Spirit-Chaser Strategy Guide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good luck!

5 posters

RP Free for All: Chapter 17

Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

RP Free for All: Chapter 17 - Page 3 Empty Re: RP Free for All: Chapter 17

Post  Susan Evensong Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:31 pm

"Oh, Mark, was it? How wonderful!"

Susan steps outside closing the door behind 

She examines the box with interest.

"What is in here Mark? Did you make it? Did you order it, Azazel?"
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:33 pm

Azazel frowns and moves closer. "I did not order anything. Do you know who paid for it?"
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:35 pm

"A customer ordered a cake and the manager asked me to deliver it." Mark said with a smile. He opened the lid up to show Susan a fancy chocolate cake.

RP Free for All: Chapter 17 - Page 3 812487

Mark takes a step back. A bit of fear showing in his face.

"N-no, ma'am. They ordered it anonymously but graciously paid for the order. Please, I am just doing my job."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:38 pm

Azazel looks up at the man in confusion, her gaze flickers over to Susan and back. "I did not even do anything. Why do you look like you are about to run?"

She holds her hands out for the box.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:40 pm

"Layla seemed so fond of our darling delivery man so he is clearly trustworthy." Susan grins cheekily at him, her tone only slightly sarcastic.

"However, enough people have tried to kill me that I never trust mystery food.... Perhaps we should proceed with caution?"
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:47 pm

"I am sorry. You looked quite intimidating." He laughed at Azazel and smiled.

Mark looked at Susan blankly when she mentioned the name.

"Layla?"
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:52 pm

"Beautiful woman, giant tits. She seemed to know exactly who you are, perhaps she is stalking you. If so, congratulations."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:53 pm

"Right." Azazel smirks and wiggles her fingers, waiting to be given the cake. "I will take that off your hands. Unless you need to deliver it to the kitchen?"
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:58 pm

At the terming of Susan's words, Mark blushed. He waved his free hand back and forth.

"No one would be interested in me, especially a beautiful woman. She must have been looking at someone else." Mark smiled

"Ah right. My apologies." He handed Azazel the cake and reached into his pocket to pull out a small booklet.

"If you will please sign this for me to let my boss know that you have received your order."
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:02 am

Susan leans over and whispers to Azazel with grin. "Draw a dick!"

Turning her attention back to Mark, she smirks.

"Awe, don't sell yourself short, I'm sure plenty of women want you to ice their donuts."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:04 am

Azazel nods and takes the cake in one hand, signing her name on the form with the other. "Thank you."

She rolls her eyes at Susan and heads inside, depositing the cake on the counter and staring at it.

"You are poisoned, huh?" she says with a frown.
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:07 am

"Sometimes it is better to be single." He smiled at Susan.

"Thank you very much. Have a nice day." Mark saluted the two women before walking back to town.

Val popped out from behind Azazel and stared at the cake.

"What is that? Do you have a secret admirer?" He dipped a finger into the frosting and puts it into his mouth.

"Too sweet for my taste..." Val made a face and returned to the bar to pour himself a drink.
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:11 am

"I doubt it. I tend to make more enemies than friends," Azazel sighs and shakes her head at Val. "But I do not have the faintest idea who would send me a cake."

"Well, if it is poisoned at least I died by cake." She cuts a slice and plates it, tentatively sniffing it before taking a bite.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:15 am

Susan follows after Mark with a grin.

"Don't have the best manners, do you?" She asks as she catches up.
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:17 am

"What are you rambling on about, sister. I would be dead if it was poisoned." Val laughed as he continue to drink.

"Where did Xhiero go?"

Damn that cake taste really good. Moist and fluffy. Nothing bad about it.

"Excuse me?" Mark looked at Susan confused.

"Did I do something wrong? Please tell me so I do not repeat my mistakes for the next customers." His eyes widen at her.

"Oh! How rude of me. Thank you for helping me get a job! What ever can I do to make up for that."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:21 am

"To get groceries," she answers with a frown.

Turning her attention back to her plate, she stabs at the cake and stuffs a piece into her mouth. "This is pretty good. I wish I knew who sent it."
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:24 am

Val noticed her sudden hidden temper and walked over to her. He quietly sat down next to Azazel and watched her stab at the cake.

