Good luck!


    The Main Campaign!

    Share
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:14 pm

    The member 'Tabitha Oakenfleur' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    'd20' :
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Tue May 01, 2012 5:36 am

    Dungeon wrote:The member 'Tabitha Oakenfleur' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    'd20' :

    Tabitha quickly analyzes the moment, and figures the most respectful way to accept the honor is to walk up calmly, maybe bow, and give a simple show of gratitude to whoever is presenting your unif-- aw crap Vasani and Metah already ran up..





    Vasani Shepard wrote:With a grin plastered on her face, she maneuvers her way through the crowd and up to Panzer. She accepts her uniform with a slight bow and returns to the group of assembled guardsmen.

    Panzer turns towards the spunky girl and hands Vasani her new cloak, hat, and scarf; all embroidered with the simple logo of the Watch. Panzer grins, and places a firm hand on Vasani's shoulder, "Hey kid, I'm real proud of you. Now don't you worry, nothin' has changed; We are still gonna cause trouble just as much as before, alright?"

    Metah Fore wrote:Finally! His own uniform. The only piece of clothing besides her cape that wasn't a hand me down from his older siblings. Sure, the uniform had probably belonged to a member of the watch before her, but it was different somehow. He can't wait to to don the uniform (especially that amazing hat) and fight for justice. She dashes up and takes the uniform hugging both Cameron and Panzer tightly. He clutches her new threads wondering when they will be dismissed to try them on.

    Miss Annie chuckles to herself as she hands Metah their garments, before giving a big sigh. "Dear, I admire your enthusiasm. You remind me of myself as a child, full of poetic righteousness to want to make a difference in the world. Never lose that, you understand? With it you will do great things. And maybe you won't even need to earn a scar like mine in the process.

    Tabitha Oakenfleur wrote:Glad she had someone before her to follow but a little embarrassed for being the last to come forward, Tabitha roughly follows Visani's path, moving slow enough to look dignified (she hopes) but quick enough to not look like she's stalling. She can't say she's comfortable in front of crowds, but somehow the mismatched group takes the edge off the whole affair. She takes her uniform, bowing from her head, then takes her place while looking casually out of the corners of her eyes to see if anyone actually expects her to put anything on.

    Cameron outstretches the new uniform to Tabitha, but chokes on his words; His mind races as he tries to formulate how a Captain should welcome someone in to the Watch. He bows quietly in response to Tabitha, and barely scrapes together a sentence. "I.. uh, would like to say that I am really glad you are here today. It really means a lot to all of us." Realizing how foolish he must sound, he bows gently with a smile to cover up his awkward welcome.

    The small crowd hoot and holler at the new recruits as they make their way back to join the rest of the group. Cameron manages to regain some of his composure; "I would like to once again to welcome you three in to the Watch. It wasn't easy, and not all the recruits made it to this point, but maybe sometime in the future they will be able to rejoin us as Watch members.
    (THIS IS A HINT FOR ANYONE INTERESTED IN MAKING A CHARACTER STILL!) Now than, like I mentioned earlier, we have a busy day today, and tomarrow, we can drink ourselves silly. Let's start off with patrols: Roro? I want you to start off today with the morning flight. As always be sure to grab a partner."

    Roro nods, "Yes sir! Hmm.. Hey Donovan, care to join me this morning?"

    Donovan turns to Roro with a large thumbs up and begins to pack up his fiddle in his bags.

    "Excellent, now than.. for the afternoon route, can you handle it Box? I think I already know who you will ask to be your partner."

    Box smiles, "You have got that right. Sven, you are coming with me." Sven, who was beginning to doze off, jumps up to attention. "Wha?"

    "For the night patrol, I am going to ask our newest recruits if they would like to join me for the route."

    A small burst of immature giggling comes from Brandis and Darkspear. "Aw man Cam, this must be a record for you. First day as a watch memeber and already trying to get the new ladies out for the night watch with you?" Roro grins and adds, "Looks like you are chaperone tonight, Metah."

