Good luck!


    The Main Campaign!

    Share
    avatar
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

    Posts : 132
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur on Wed May 23, 2012 10:15 pm

    Well shit. It got rid of my roll-commands. Let's try this again.
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Wed May 23, 2012 10:15 pm

    The member 'Tabitha Oakenfleur' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    #1 'd20' :


    --------------------------------

    #2 'd8' :

    #2 Result : 6, 3

    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

    Posts : 181
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-03-24
    Age : 29

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Metah Fore on Thu May 24, 2012 7:27 pm

    Metah quietly approaches the goblin banner bearer hoping that she/he seems to appear out of thin air, you know for intimidation's sake.



    1st roll:
    Initiative +3

    2nd roll:
    to hit +3 vs. AC

    3rd roll:
    Damage

    4th roll:
    This attack lets you shift backwards, and make a stealth check, so stealth check. +8
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Thu May 24, 2012 7:27 pm

    The member 'Metah Fore' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    #1 'd20' :


    --------------------------------

    #2 'd20' :


    --------------------------------

    #3 'd4' :

    #3 Result : 2

    --------------------------------

    #4 'd20' :
    avatar
    Vasani Shepard
    Pirate Queen

    Posts : 371
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Vasani Shepard on Fri May 25, 2012 12:28 am

    Having knocked the leader onto his back, Vasani shifts her attention to the second sharpshooter standing nearby. She slashes at him with her borrowed rapier and grabs him.

    d20 to hit: +6 vs AC
    He's automatically grabbed.

    d8 for damage: +4




    Last edited by Vasani Shepard on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Fri May 25, 2012 12:28 am

    The member 'Vasani Shepard' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    #1 'd20' :


    --------------------------------

    #2 'd8' :

    #2 Result : 6
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Fri May 25, 2012 2:56 am

    Tabitha Oakenfleur wrote:
    Vasani Shepard wrote:Damn dice.

    *proceeds to roll two natural 20s* Showoff.

    Also...what the hell?? Shocked

    Having helped Cameron and Sven, and seeing Vasani take down the leader, Tabitha comes to the simple conclusion that she, too, does not appreciate being eaten. Preparing to cock an arrow, she's considerably jarred and distracted by...by...what the hell IS that, anyway?

    Roll 1--Initiative Modifier:
    +4
    Roll 2--Perception Modifier: +11

    YOU MADE THE MEDIUM DC!

    You scan the forest frantically for whatever THAT was. You hear branches breaking, ground moving, and a low rumble as if something large was dragging itself around on the ground.. and you swear you just saw something move just now!



    A gunshot from the starting battle rings out in the sky and grabs your attention, and before you know it the shadow you saw is gone.

    The drummer begins setting a tempo, the forest reverberates to the beat of war.



    bum bum bum, bum ba-da-da dum bum bum



    Vasani, without taking so much as a moment to think, immediatly TAKES A SWING at the nearest GOBLIN SHARPSHOOTER. However, the dark of the forest at night and the GOBLIN DRUMMER's tempo lends him the focus he needs to DODGE THE ATTACK, and retaliate with a strike of his own SHORTSWORD, harming Vasani for 10 DAMAGE.

    The two GOBLIN BANNER BEARERS begin twirling their spears in time with each other before charging down the field; the two of them are than intercepted by Cameron, Sven and Metah. The FIRST BANNER BEARER manages to DEFLECT Sven's blow, yet Sven manages to DODGE the Goblin's attack as well.

    Cameron swings with flourish, and manages to CRITICALLY HIT the SECOND BANNER BEARER for 15 damage. The SECOND BANNER BEARER reels back from the attack, walking straight in to Metah's own CRITICAL SNEAK ATTACK, being dealt another 18 DAMAGE; Metah than slips back in the shadows with ease. Somehow, the SECOND BANNER BEARER shakes off the assaults, and stabs at Cameron for 18 DAMAGE, bringing him to a total of 7 HEALTH.

    Meanwhile, the FIRST GOBLIN SHARPSHOOTER carefully lines up a shot on the distracted Tabitha, expertly dealing 18 DAMAGE, bringing Tabitha down to a total of 6 HEALTH.

