Good luck!


    Rescue at Rivenroar

    Share
    avatar
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Speed Racer

    Posts : 287
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-05-23

    Re: Rescue at Rivenroar

    Post  Leopold von Vechtan on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:42 pm

    Vasani Shepard wrote:Vasani redirects her attention to the hooligans at the door, or what used to be the door. Her very being practically hums with excitement.

    "Look Cameron! You were right! There is a fight!" She giggles and draws her swords as she starts to head for the nearest hobogoblin.




    +5 to Initiative!


    Cameron glances at the hobgoblins, than towards Vasani..

    Than.. back at the hobgoblins. Than back at Vasani.

    Cameron cracks his knuckles, and catches up with the bloodthirsty pal of his. "Why can't we go anywhere nice for once?"


    +5 to Initiative!


    Last edited by Cameron del'Mar on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: Rescue at Rivenroar

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:42 pm

    The member 'Cameron del'Mar' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    'd20' :


    _________________
    avatar
    Chance Gardyloo

    Posts : 13
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-10-16

    Re: Rescue at Rivenroar

    Post  Chance Gardyloo on Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:28 am

    I knew it, I knew it, I knew it...

    Chance slides under her table hoping to avoid the brawl that ever tavern tends to breed.


    I'm going camping this weekend and won't be back till monday. Start without me and if you're still fighting when I get back then I'll hop in. But for now Chance is gonna avoid the fight.
    avatar
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Speed Racer

    Posts : 287
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-05-23

    Re: Rescue at Rivenroar

    Post  Leopold von Vechtan on Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:58 pm

    MELISSA WANTED ME TO ADD.

    SHE MENTIONS, WHEN YOU USE ROLL20 TO TAKE YOUR TURN, USE THE DRAW TOOL AND DRAW OUT YOUR MOVEMENT PATH. THAT IS ALL.


    _________________
    avatar
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

    Posts : 371
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: Rescue at Rivenroar

    Post  Vasani on Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:55 pm

    Still giggling, Vasani sprints across the room and leaps on top of the table near the door. She looks down at the hobgoblin before her, almost with a look of pity.

    "You really did come into the wrong bar."



    Many dice.
    d20 +8 vs AC
    d8 +7
    2d6 for sneak attack


    _________________
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: Rescue at Rivenroar

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:55 pm

    The member 'Vasani Shepard' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    'd20' :


    _________________
    avatar
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

    Posts : 371
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: Rescue at Rivenroar

    Post  Vasani on Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:56 pm

    Okay, for some reason it only registered the d20..

    GOGO DAMAGE DICE.

    Again,
    d8 +7
    2d6 for sneak attack


    Last edited by Vasani Shepard on Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: Rescue at Rivenroar

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:56 pm

    The member 'Vasani Shepard' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    #1 'd8' :

    #1 Result : 5

    --------------------------------

    #2 'd6' :

    #2 Result : 2, 1


    _________________
    avatar
    Limbo von Vechtan

    Posts : 52
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-10-07

    Re: Rescue at Rivenroar

    Post  Limbo von Vechtan on Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:12 pm

    Vasani Shepard wrote:Still giggling, Vasani sprints across the room and leaps on top of the table near the door. She looks down at the hobgoblin before her, almost with a look of pity.

    "You really did come into the wrong bar."
    Your hobgoblin target had no intention of taking you seriously, right up until you came charging at him, grinning and giggling like a madman. You have a moment to see the regret flash across his ugly mug before he falls to the ground.

    But these brute types aren't known for their survival instincts. Two of the remaining grunts turn to Vasani, while the third sets his sights on the poor, gaping half-elf at the bar. The bartender, seeing the hobgoblins heading his direction, drops prone behind the bar.

    The patron, in a stroke of luck, manages to stumble off his stool in time to avoid a sword strike. Two grunts move up to Vasani and both attempt attacks. Both connect!


    Vasani takes 10 damage!

    Next up: Rennyr

    Clerical Error

    Posts : 348
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-10-16

    Re: Rescue at Rivenroar

    Post  Clerical Error on Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:27 pm

    Rennyr summons a small ball of flame and giggles as she plays with it.