    Cameron blushes for a moment from the comment. "Ha! Aw man.. I walked right in to that. Well at least we all know who will be stuck delivering the few dozen pounds of fertilizer today."

    Brandis and Darkspear high five eachother, "Hey, it was totally worth it."

    "Lastly, Daan can you handle general town patrol?" (Daan responds with a quiet nod, and mumbles something about 'I did not ask for this') "Alright, now that that is all settled, take a small break and relax. When you are done, see me about your job for today. Let's do this!"

    "Woo!"

    Cameron gives a sigh of relief as he turns to Miss Annie and Panzer for approval. As Annie is being lifted on to her old crow's back from her wheel chair (by her crow), she nods her head to Cameron. "Oh ease up honey, you did great. Trust me."

    "Yeah kid, don't worry so much. You were born to do this."



    Some quick DM tips!

    -There is a 10 item inventory now, not counting what you have equipped. I will try my best to keep track of it though! When I say 10 items, it is 10 unique items. If you want to see your inventory, just say something like

    "/OPEN INVENTORY"



    -In a similar fashion, I will try and record milestones, health and exp as best as I can! To see that, say something like

    "/OPEN STATUS"



    -Lastly, if you want to see any world or town maps, (I will post them at key moments still), just say something like

    "/OPEN TOWN MAP"

    or

    "/OPEN WORLD MAP" !



    I think I had something else to say but I do believe I have forgotten.








    avatar
    Vasani Shepard
    Pirate Queen

    Posts : 371
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Vasani Shepard on Tue May 01, 2012 11:50 pm

    Vasani sneaks up behind and pounces on Tabitha, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "Seems like we've got some time to kill, Tabby. You think this is all there is to the 'celebration'?"

    She scans the crowd looking for signs of impending celebration and/or trouble.


    Insight or perception check to see what everyone else (NPCs that is) is planning on doing.
    Insight: +2
    Perception: 0


    Last edited by Vasani Shepard on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Tue May 01, 2012 11:50 pm

    The member 'Vasani Shepard' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    'd20' :
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Fri May 04, 2012 4:09 am

    Dungeon wrote:The member 'Vasani Shepard' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    'd20' :

    It appears that most Watch members are mingling about this chilly morning. A few have welcomed and congratulated you in passing, but for the most part everyone is enjoying their few moments of rest before a long day of work. It is getting cold fast, and you have overheard that it might even start snowing by tonight; you are glad you just got a new cloak.

    ACQUIRED WATCH UNIFORM (CLOAK, HAT, SCARF)! (This item will not count against your inventory space.)

    You realize you are getting distracted. You also notice further down the terrace that some townsfolk are waking and are starting to setup large balloon lanterns and decorations for tomorrow night's festival; It is going to be so freakin' sweet.

    Right. Back to business. You figure at this point you can either see Cameron about your duties for today , or enjoy your break a little longer and mingle with some of the other watch.
    avatar
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

    Posts : 132
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur on Fri May 04, 2012 4:45 am

    Vasani Shepard wrote:She scans the crowd looking for signs of impending celebration and/or trouble.
    Whoo boy. Tabitha is likely all too familiar with the look she's gotten on her face. Still, she can't help grinning along with her; at least she never fails to keep things interesting.

    "First few minutes on the squad and you're already out to get us in trouble?" Tabitha nudges her playfully, used to this by now. "The Captain did say not to go too crazy, though...besides, we've actually got a job to do tonight. They won't mind a little trouble-making I'll bet, but showing up to our first patrol completely sloshed won't go over well...and it's a long fall off our birds."
    Tabby smiles and shrugs, done nagging for now. She's anxious to start getting a real feel for this Scouting business, but there's likely plenty of time until they need to actually check in for the night shift. For now, she's more than content to ride Visani's enthusiasm and see where it takes them.


    >Check watch to see how much time we could kill?
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Fri May 04, 2012 4:51 am

    Tabitha Oakenfleur wrote:
    Vasani Shepard wrote:She scans the crowd looking for signs of impending celebration and/or trouble.
    Whoo boy. Tabitha is likely all too familiar with the look she's gotten on her face. Still, she can't help grinning along with her; at least she never fails to keep things interesting.