    The SECOND GOBLIN SHARPSHOOTER, still feeling the drummer's tempo in his arms and legs, SWIPES at Vasani a second time for 5 DAMAGE, bringing Vasani down to a total of 13 HEALTH.

    Finally, the GOBLIN UNDERBOSS brings himself to his feet, somewhat embarrassed by the way he was so carelessly taken down. He attempts to slip away from the fight for a moment when he is CRITICALLY SHOT by Tabitha for 24 DAMAGE. Poor guy.




    INITIATIVE ORDER:
    Vasani
    Goblin Banner Bearer
    Svenhelm
    Goblin Drummer
    Goblin Sharpshooter
    Goblin Underboss
    Tabitha
    Metah
    Cameron

    STATUS:

    Goblin Underboss, "L", Level 9 Elite
    Int: +7
    DAMAGE TAKEN: 38 / 194
    AC: 23
    FT: 22
    RE: 20
    WL: 21


    Goblin Sharpshooter, "1" , Level 9
    Int: +9
    DAMAGE TAKEN: 0 / 76
    AC: 23
    FT: 19
    RE: 21
    WL: 19

    Goblin Sharpshooter, "2" , Level 9
    Int: +9
    DAMAGE TAKEN: 0 / 76
    AC: 23
    FT: 19
    RE: 21
    WL: 19


    Goblin Drummer, "D", Level 9
    Int: +6
    DAMAGE TAKEN: 0 / 79
    AC: 21
    FT: 21
    RE: 20
    WL: 23


    Goblin Banner Bearer, "1", Level 9
    Int: +11
    DAMAGE TAKEN: 0 / 95
    AC: 23
    FT: 21
    RE: 22
    WL: 21


    Goblin Banner Bearer, "2", Level 9
    Int: +11
    DAMAGE TAKEN: 33 / 95
    AC: 23
    FT: 21
    RE: 22
    WL: 21





    DM NOTE! Any IMMEDIATE INTERRUPT or IMMEDIATE REACTION skills can be posted in response to one I make, or you can get the jump on things and say something like..

    "IF THIS DUDE SHIFTS AWAY FROM ME, I DO A IMMEDIATE REACTION TO SMACK HIM",

    or "IF SOMEONE ATTACKS SIR FLUFFENS, I DO AN IMMEDIATE INTERRUPT TO INTERCEPT THE ATTACK, HERE IS MY ROLLS."


    Last edited by Dungeon Master Orange on Fri May 25, 2012 3:08 am; edited 3 times in total
    avatar
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Speed Racer

    Posts : 287
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-05-23

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Leopold von Vechtan on Fri May 25, 2012 3:01 am

    ???








    Rumbling. Rumbling.



    Something, someone is lurking.. watching..



    You hear a faint movement in the woods..



    Even louder than last time time.


    avatar
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

    Posts : 132
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur on Fri May 25, 2012 3:03 am

    ????????? wrote:???








    Rumbling. Rumbling.



    Something, someone is lurking.. watching..



    You hear a faint movement in the woods..



    Even louder than last time time.



    Shocked
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Sat May 26, 2012 3:26 am

    ????????? wrote:

    ...



    Even louder than last time time.




    The drummer starts to lose his beat, distracted by the movement of the forest. "Uh... boss?

    Cursing in a goblin tongue while holding his hand over his swollen eye (from when Vasani had started this fight), the underboss turns to his subordinate. "WHAT? IS THIS REALLYS THE TIMES?"



    A tree falls.



    ...



    The battle has entirely stopped. You feel an overwhelming presence of something watching you. The underboss, sufficiently frightened at this point, begins to nervously call for order within his ranks. "Alrights you green skins! Its is our times of honors to hunt the invader in our dishonorable King --"


    You feel the earth shift and move. You.. swore you just heard a.. hiss.


