Spirit-Chaser Strategy Guide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good luck!

+2
Xhiero/Val
Dungeon Master Orange
6 posters

RP Free for All: Chapter 16

Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

RP Free for All: Chapter 16 - Page 22 Empty Re: RP Free for All: Chapter 16

Post  Xhiero/Val Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:29 am

"Oh no...not story time." Xhiero laid down next to her and looked up at the ceiling. His eyes moving back and forth as if thinking of something that wouldn't bore Azazel.

"There was a time. When Craze and I attended an academy just for the heck of it. In this world, they celebrate a day called Independence Day. On this day fireworks are shot into the night sky as a ritual to remember this day. There is also a lot of drinking involve."

Xhiero rolled over onto his side to look at Azazel.

"We all got really drunk late into the night. One of our classmates...he was quite the pervert. Took a large firework and shot it at the dorms. He blew a hole into the side of Craze's and my room. I was to drunk to be mad at that time, but at least I cared enough to go check my room on the damage. That perv followed me up and gathered all of Craze's panties and left. It was a very awkward night. I don't remember what happened afterward."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:33 am

Azazel laughed at this. "What is it with guys stealing underwear?"

She shook her head, still chuckling. "I have never gone to a school. Was it fun?"
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:40 am

"I don't know...but I would steal underwear to wash them if I see them piling up."

Xhiero blinked at Azazel at the mention of school.

"You lived so long and you never bothered to...try things out? Going to school was fun when you are not in class. I took as much art classes as I could to avoid long lectures." He smiled "Another time, Craze and I pretended to be professors. That was amusing."
    Etheyl Woodwell
    Etheyl Woodwell

Post  Etheyl Woodwell Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:54 am

"Pretty straightforward, actually." But Etheyl's brow furrows. "Though...doesn't that make the attempt to break the bond a violation in itself? Are the others in danger if they do go through with Cyril's plan?"

"You know, on a side note, I ought to let my dad know about all these places opening up. He loves that...uncovered knowledge stuff. He's got a huge spell collection..."

"I actually think that covers a lot of it. It...does seem fairly in line with what I wanted to do anyway," she says with the same tender smile to Lexa. "So I've got the mark conditions down, but I want to make sure you're as okay as you can be with me taking one. In theory, if I do take someone else's, it does not bind more people to you. And like I said...I consider myself along for the journey regardless. No one new is drawn in, and someone gets more freedom to come and go or leave completely. Without the Cyril factor, that seems as good as we'll get until we see this through."

"I guess now, the tricky parts. Is there anything special involved that we need for the transfer? And of course we need to get everyone together to see who wants theirs removed. My gut reaction is Azazel, since she's always had such opposition to someone else's command, but with Xhiero's mark remaining...she may feel obligated to still stay. Though if only one of us is really required to keep the others from getting the backlash, that would be easy enough to manage. They would be free to come and go. Val, Susan, and my Uncle Leo seem to be managing fine enough with the mark."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:55 am

"Can you really see me sitting in a classroom? Doing whatever some teacher tells me to do all day. I would cause nothing but trouble." She pauses and smirks. "Maybe I should go to a school."

"Did you teach art? Perhaps I would not have minded school if you were the professor." She wiggles her eyebrows at him.
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:59 am

"Trust me, I snuck out of class half the time I was there and hung out on the rooftops. Sometimes took a nap in the tree until lunch. I don't even understand why I kept it up when I barely went to classes." He playfully poked her ear to see if she was ticklish.

"Yup. I don't think I would be able to teach anything else. Physical education? Music?" Xhiero laughed at her wiggling eyebrows.

"You troublemaker...trying to seduce your teacher?"
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:05 am

"Stop trying to find sensitive spots." Azazel swats his hand away from her ear.

"And how could I resist my teacher when he is so handsome," she grins broadly at him.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:05 am

[For the time being, as long as the preparation for this bond breaking does not interfere with me following Oghma's orders, it is likely he won't bother with it. However, it is once the process of actively breaking the bond begins that things may get dangerous. I will do my best to make sure most of the backlash from the attempt falls on me instead of them.]

Frowning, Lexa continues to write.

[The transfer process would be easiest at one of my temples, however, it can be done anywhere. It doesn't require much, just a party willing to give up their mark and a second party who is willing to receive it.]
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:07 am

"I think you are sensitive all over at this point." He laughed and pulled his hand away.

"That poor teacher. He wouldn't have a chance to escape your charms. Probably caught his attention on the first day of school."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:21 am

"A side-effect of my conditioning," she mutters with a scowl.