    "First few minutes on the squad and you're already out to get us in trouble?" Tabitha nudges her playfully, used to this by now. "The Captain did say not to go too crazy, though...besides, we've actually got a job to do tonight. They won't mind a little trouble-making I'll bet, but showing up to our first patrol completely sloshed won't go over well...and it's a long fall off our birds."
    Tabby smiles and shrugs, done nagging for now. She's anxious to start getting a real feel for this Scouting business, but there's likely plenty of time until they need to actually check in for the night shift. For now, she's more than content to ride Visani's enthusiasm and see where it takes them.


    >Check watch to see how much time we could kill?


    From the looks of the others walking around, and previous months spent as a trainee watching the Watch move about in the mornings, you probably have about a half hour before you should report in to a captain to see if there is anything that you could help with, especially on a day like today, with the festival coming up and what not.

    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

    Posts : 181
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-03-24
    Age : 29

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Metah Fore on Fri May 04, 2012 11:02 pm

    Bursting with enthusiasm Metah bounds towards her new official co-watch member Daan and offers him some pistachios. Ma always taught him to share after all.

    Metah briefly considers taking advantage of the free time to have some fun and decides against He then approaches Cameron and salutes. "METAH FORE REPORTING FOR DUTY, SIR!"
    avatar
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

    Posts : 132
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur on Fri May 04, 2012 11:16 pm

    Tabitha does a double-take, noticing that Meta has already taken off and reported in. Figuring she should hear this now and save him having to repeat himself, she hurries back and tries her best to look prepared.


    Last edited by Tabitha Oakenfleur on Fri May 04, 2012 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Vasani Shepard
    Pirate Queen

    Posts : 371
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Vasani Shepard on Fri May 04, 2012 11:26 pm

    Resigned that nothing exciting will be happening till tomorrow, Vasani follows the other recruits' lead and heads over to Cameron.

    With a mock salute, she reports for duty. "Whatcha got for me, Captain."


    Last edited by Vasani Shepard on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Fri May 04, 2012 11:29 pm

    Metah Fore wrote:Bursting with enthusiasm Metah bounds towards her new official co-watch member Daan and offers him some pistachios. Ma always taught him to share after all.

    Metah briefly considers taking advantage of the free time to have some fun and decides against He then approaches Cameron and salutes. "METAH FORE REPORTING FOR DUTY, SIR!"

    Daan's eyes watch as the young genderless kid wanders closer. The child is full of energy, full of potential; this kid can be molded in to a conduit of justice. But what is that? The kid offers Daan some pistachios. Pistachios. Daan's eyes narrow, his heart beats faster, sweat accumulates on his brow. How could this be? Daan excuses himself in a hurry, but not without glancing back at the kid. How could such an innocent being hold the power of such evil?

    Cameron notices Metah approach, and looks over a small schedule he holds in his hand. "Hey there Metah, ready for some work?" The young captain smiles, and nods towards three boxes he has sitting next to him. "This will be an easy job for you guys to get started, you'll work with Vasani and Tabitha on this, so no worries.

    All I need of you three to do today is to deliver three boxes to different residents in Red Terrace.

    The three crates are not heavy, and your crow can easily carry them for you, but I want you to walk the boxes to the residents instead of flying to them. You will be surprised how different the town looks to you as a Watch member. Most people here you have met or seen, but you will really get to know now that you help out on the Watch. And have fun! Take your time to wander about and get to know your way around. This will be your only task for today aside from our night patrol later this evening. "

    Cameron hands you the three boxes to strap to your crow.

    YOU HAVE ACQUIRED "CRATE TO THE ABBEY" !
    YOU HAVE ACQUIRED "CRATE TO THE VON VECHTAN GRAINERY" !
    YOU HAVE ACQUIRED "CRATE TO THE BEAR MINIMUM GENERAL STORE" !