    All six goblins let out a yelp, and begin to scatter in to the woods. Realizing his brigade had abandoned him, the underboss makes his own retreat, shouting behind him as he runs. "WE ARES THE SMART ONES AND ARE GOING TO LEAVES NOW. I HOPES YOU ARE DEVOURED SLOWELYS AND DELICATELYS BY THE BEAST INSTEAD OF GOBBLED UP QUICKLYS! HAHAHAH!"

    Battle.. victorious? YOU HAVE GAINED 100 EXP! The goblins dropped some gold as they fled, which earns you each 15g!

    Despite your apparent victory, Cameron and Sven do not look all too happy regarding the circumstances in which the goblins fled. "We.. we should really get out of here. We have to find a way to find Box, and fast." Sven and Cameron proceed to mount their ravens, awaiting an idea to find their missing watchman as well as trying to think of a way to save Box themselves.




    avatar
    Vasani Shepard
    Pirate Queen

    Posts : 371
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Vasani Shepard on Sun May 27, 2012 4:07 am

    Not quite sure where to even begin looking for Box, Vasani climbs onto Jax's back and set off in a random direction. She flies amidst the trees and hopes she doesn't get laid out again.

    "Maaaaarco?"


    Perception:+0


    Last edited by Vasani Shepard on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Sun May 27, 2012 4:07 am

    The member 'Vasani Shepard' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    'd20' :
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Sun May 27, 2012 4:36 am

    Vasani Shepard wrote:Not quite sure where to even begin looking for Box, Vasani climbs onto Jax's back and set off in a random direction. She flies amidst the trees and hopes she doesn't get laid out again.

    "Maaaaarco?"


    Perception:+0

    Dungeon wrote:The member 'Vasani Shepard' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    'd20' :

    YOU MADE THE MEDIUM DC!

    Cameron, Sven, and the rest of the party follow Vasani, realizing she must have something in mind to find the last watch member. The tension of the moment is broken instantly when Vasani begins calling out Marco.

    After a few attempts, not far from where your fight with the goblins took place, you hear a confused "..poooolo?".


    SKILL CHALLENGE COMPLETE! You have gained 50 exp!

    Your party swoops down back in to the woods to find Boxershorts scanning the redwoods for herbs, somewhat embarrassed by losing track of time. You inform him of what recently took place, with the goblins and the giant creature, and come to the quick conclusion that returning to Red Terrace is for the best.

    QUEST COMPLETE! You have gained 150 exp!

    You return home after a long day, and almost immediately want to head to bed. It isn't a terrible idea, you suppose, tomorrow IS the Festival of the Three. You have a lot of celebrating to do.

    This is the end of Part I of the Prologue. You can still talk to or walk around Red Terrace, but when you are ready to continue, just say you are heading to bed!
    avatar
    Vasani Shepard
    Pirate Queen

    Posts : 371
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Vasani Shepard on Sun May 27, 2012 4:40 am

    Vasani heads home and flops face first onto her bed. She hopes to never see another goblin for as long as she lives.


    Last edited by Vasani Shepard on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

    Posts : 181
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-03-24
    Age : 29

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Metah Fore on Mon May 28, 2012 11:33 am

    Metah also collapses into bed, hiding in the shadows instead of being helpful sure is exhausting.
    avatar
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

    Posts : 132
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur on Thu May 31, 2012 1:45 am

    Tabitha sits at the edge of her own bunk, watching the others drift off to sleep, but finds herself wide awake despite--or likely due to--the day's excitement. This whole thing doesn't sit well with her. The Goblins...fine. The....thing...not good, but okay. One at a time and she might be able to handle it. Maybe. But both? She knew her own tendency to take things too seriously but simply couldn't shake the feeling that there was something more to the night's events. Hoping that the preparations for tomorrow have kept a few other people restless, she leaves her bedside perch and resolves to ask some authority figures for their opinions.
    First off, she checks if her officers--Cameron, Jonathan, or even Miss Annie--are up still up, wherever they may be. Depending on the time she might end up knocking.
    If that fails, or even just to get another opinion, she makes her way to the abbey. If anyone would know any stories, histories, or legends to squeeze some truth out of, she could probably find them there.

