Good luck!


    Welcome to Kevash.

    Share
    avatar
    Craze

    Posts : 141
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2015-03-25

    Re: Welcome to Kevash.

    Post  Craze on Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:01 am

    Xhiero wrote:"That would be a nice addition to my room...but Craze would probably slap me silly." Xhiero mumble under his breath. "How did you come across this...artwork? If you don't mind me asking."

    Xhiero pulled the letter they had received from 'Mr. Boner' earlier in the day and handed to Gideon.

    "I wouldn't have mind." A feminine voice came from an open window nearby. Two hands held onto the bottom frame and pulling herself up was what seemed like a young woman in her early twenties. Craze had a tendency to appear wherever her brother Xhiero was, kinda like a stalker...
    Craze casually walked towards the group, giving a slight nod to her group members. Then she seated herself on top of one of the boxes next to Xhiero.


    Last edited by tragicrose on Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:05 am; edited 3 times in total
    avatar
    DM Audra
    You Are Not Prepared.

    Posts : 254
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-11-06

    Re: Welcome to Kevash.

    Post  DM Audra on Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:01 am

    Gideon jumps at the sudden appearance of yet another stranger in his house and mutters something about needing better locks. However, given her apparent kinship with the others, he lets it slide for now. Gideon takes the envelope from Xhiero and throws the painting a weary, side long glance.

    "If any of you are familiar with magic, I'd appreciate you taking a look at that thing. Something feels very off about it" he says, before focusing his attention on the letter, his brows furrowing the longer he reads. "Well, it seems Lord Tyne wasn't completely lying. We did confiscate the painting from a thief that was trying to break into another estate in the Rose District. Could be just a coincidence, but that painting gives me the creeps, man."
    avatar
    Xhiero/Val

    Posts : 5665
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2015-03-23

    Re: Welcome to Kevash.

    Post  Xhiero/Val on Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:25 am

    "How long have you been following me, sister." Xhiero shot Craze an angry glare. "Must you go wherever I go..." He sighed.

    Xhiero stared at the painting. His eyes begin to glow bright red as he scanned the object to detect if there was any presence of evil.


    (Divine Sense. My paladin senses are tingling)
    avatar
    Craze

    Posts : 141
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2015-03-25

    Re: Welcome to Kevash.

    Post  Craze on Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:33 am

    Craze glances at the painting while Gideon spoke and whispered to Xhiero, "Hmm, old man... you are right brother I don't want you to have a picture of an old man in your room... And I sta-follow you because you are my brother dearest."

    In response to Gideon's request to examine the painting further. She quietly reached into the chest area of her dress and pulled out a pair of spectacles. "Let's see, let's see" she mutter. Carefully she examined the painting.


    History Check: study
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: Welcome to Kevash.

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:33 am

    The member 'tragicrose' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    'd20' :
    avatar
    DM Audra
    You Are Not Prepared.

    Posts : 254
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-11-06

    Re: Welcome to Kevash.

    Post  DM Audra on Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:41 am

    tragicrose wrote:Craze glances at the painting while Gideon spoke and whispered to Xhiero, "Hmm, old man... you are right brother I don't want you to have a picture of an old man in your room... And I sta-follow you because you are my brother dearest."

    In response to Gideon's request to examine the painting further. She quietly reached into the chest area of her dress and pulled out a pair of spectacles. "Let's see, let's see" she mutter. Carefully she examined the painting.


    History Check:  study

    You inch closer to the painting and take in the detailed brush strokes and incredible use of color. Given the painting style you'd have to say that it is well over 300 years old. The gilded golden frame however seems to be a bit newer, but not by much. It must be worth a fortune.



    Xhiero wrote:"How long have you been following me, sister." Xhiero shot Craze an angry glare. "Must you go wherever I go..." He sighed.

    Xhiero stared at the painting. His eyes begin to glow bright red as he scanned the object to detect if there was any presence of evil.


    (Divine Sense. My paladin senses are tingling)

    The amount of evil you sense in this painting is staggering, as your spell reaches out to it you almost feel as if it's clawing at your mind, and you reel back clutching your head.

    Seeing you lose your footing, Gideon guides you back to a sturdy box and sits you down."O-kay, definitely evil." He turns and stares at the painting through narrowed eyes. "What to do with you."
    avatar
    Xhiero/Val

    Posts : 5665
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2015-03-23

    Re: Welcome to Kevash.