    "Hey, Mondo! Look I'm a firefly!"

    Her grin suddenly becomes much more menacing as the ball starts to grow exponentially.


    +4
    vs Fort

    Assuming I hit:

    1d10 +4
    Also anything that ends its turn adjacent to him takes 4 damage.
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: Rescue at Rivenroar

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:27 pm

    The member 'Rennyr Viceroy' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    #1 'd20' :


    --------------------------------

    #2 'd10' :

    #2 Result : 1
    avatar
    Limbo von Vechtan

    Posts : 52
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-10-07

    Re: Rescue at Rivenroar

    Post  Limbo von Vechtan on Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:40 pm

    Rennyr Viceroy wrote:Rennyr summons a small ball of flame and giggles as she plays with it.

    "Hey, Mondo! Look I'm a firefly!"

    Her grin suddenly becomes much more menacing as the ball starts to grow exponentially.
    Another hobgoblin falls to the ground amidst a blaze of fiery...fireball. Vasani feels a little toasty.

    Next up: Cameron
    avatar
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Speed Racer

    Posts : 287
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-05-23

    Re: Rescue at Rivenroar

    Post  Leopold von Vechtan on Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:48 pm

    Cameron runs to the fray, and opens a small bottle that is tied to his waist. Inside, a small wisp flies out towards the middle of the fight, and disappears beneath the floorboards. At that moment, a creature bursts from the floor, a skeleton made up of animal bones filled with dirt and rocks, and covered in moss, fungus and various other plants. Isn't he cute?

    That's it for my turn!


    _________________
    avatar
    Limbo von Vechtan

    Posts : 52
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-10-07

    Re: Rescue at Rivenroar

    Post  Limbo von Vechtan on Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:02 pm

    The poor man at the bar, despite evading an attack, is absolutely frozen by the hobgoblin before him. He's either had too much or too little to drink...

    Meanwhile, a man on the opposite end of the room grabs the nearest weapon--which happens to be a sizable bottle--and starts to make his way towards the cornered man.

    In the back corner...the gamblers hold their ground. Each man grasps a utensil of choice and watches the brawl warily. Their game wasn't done, and they're not moving, dammit.


    Thud. Thud.

    Next up: Vasani and the start of Round 2
    avatar
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

    Posts : 371
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: Rescue at Rivenroar

    Post  Vasani on Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:23 pm

    Vasani jumps down from the table, atop the hobgoblin she had just struck down, and turns to his comrade. She pouts at him.

    "I wanted to play cards."

    She takes each of her swords and plunges them into the hobgoblin, one after another.


    +8 vs AC

    2d8 assuming I hit.


    _________________
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: Rescue at Rivenroar

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:23 pm

    The member 'Vasani Shepard' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    #1 'd20' :


    --------------------------------

    #2 'd8' :

    #2 Result : 2, 3


    _________________
    avatar
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

    Posts : 371
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: Rescue at Rivenroar

    Post  Vasani on Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:27 pm

    Oh I forgot the roll for the second attack.

    Still +8 vs AC.


    _________________
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: Rescue at Rivenroar

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:27 pm

    The member 'Vasani Shepard' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    'd20' :


    _________________
    avatar
    Limbo von Vechtan

    Posts : 52
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-10-07

    Re: Rescue at Rivenroar

    Post  Limbo von Vechtan on Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:36 pm

    Vasani Shepard wrote:She takes each of her swords and plunges them into the hobgoblin, one after another.
    Though the hobgoblin dodges your first strike, your second blade manages to wipe the smug look of his face. Permanently.

    Meanwhile, at the bar, the hobgoblin tries again to attack the bar patron. Though grazed, he is, remarkably, still standing.

    Just as you were beginning to think the scuffle was nearing its finish, another group of the hobgoblins charges in through the busted front door. One of the brutes, somehow not noticing the growing pile of hobgoblin around her, sees Vasani as easy pickings and attacks. His attack connects! However...the aftereffects of Rennyr's fireball hit both him and Vasani. Vasani is burned, but at least the hobgoblin is taken out.