    Not sure if it is needed, but just in case:
    Perception Modifier: +11
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Thu May 31, 2012 1:45 am

    The member 'Tabitha Oakenfleur' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    'd20' :
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:48 pm

    Tabitha Oakenfleur wrote:Tabitha sits at the edge of her own bunk, watching the others drift off to sleep, but finds herself wide awake despite--or likely due to--the day's excitement. This whole thing doesn't sit well with her. The Goblins...fine. The....thing...not good, but okay. One at a time and she might be able to handle it. Maybe. But both? She knew her own tendency to take things too seriously but simply couldn't shake the feeling that there was something more to the night's events. Hoping that the preparations for tomorrow have kept a few other people restless, she leaves her bedside perch and resolves to ask some authority figures for their opinions.
    First off, she checks if her officers--Cameron, Jonathan, or even Miss Annie--are up still up, wherever they may be. Depending on the time she might end up knocking.
    If that fails, or even just to get another opinion, she makes her way to the abbey. If anyone would know any stories, histories, or legends to squeeze some truth out of, she could probably find them there.

    Not sure if it is needed, but just in case:
    Perception Modifier: +11

    You notice a light coming from Miss Annie's room, and notice that she is still awake; she appears to be praying. She notices you at her doorway, and welcomes you inside, hands you some wine, and listens to your concerns.

    "My my Tabby.. I should have known you would be up worrying yourself over this evenings excitement. I can't blame you, either.. even I can't entirely wrap my head around the strange coincidence that took place. But what you saw out there is what I believe to be an old legend.. one that I haven't heard since I was a little girl. Mothers used to scare their children of crossing the Twin Rivers by telling them about the oldest demon in these forests, who took the form of a giant red snake with bright green eyes. They would explain how he would look for prey in his woods, and would gobble up unsuspecting bad children. Hah, mothers used to love that story all right. He went by many names throughout the ages.. The Untamed, Redscale, Jade Eyes, Jasper.

    "What's troubling is that the Untamed is that he has been known to keep to himself on the other side of the river. To find him as well as the Goblin King's scouts, as well as a strange white blur.. well.."

    Miss Annie pauses for a moment to collect her thoughts and sip her wine.

    "Outside our humble village, no one believes in these old legends of demons and magic. No one believes that the forest is alive. Maybe legends like the Untamed have decided to remind the world that even the tallest tales hold some truth; that they still hold a place in the world. I think what you saw tonight was a sign of things to come. But for tonight, I think it is time for you to get some rest, and enjoy yourself tomorrow. We will cross those bridges when we get to them."
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:20 am

    Spirit-Chaser Strategy Guide: Prologue, Part II

    The morning of the festival started solemnly. One of Red Terrace's oldest is being sent off this morning. Mr. Lindon has been ill for weeks now, and has made peace with this fact. A small crowd has gathered around him, giving him their best and last goodbyes. His old raven lifted Mr. Lindon on his back, and stared wistfully towards the horizon.

    As long as anyone can remember, the ritual of sending off the town's eldest and sickly have been apart of Red Terrace as long as anyone can remember. The ravens share a similar lifespan, so the townsfolk and glidewing's lives are deeply intertwined. When a villager reaches the end of their life, that villager and their raven typically fly far away from Red Terrace; if a villager does not own a raven, typically a different raven who is also near the end of their life seeks out the villager.

    No one entirely knows where the ravens take them in their final days; some think the ravens return to a place of birth, or a special place in the villager's family heritage. Some think that the ravens simply fly as far as they can, to see as much of the world before they both pass. All anyone knows is that once they leave Red Terrace, they never come back.

    Mr. Lindon hushes some of the few that are crying, reminding them that he doesn't want the festival ruined due to his passing. And after a few short moments, he and his raven depart Red Terrace, to never return again.

    The entire ceremony was sobering for Miss Annie. Though she still feels young at heart, she comes to the realization that she is now the eldest person on Red Terrace. She seems confused and lost, not knowing how to take the new position she finds herself in.

    You know that Panzer wants all the Watch members to report to the Watcher's Courtyard, whenever you are ready to do so.
    avatar
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

    Posts : 132
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:29 am

    Dungeon Master Orange wrote:The entire ceremony was sobering for Miss Annie. Though she still feels young at heart, she comes to the realization that she is now the eldest person on Red Terrace. She seems confused and lost, not knowing how to take the new position she finds herself in.