    Post  Xhiero/Val on Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:50 am

    Xhiero thanked Gideon when he assisted him to a nearby box. The eyes of the painting still watching them like a hawk. "Well the thieves may be after the pricey frame or the evil powers this painting possesses. Does Lord Tyne have any information he could possibly share about the painting? Or perhaps we could ask the thieves themselves..." Xhiero waited for any other suggestions from his party members.
    avatar
    Limbo von Vechtan

    Posts : 52
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-10-07

    Bitch calm them writin' tits

    Post  Limbo von Vechtan on Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:52 am

    DM Audra wrote:He perks up a little bit. "Yes, I was born there. My father still lives there." He frowns in thought, "My sister was there, but I think she's left. Have you been there?"

    Ameilia smiles. A local, here! She immediately trusted him now that she had established a personal connection. Red Terrace was far from a metropolis. Finding someone from the tight-knit little community put her at ease. She let down her guard, being honest and maybe a little too open with him. "Yes, we actually live there now. My husband and I, that is. He's...this lovely man here, from outside your window." She gave Zieffer a grin. You troublemaker. "Not...the best laid plan. But yes, we...definitely know Vasani. She was in the Scouts with my son Cameron. He's the captain now, in fact, and our Druid's Sentinel..." She winks. "...and husband. Vasani and Tabitha--High Druid and, I believe, your old neighbor--still see each other whenever Vasani wanders her way back to town."

    She clears her throat after realizing they had reached the painting. Woops. I went into gossip mode there. He may well have tuned me out by now. "My apologies."

    To business, then. Ameilia stares directly at the painting. After the others make their investigations she steps forward and holds a steady hand directly against the painting. "I have stared into the face of so much worse," she mutters, very quietly. "Let us see what else this painting has for us."


    Arcana! To find out what sort of evil might have created this painting or is otherwise residing within. If relevant, Ameilia's power source is very much fashioned after Old Gods. She doesn't make it common knowledge, even Zieffar only knows the barest details of the ordeal and its aftermath, but she has stared into the face of something indescribably grotesque and utterly void of logic with her sanity intact.

    Also sorry I write so much so please tell me if I need to calm my tits.
    Arcana: +6


    Last edited by Ameilia del'Mar on Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:55 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

    Posts : 4880
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Re: Welcome to Kevash.

    Post  Dungeon Master Orange on Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:52 am

    The member 'Ameilia del'Mar' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

    'd20' :


    _________________
    avatar
    Susan Evensong

    Posts : 6292
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2015-03-16

    Re: Welcome to Kevash.

    Post  Susan Evensong on Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:42 am

    Susan doesn't know much about this Craze person, but she can already tell that she likes her.
    Having absolutely nothing relevant to add to this conversation she positions herself as far from Amelia as she can without leaving the room, and leans/slumps against the nearest solid object.
    God damn I'm tired..

    Fishing a flask from inside her shirt she takes a swig and stares silently at Gideon.

    Is this man going to put on a shirt at some point?
    avatar
    DM Audra
    You Are Not Prepared.

    Posts : 254
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-11-06

    Re: Welcome to Kevash.

    Post  DM Audra on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:59 pm

    Ameilia del'Mar wrote:Also sorry I write so much so please tell me if I need to calm my tits.

    No, do not calm your tits. Write all the things.

    Ameilia del'Mar wrote:To business, then. Ameilia stares directly at the painting. After the others make their investigations she steps forward and holds a steady hand directly against the painting. "I have stared into the face of so much worse," she mutters, very quietly. "Let us see what else this painting has for us."

    Arcana! To find out what sort of evil might have created this painting or is otherwise residing within. If relevant, Ameilia's power source is very much fashioned after Old Gods. She doesn't make it common knowledge, even Zieffar only knows the barest details of the ordeal and its aftermath, but she has stared into the face of something indescribably grotesque and utterly void of logic with her sanity intact.

    Arcana: +6



    As you touch the painting, you immediately begin to hear unintelligible hissing in your mind. You can't tell if they're directed at you or merely remnants of something the painting has experienced, but you can tell they're nothing pleasant. Channeling your mind into finding the source of such evil, you can sense that necromancy has been at play here. People often forget that necromancy isn't merely playing with the dead, it has great powers in the realm of life as well and you can feel both dark and light energies swirling within the painting. The dark is far more overwhelming than the light, if magic could have feelings you'd say the light energies at play here feels trapped, helpless.


    As you remove your hand Gideon stares at you like you're insane, and possibly in a bit of awe. "So, we're just touching it now are we? After what it did to him?" he waves in Xhiero's direction. He shakes his head. "I'm afraid you won't be able to collect on that reward, friends. I'm not sure how to deal with it, but I'm sure as hell not giving it back." He lets out a long drawn out sigh. "I guess I'm going to have to go talk to Lord Tyne. Man, I hate dealing with the nobles."



