    DAMAGE TAKEN: 0 / 95
    AC: 23
    FT: 21
    RE: 22
    WL: 21


    Last edited by Dungeon Master Orange on Wed May 23, 2012 10:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Wed May 23, 2012 10:01 pm

    The member 'Dungeon Master Orange' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    'd20' :
    avatar
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

    Posts : 132
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur on Wed May 23, 2012 10:12 pm

    Vasani Shepard wrote:Damn dice.

    *proceeds to roll two natural 20s* Showoff.

    Also...what the hell?? Shocked

    Having helped Cameron and Sven, and seeing Vasani take down the leader, Tabitha comes to the simple conclusion that she, too, does not appreciate being eaten. Preparing to cock an arrow, she's considerably jarred and distracted by...by...what the hell IS that, anyway?

    Roll 1--Initiative Modifier:
    +4
    Roll 2--Perception Modifier: +11

    Whenever she manages to refocus, she looses a pair of arrows at the leader Visani started to beat on.

    Rolls 3 & 4--Attack: +4 vs AC

    Rolls 5 & 6--Damage: 1d8+4 per Hit


    Last edited by Tabitha Oakenfleur on Wed May 23, 2012 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

    Sponsored content

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:57 pm