    Tabitha walks up to Annie and gives her a firm, silent hug, moved by the melancholy look about her. Not wanting to embarrass her or make things any more awkward, she leaves to begin walking to the Courtyard for their meeting.
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:56 pm





    "ALL RIGHT! EVERYONE GATHER ROUND, BECAUSE IT IS MY FAVORITE DAY IN THE YEAR."

    As you approach Watcher's Courtyard, Panzer seems to be rallying all the watch to him. Outside the barracks, you notice a few benches, as well as a weapon rack filled with various foam and wooden weaponry.

    "Now than, yesterday you all did an amazing job getting everything done and the town in perfect order. You are all officially off the hook today, but not before a little fun. As most of you know, every year I hold my little competition here in our courtyard. And just like every year, I changed up the rules a little, but some things have stayed the same. Everyone will still have a partner, everyone will still use the mock weaponry. And don't you worry, Vasani, I even threw together some mock spiked gauntlets with your name on them. I got everyone's special requests and you should find them inside the bin, so anything you are looking for, it is in there. Remember, since no one is getting injured here, at least act the part if you get a good blow dealt to you alright? Miss Annie will be our judge again this year, so she'll know if you got hit.

    And as always, I brought plenty of snacks and drinks. Yeah, it is a little early, but the Eve of the Three is an all day occasion as far as I'm concerned, and last time I checked today has already started.

    So grab a partner, a weapon, and a drink, and gather back up so I can explain the rules this year, as well as this year's prize."
    avatar
    Vasani Shepard
    Pirate Queen

    Posts : 371
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Vasani Shepard on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:47 pm

    Vasani is practically bouncing in place while Panzer gives his little speech. She loves competition. Especially fighting competitions. She's not sure how she feels about having a partner, but hey, why not.


    Dungeon Master Orange wrote:
    So grab a partner, a weapon, and a drink, and gather back up so I can explain the rules this year, as well as this year's prize."


    Not one to hesitate, Vasani nudges Tabby towards Cameron and waggles her eyebrows at her before turning away to find her own partner. She walks up to Donovan and grins up at him. "Partner? Partner." Not waiting for a response she grabs his arm and drags him to the weapons bin. She precariously balances on the edge of the weapons bin and digs out her fist weapons. With a bemused look, she puts the odd hunks of foam on her hands and stares at them a bit. Not sure what to think of these... She tests one out and punches at Donovan's arm.


    Last edited by Vasani Shepard on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:51 pm

    Vasani Shepard wrote: With a bemused look, she puts the odd hunks of foam on her hands and stares at them a bit. Not sure what to think of these... She tests one out at punches at Donovan's arm. [/b]

    Donovan smiles quietly and giggles at Vasani's blow. Brandis turns, and shouts to Donovan, "Oh, oh god Donovan! Look at what she has done to your arm! The pain, it is too much!"

    Donovan looks down at his arm.

    "Oh no."

    Man, just look at these two.


    Last edited by Dungeon Master Orange on Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:42 am; edited 3 times in total

    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

    Posts : 181
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-03-24
    Age : 29

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Metah Fore on Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:11 am

    Metah excitedly rushes up to collect whatever foam weapons are meant for him and then does her best to mysteriously appear next to Dan Jer.
    "Hiiiiiiiiiiii friiiiieeeennnnnddddd.... Wanna be partners... IN JUSTICE?!?!"
    avatar
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

    Posts : 132
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:40 am

    Tabby blushes as she stumbles a step towards Cameron. Thoroughly convinced that somehow everyone saw her, she takes a breath and continues walking towards him. She had planned to wait and see who else paired up or for someone to come ask her, but clearly Vasani had other plans for her. And what was with that eyebrow waggle, anyway? It was really nothing new from Vasani, she told herself, but she couldn't help but wonder if she was missing something.
    "Hey Cameron. Unless you're already taken, care to team up?"

    Sponsored content

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:48 pm