"Charms, hm?" She suddenly laughs as a thought occurs to her. "Oh, gods. If I went to some fancy school I would have to get one of those uniforms. With the tiny skirts." She laughs again.
    Etheyl Woodwell
    Etheyl Woodwell

Post  Etheyl Woodwell Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:21 am

"Well...it wouldn't be rough on you outside of a temple, would it? I imagine it could easily wait until we hit land. Past that...we'll have to find out who would most like to be rid of it. The more I think the more it seems like Azazel should be given the chance. Maybe I'll offer to her first. If we're lucky, that may solve the Cyril danger entirely. Although he'll be back on the hunt for you," Etheyl added with a frown. "I just don't trust him either way."

Etheyl gave a long sigh that turned into a faint laugh at the end. "Now, when to ask, however? I think Azazel and Xhiero are in their room and I'm not sure I want to run the risk of interrupting anything. Maybe I'll at least finish our little project here before I test the water."

Continuing to stitch where she left off, Etheyl continued her work on the garment. She seems to be making quick progress despite her stops and restarts...
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:23 am

Xhiero stared at Azazel for a long time in silence, lost in thought. He suddenly burst out laughing and rolled away from her.

He imagined Azazel in a skirt and cussing at the cursed flap of clothing the entire time she was at school. Or sitting like a man in class.
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:26 am

Azazel smacks Xhiero's shoulder, but continues to grin. "What? Do you think I can not handle it?"
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:34 am

"The classes or the skirt?" He asked trying to calm down from laughing.

"Or charming."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:35 am

"Whatever it is that has sent you into a giggle fit."
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:38 am

"Being charming in a skirt while sitting calmly in a classroom?" He smirk.

"Totally not you, right?"
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:41 am

"No, no, no." She chuckles. "I would be causing havok and seducing my teacher in a skirt. There is no calm."
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:45 am

Lexa nods in silent agreement and returns to her seat. Leaning forward she rests her arms on the table and rests her chin against those. Silently watching Etheyl work, she finds the sound of the sewing machine rather... soothing... and feels her body relaxing and her eyelids starting to grow heavy.

I wonder, if mother and I had different circumstances, would I be watching her like this right now?
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:49 am

"What if you can't seduce your teacher because he is a Mr. Goody two shoes?" Xhiero moved closer to Azazel and kissed her on the cheek. He nuzzles his head against the corner of her shoulder to get comfortable.
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:56 am

"Well, it is a good thing I enjoy a challenge then." She stifles a yawn and shifts closer, her eyelids drooping.
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:02 am

Xhiero heard the gust of air escape her and looked up to see her falling asleep. He smiled and scoots up, sliding an arm under her backside and rolling her into him.

"Go to sleep." He brushed the stray strands of hair from her face and kissed her forehead. Wrapping his arms around Azazel  until she fell asleep.

Xhiero gently untangled himself from Azazel after an hour of failing to sleep. He walked over to the tray and headed to the kitchen to wash the dishes. Once the kitchen was cleaned he climbed onto the crow's nest and pulled out his sketchbook.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:56 am

As Lexa watches Etheyl work, waiting for her to finish her project, or for her to ask her next question, she allows her consciousness to wander.

Noticing that Azazel has fallen asleep, Lexa lingers outside the dream for a moment before slipping inside as politely as one can when invading someone else's dream.

Clearing her throat and looking away to at least give the illusion of privacy, Lexa finally speaks.

"Excuse me, miss Azazel?"
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:22 pm

Lexa finds herself some place very dark and very quiet. Until a sharp crack resounds through the space, followed by a stream of curses in another language. Far off on the other side of the room there are a couple indistinct figures. They all have that fuzzy dream quality to them that obscure all detail, creating odd shadowy humanoid shapes.

All except one.

Azazel dangles from the ceiling, suspended by chains shackled to her arms. The crack echoes through the room again as something is brought down across her back and her body involuntarily jerks forward. She spouts off more curses and threats as she glares daggers at the other figures.

At the sound of her name, Azazel's head whips towards Lexa and confusion furrows her brows. "... Lexa? How are you..." She blinks and the scene wavers.

"Is this a dream?" As she asks the question everything disappears and Azazel falls to the ground with a grunt.

She gets to her feet and the pair now stand in a dull, grey void. "What are you doing here?"
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:53 pm

Lexa frowns as she surveys the area.

"I.... wanted to speak with you." She admits "Normally, I would apologize for interrupting, but I'm not sure you really mind the interruption in this case."

She offers a pained, yet sympathetic smile.

"A memory?"
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:55 pm

Azazel crosses her arms and clenches her jaw. "Yes."

"Was there something you needed?"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 pm