    For Xhiero Only:
    You glance around the room as you wait for Ameilia to finish manhandling the painting. You spot a silver medallion sitting on one of the shelves nearby. You feel transfixed by it. Within your mind you hear a faint whisper, but you're unable to make out any words. You walk closer and without even realizing it, you're holding it in your hand and feel compelled to put it over your head and around your neck. As it settles against your chest you can feel warmth radiating from it and into your very being. If you didn't know any better you'd say it felt... pleased?


    Last edited by DM Audra on Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
    avatar
    Susan Evensong

    Posts : 6292
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2015-03-16

    Re: Welcome to Kevash.

    Post  Susan Evensong on Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:16 pm

    "Are you going to put on a shirt before trying to contact him? Not that we really mind..."
    avatar
    DM Audra
    You Are Not Prepared.

    Posts : 254
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-11-06

    Re: Welcome to Kevash.

    Post  DM Audra on Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:29 pm

    Susan Evensong wrote: "Are you going to put on a shirt before trying to contact him? Not that we really mind..."


    Gideon looks down at himself; he seems to have forgotten he was only in his pajama pants. He runs a hand through his hair and chuckles nervously. "If you recall, it was you lot that woke me up. Spouting nonsense about having sex on a dragon." He raises an eyebrow at Susan and stalks off to his room to find a shirt. "I guess there's no hope of getting back to bed at this point."
    avatar
    Susan Evensong

    Posts : 6292
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2015-03-16

    Re: Welcome to Kevash.

    Post  Susan Evensong on Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:05 pm

    "Nonsense?" Susan gasps dramatically holding a hand to her heart. "That was a solid lie! I stand by that lie!"

    "Sure I could have said something more believable, but wasn't this more fun? Also, will you ever be able to sleep again after seeing that much of Zieffar, anyways?"
    avatar
    DM Audra
    You Are Not Prepared.

    Posts : 254
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-11-06

    Re: Welcome to Kevash.

    Post  DM Audra on Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:21 pm

    Susan Evensong wrote: "Nonsense?" Susan gasps dramatically holding a hand to her heart. "That was a solid lie! I stand by that lie!"

    "Sure I could have said something more believable, but wasn't this more fun? Also, will you ever be able to sleep again after seeing that much of Zieffar, anyways?"


    "That was a solid lie? Perhaps we should play cards if that's your idea of a bluff," he grins at Susan. He tosses a glance at Zieffar before shuddering. "I'll certainly have time to play what with the whole never sleeping again thing."
    avatar
    Susan Evensong

    Posts : 6292
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2015-03-16

    Re: Welcome to Kevash.

    Post  Susan Evensong on Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:38 pm

    DM Audra wrote:
    "That was a solid lie? Perhaps we should play cards if that's your idea of a bluff," he grins at Susan. He tosses a glance at Zieffar before shuddering. "I'll certainly have time to play what with the whole never sleeping again thing."[/b]

    "Hey, it's been an off day! Normally I'm an excellent liar, and I'll only play cards if something more interesting than money is on the line. Just think of all of the fun things you can do now that you'll never sleep again! You can really liven up your social life!"
    avatar
    DM Audra
    You Are Not Prepared.

    Posts : 254
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-11-06

    Re: Welcome to Kevash.

    Post  DM Audra on Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:45 pm

    Susan Evensong wrote:
    DM Audra wrote:
    "That was a solid lie? Perhaps we should play cards if that's your idea of a bluff," he grins at Susan. He tosses a glance at Zieffar before shuddering. "I'll certainly have time to play what with the whole never sleeping again thing."[/b]

    "Hey, it's been an off day! Normally I'm an excellent liar, and I'll only play cards if something more interesting than money is on the line. Just think of all of the fun things you can do now that you'll never sleep again! You can really liven up your social life!"


    "More interesting than... oh." He clears his throat. "I'm afraid all that will come from no sleep, is more work." He motions to all the crates and lock boxes around the room. "All filled with contraband needing to be analyzed for risk. There may be no rest for the wicked, but justice doesn't seem to get much sleep either."
    avatar
    Susan Evensong

    Posts : 6292
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2015-03-16

    Re: Welcome to Kevash.

    Post  Susan Evensong on Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:10 pm

    "Yes, secrets, favors, first born children..."

    Susan tilts her head "Oh my, did you think I was referring to something else?"

    Susan winks before also eyeing the various objects around the room.

    "Maybe the wicked and the just would all get along better if they slept more.....Hey, if we were to help you with some of the sorting.... would you let us keep some of the less dangerous items?"