    "All three crates are labeled and marked, so you won't need to write down who gets what. One is for Mr. von Vechtan up on the Farmer's Terrace, one crate is for Bishop Crane up at the Abbey's terrace, and one crate is for Mr. Samuels at his general store on the market terrace, The Bear MINIMUM.

    Oh and if you have any questions, feel free to ask me!"





    DM NOTE: QUEST ITEMS WILL NOT COUNT TOWARDS INVENTORY SPACE.

    YOU ARE CURRENTLY AT 1 on the map, the Watcher's Courtyard. I forgot to mark the map.


    Last edited by Dungeon Master Orange on Sat May 05, 2012 1:38 am; edited 2 times in total
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Fri May 04, 2012 11:37 pm

    As you begin to walk away, Cameron calls out to your party. "By the way, with all the excitement with the festival coming up, it couldn't hurt to look about and see if anyone needs a helping hand with anything; a really good way to make a good first impression to the community as a new watch member!
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Fri May 04, 2012 11:57 pm

    DM NOTE: That map does not look that way in physical form, this is pure gameplay. A real physical map would mark every residence, and not mark strange things like "really awesome pool" or "abandoned shack"

    avatar
    Vasani Shepard
    Pirate Queen

    Posts : 371
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Vasani Shepard on Sat May 05, 2012 12:44 am

    So what exactly is this celebration that'll be going on? Details, man. Details.

    Also. In instances such as this when we're just wandering about town, how do we find side quests or people to talk to? Actively search with checks every few squares/feet? Will you just let us know when we hit a certain point? Or something else?
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Sat May 05, 2012 1:00 am

    Vasani Shepard wrote:So what exactly is this celebration that'll be going on? Details, man. Details.

    Tomorrow, in game time, is what is known as The Eve of the Three , an ancient dwarven druidic festival devoted to the Three Aspects of ancient dwarven lore; The Maiden, the Mother, and the Crone. This festival happens annually, but it is one of three similarly themed celebrations revolving around life cycles and harvests. This specific festival focuses on "The Maiden", with spring starting.

    The Eve of the Three is precursor to The Harvest of the Maiden, which happens the following day. The Eve of the Three is the night where everyone gets drunk and celebrates and gets rowdy, and the Harvest is the more respectful, ritualistic, and small event that devotes itself to good crops, family, and the health of the Grandfather Redwood itself.

    Sort of like what Halloween, or All Hallow's Eve, is to All Saint's Day.

    That explain it well enough?
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Sat May 05, 2012 1:08 am

    Vasani Shepard wrote:Also. In instances such as this when we're just wandering about town, how do we find side quests or people to talk to? Actively search with checks every few squares/feet? Will you just let us know when we hit a certain point? Or something else?

    Kind of like what I had done in D&D in person, but a little more refined, I will drop vague hints of people who might have fun stuff to talk about or quests, but will rely on the players to find quests or fun things.

    For example, when you wander in a certain part of town or terrace, I will mention of the general going-ons you notice, usually dropping vague ideas of what is going on. (One example could be people setting up decorations). If you go to specific spots on a map, or make specific checks (Streetwise is the big one, but Perception and Insight or any others can work too), your searching about will get less and less vague.

    Lets say you wander about the Elven capital, I might say that you notice things like crowds gathering to watch people try and sell crap or other people singing and dancing. Upon inspection at the crowd, or using a skill check, might cause you to notice you see a shifty dude in the crowd. Upon even closer inspection with a check or actually confronting the person, you might discover he is a pickpocket, which could result in a side quest. That kind of crap.

    If I start to notice my descriptions are too vague and cause you guys to never notice anything, I'll probably adjust things.
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Sat May 05, 2012 1:40 am

    Also, going to specific places will give you a more specific outlook on that specific place. You won't learn what about what is happening at the pottery shop when you mention you want to go to to the pub.
    avatar
    Vasani Shepard
    Pirate Queen

    Posts : 371
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Vasani Shepard on Sat May 05, 2012 2:25 am

    Vasani snatches up the crate to be delivered to the general store and hoists it up onto her glidewing.