    Vasani takes a total of 9 damage!

    Seeing the effects of standing next to fire, the two other brutes opt to give the corpse--and, for now, Vasani--a wide birth. One, coming across the skeleton, decides why not and attempts to run it through. But Gus is utterly unfazed by both the sword and the flame licking at his bony legs. He simply cocks his head at the hobgoblin...and stares. The remaining hobgoblin jumps up on the table and observes the fray as he waits for the body of his comrade to stop smoldering, taking the time to shout insults at the brute attacking the summoned skeleton.

    As the brutes clear out of the doorway, you notice a smaller goblin has barged in with this group. To Vasani and Cameron in particular, he seems somehow...disappointing. He is just not as...fabulous as you're used to. After he hops up onto the table, you can tell he is still dangerous--he's got a crude Molotov cocktail. He tosses the flaming bottle with a gleeful cry, sending it behind the bar where it shatters and begins to burn with gusto.


    Next up: Rennyr

    Clerical Error

    Posts : 348
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-10-16

    Re: Rescue at Rivenroar

    Post  Clerical Error on Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:28 pm

    Rennyr flutters onto the shoulder of one of the patrons.

    "Well hey there cutie, don't mind me."

    And then proceeds to lob another fireball.

    "Hope I didn't singe your hair, if I did maybe I can buy you a drink after this."



    Same stats as before

    +4 vs Fort

    Assuming I hit:
    1d10 + 4 and anyone ending their turn adjacent to him gets crispy.
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: Rescue at Rivenroar

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:28 pm

    The member 'Rennyr Viceroy' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    #1 'd20' :


    --------------------------------

    #2 'd10' :

    #2 Result : 2
    avatar
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

    Posts : 371
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: Rescue at Rivenroar

    Post  Vasani on Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:40 pm

    Vasani lets loose a string of curses. There's no mistaking her for anything but a pirate now.

    "Rennyr. Dear. Watch your god damned fireballs."

    She disappears in a wisp of smoke and reappears in a chair at the table in the corner. She eyes the contents of the table before snapping up a stein and downing the contents. "Ah, much better." She kicks up her feet onto the tabletop and surveys the battle. What a clusterfuck.


    Second wind. +5 HP, +2 defenses


    _________________

    Clerical Error

    Posts : 348
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-10-16

    Re: Rescue at Rivenroar

    Post  Clerical Error on Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:49 pm

    Vasani Shepard wrote:Vasani lets loose a string of curses. There's no mistaking her for anything but a pirate now.

    "Rennyr. Dear. Watch your god damned fireballs."

    Second wind. +5 HP, +2 defenses[/color]

    "Sorry! Fireballs can be a bit difficult to control in enclosed spaces!" Rennyr winks at Vasani.

    Mondo nods at Vasani sympathetically, somehow you feel that he has been caught in the fireball crossfire before.
    avatar
    Chance Gardyloo

    Posts : 13
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-10-16

    Re: Rescue at Rivenroar

    Post  Chance Gardyloo on Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:32 pm

    This! This right here is what I'm talking about! Defending the innocent, Defeating the foe! Adventure! Well what are you waiting for? GET IN THERE!

    Chance peeked out from under her table. Screams of agony cut off sharply as one hobgoblins was run thru. The scent of burnt hair and charred meat choked the air. She ducked back under. "No Way. It's a charnel house out there." "This? This is nothing but a minor but glorious skirmish. Now go, your party needs you." "Party? You mean the drunken pirate, they pyro pixie, and the guy that just summoned a freaking skeleton? Good guys don't summon skeletons. Rule Number One of basic storytelling."

    Chance sat back on her heels under the table content to wait out the fight. She heard Nightsoil sigh deeply, then the bastard chomped down on her ear! Granted, toads don't have teeth, so it was more of a gumming than a biting, but still felt like a pair of earthworms were trying to pinch your ear. She stumbled out from her hiding place and into the fray.


    Initiative +0
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: Rescue at Rivenroar

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:32 pm

    The member 'Chance Gardyloo' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    'd20' :

    Sponsored content

    Re: Rescue at Rivenroar

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:45 am