    Her eyes gleam at the thought of finding interesting new toys.


    (A whole page of stuff that amounts to nothing? Very Happy Cassie must be bored!)
    avatar
    DM Audra
    You Are Not Prepared.

    Posts : 254
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-11-06

    Re: Welcome to Kevash.

    Post  DM Audra on Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:17 pm

    Susan Evensong wrote:"Yes, secrets, favors, first born children..."

    Susan tilts her head "Oh my, did you think I was referring to something else?"

    Susan winks before also eyeing the various objects around the room.

    "Maybe the wicked and the just would all get along better if they slept more.....Hey, if we were to help you with some of the sorting.... would you let us keep some of the less dangerous items?"

    Her eyes gleam at the thought of finding interesting new toys.


    (A whole page of stuff that amounts to nothing? Very Happy Cassie must be bored!)


    Gideon isn't sure of he likes the sudden gleam of interest in Susan's eyes. Wearily he responds, "Perhaps once we get this painting nonsense sorted out. But surely you all must have better things to do than do my work for me?"
    avatar
    Susan Evensong

    Posts : 6292
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2015-03-16

    Re: Welcome to Kevash.

    Post  Susan Evensong on Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:26 pm

    "You would think so. But we are standing in your house in the middle of the night. Clearly, life isn't working out that well for us. By the way, why are you the only one sorting all of this? Aren't you a captain of some sort?"
    avatar
    DM Audra
    You Are Not Prepared.

    Posts : 254
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-11-06

    Re: Welcome to Kevash.

    Post  DM Audra on Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:43 pm

    Susan Evensong wrote:"You would think so. But we are standing in your house in the middle of the night. Clearly, life isn't working out that well for us. By the way, why are you the only one sorting all of this? Aren't you a captain of some sort?"


    Gideon runs a hand over his face and sighs. "We come across more contraband than we can handle, given the nature of the city. I bring the more dangerous magical items home to work on in my free time. It's not something I'm willing to delegate to my men, most of them have families to care for."
    avatar
    Susan Evensong

    Posts : 6292
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2015-03-16

    Re: Welcome to Kevash.

    Post  Susan Evensong on Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:46 pm

    "It seems a bit odd for a city to be quite so full of contraband. Do you think there is a particular reason why this one is?"
    avatar
    DM Audra
    You Are Not Prepared.

    Posts : 254
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-11-06

    Re: Welcome to Kevash.

    Post  DM Audra on Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:11 pm

    Susan Evensong wrote:"It seems a bit odd for a city to be quite so full of contraband. Do you think there is a particular reason why this one is?"


    "It's just the nature of the city. With such a large port we get a lot of visitors, not all of them are honest businessmen." He scowls.

    "The Council wants to encourage a 'flourishing trade hub' and so the import laws are somewhat lax. Legally the only thing I can monitor are the items sold in the shops and stalls in the Trade District, not what's on the ships themselves. Needless to say that makes it easier for unwanted things to get in. My hands are tied until they find their way into the city proper."

    He runs a hand through his hair, a nervous tick you assume. "Regardless, my priority is to maintain keep this crap off the streets and away from the good folk that live here. Even if it does clutter up my office." He looks around at the stacks of boxes. "A lot of this has been sitting here for a while, so don't think this is a daily haul or anything. I've been too swamped to deal with it as of late."
    avatar
    Susan Evensong

    Posts : 6292
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2015-03-16

    Re: Welcome to Kevash.

    Post  Susan Evensong on Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:07 pm

    Susan's eyes regain that strange gleam at the phrase 'lax import laws'.
    Evensong Corps will have to do more business here....Even more reason to make nice with the local authorities, I suppose....

    Realizing she has spaced out she clears her throat and continues.

    "And to think, this is only the stuff you actually manage to find. Not to claim that you aren't capable, you did catch our Master Adventurer over there..." Susan casts Zeiffar an annoyed look. "Have you been swamped with anything interesting? Apparently, we are looking for things to do..."


    avatar
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Speed Racer

    Posts : 287
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-05-23

    Re: Welcome to Kevash.

    Post  Leopold von Vechtan on Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:34 pm

    Zieffar stands up, and begins walking out the door. "Gideon, I believe my wife and I are heading back to our rooms. Should you need any assistance from us, please, do not hesitate to come see us. We are adventurer's after all, we are always looking for work. We are currently staying at Knight's Rest Inn; I am sure Zemi could point you in the right direction. Take care."



    _________________

    Sponsored content

    Re: Welcome to Kevash.

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:13 am