    "I think I'm going to take the long way 'round to the market." She looks over to Metah and Tabitha, and a grin spreads across her face. "See the sights."

    She sets off with Jax hopping along at her side. The Eve of Three was one of her favorite festivals. The constant activity beforehand and, of course, the actual celebrating was a delightful contrast to the calm that was the norm here. As she roamed the streets, her eyes looked around at the townsfolk preparing for tomorrow.


    Streetwise! +6



    Last edited by Vasani Shepard on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Sat May 05, 2012 2:25 am

    The member 'Vasani Shepard' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    'd20' :
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Sat May 05, 2012 2:59 am

    Dungeon wrote:The member 'Vasani Shepard' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    'd20' :


    You made the MEDIUM DC!


    While sauntering through the residential terrace, you take in the town in a new light. You take extra notice in the faces of the townsfolk, in a way you haven't looked before. Friendly people, with histories and fruitful lives. These men and women, who amidst their celebration preparation of setting up lanterns and colorful streamers, all know in the back of their mind that tomorrow they will be having a good time tomorrow, and will be getting ridiculously drunk.



    Your reverie breaks for a moment when you notice a woman standing at the top of a ladder, holding up a string of lights. She sighs heavily in frustration, and mumbles to herself, seemingly to be criticizing her forethought. (Oh what the hell did I do this for, that sort of thing.) Her arms seem to be wobbling a little, it appears that she has been standing in that position for a short while now.
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Sat May 05, 2012 3:47 am

    DM NOTE:

    For the most part, I will assume that all players are in "conversation limbo". By that, I mean that I will try my best to never assume they are part of a conversation, or not part of one, until specifically told.

    This is due to the fact that I understand that not everyone can read and respond at the same time as everyone else. As long as you quote what you are responding to you can join in on a conversation at any point of the conversation if you missed out on something. You can also wander off and do your own thing completely separate of any conversations going on.

    Because of this, you can also change dialog or actions you already have done, as long as you tell me in a new reply, if you see that someone has asked a question or done something different you would rather take part in.

    Also, talk to each other here! Don't hesitate to talk or do something because you arn't sure if other people want to do it, they can always join in or do their own thing at their own pace.

    Conspire all you want as well, you can even prepare actions like..

    "Oh man, hey you guys did you want to go ask "Y" if they are gonna party tonight? If "X" asks "Y" if they are down for partying, I want to walk up and ask "Y" where she got that dress."

    I will than continue the game taking in to account any prepared actions or other actions by players. Preparing actions will be something that will really come up in combat, when we get to that.


    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

    Posts : 181
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-03-24
    Age : 29

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Metah Fore on Sun May 06, 2012 3:53 pm

    Metah happily begins to follow Vasani, but he is distracted en route by an abandoned shack. She desperately wants to go investigate it, but he should really be focusing on delivering this package because it is her mission.

    But, this abandoned shack looks like just the place that all sorts of fiends could be hiding in. Besides, isn't it also the duty of a watch member to patrol the city and protect the citizens? It would be irresponsible for him not to investigate!

    Mind made up Metah ventures into the shack.

    Perception +5 and all that rot.
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Sun May 06, 2012 3:53 pm

    The member 'Metah Fore' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    'd20' :
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Wed May 09, 2012 9:16 pm

    AHAHAHAHAHAHA I HAVE INTERNET AGAIN
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Thu May 10, 2012 4:03 pm

    Dungeon wrote:The member 'Metah Fore' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    'd20' :

    YOU MADE THE HARD DC!

    Beyond the boarded up windows and dust, you successfully get a glance of the inside of the shack. Inside, you notice what seems to be pistachio shells, old photographs, and newspaper clippings all pinned to the wall and connected by various colored strings. You also notice what seems to be target boards on the walls, obviously used for target practice.

    You... you think this is Daan's house.


    Sponsored content

    Re: The Main Campaign!

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:49 pm