"Azi..why are you mad when I mentioned Xhiero. Did something happen? Tell you big brother."

He wrapped his arms around Azazel and starts to nuzzle her head.

RP Free for All: Chapter 17 - Page 3 Tumblr_nczl4zARuV1tcxs2co1_500
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:26 am

"Well first of all..." Susan grabs the front of Mark's shirt and does her best to look intimidating.

"My friends were recently poisoned by a cake, if anything bad happens to them as a result of this one, I will hold you personally responsible, and I will hurt you."

She then lets go and smiles pleasantly.

"However, I am sure that isn't the case, so do forgive my rudeness. If you want to repay my wonderful advice, you should entertain me!"
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:32 am

Azazel groans and pulls away. "I am not mad. I just do not understand. We were talking about my... adventures yesterday and he just walked off without saying anything."

"When I followed him to find out what was wrong he brushed me off." She idly pokes at her cake.

"I do not understand what I did," she repeats, but her stony mask returns. "It does not matter. It is foolish to give in to these sort of emotions anyway."
    Etheyl Woodwell
    Etheyl Woodwell

Post  Etheyl Woodwell Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:34 am

Etheyl's eyes flick to the sandwiches. "Val, mind if I...?"

Assuming there is no protest, Etheyl slides her hand out to grab a sandwich and munches contentedly alongside her milk. Tastes like childhood.

Etheyl listens cautiously to the exchange in the doorway, throwing a glance with narrowing eyes over her shoulder. She didn't get a lot of the conversation, but something about the situation set off some alarm bells in her head. Still, she wasn't about to tackle the poor delivery boy and smash the cake just on a passing suspicion. Everyone else seemed to have their own dose of suspicion anyway, so she'd trust them to handle it for now.

Though noticeably more alert, Etheyl turns back to Lexa's note.

She chuckles. "Always a tough question. But...ahm...I guess the beginning is usually the best place to start." Etheyl stops, tilting her head. "I don't know why it didn't occur to me while I was asking you about it, but the day I celebrate as my birthday could very well not be my 'real' one either.

"I tend to go on about my family a lot, so it wouldn't surprise me if I've mentioned this already, but the couple who raised me definitely are not my birth parents. I'd never fool anyone otherwise--my dad is a gnome and my mom is a dark-skinned, teal-haired eladrin. I doubt I look anything like the combination of those genetics. In any case, I know nothing about my birth parents, and have never cared to dig it up. I don't even know all the details about my adoption, really, because...I don't know, I just don't care. It doesn't matter to me. They are my blood, but not my family. That gnome, and that eladrin? They're my mom and dad.

"I actually got into some fights over it even, as a kid. The other children at the public school, or the teachers, might ask about my 'real parents', and I would argue it round and around that, no, Klumn and Viviana are my real parents. They'd get frustrated and try to convince me that they can't be my real parents. I'd still stand my ground. They'd insist that they couldn't have given birth to me, so they weren't my real parents. I'd stare them down and ask what that has to do with anything. Eventually insults would get exchanged, childish stubbornness turned aggressive, and after so many notes home, mom and dad pulled me out of public school," she said with a small, guilty grin.

"Luckilly they're pretty damn well-learned themselves, so they were able to teach me and raise me well. I don't think they were all that torn up about me leaving school, but they did seem to regret that I lost out on the social aspect. But I still got around, made friends...like I said before, on the boat, I was given a very blessed start in life. I've...never felt the 'absence' of my birth-family at all. I had a family. Blood...didn't determine who that was."
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:38 am

He stared at her even more confused when she let him go. Mark took a step back thinking she was crazy.

"H-how shall I entertain you? I have to get back to the bakery and make more deliveries." His eyes shifted to the house.

"Why don't you head back and enjoy the cake with your friend. Eating is not something fun to do alone, right?"

"Adventures?" He raised an eyebrow before Val finally understood. "Oh that time you were seeking 30 men to entertain you."

Val patted Azazel's head and ruffled her hair.

"As much as you two are like, there are some differences. You are hot tempered and grew up...well with a bad past. Xhiero's probably trying to understand that part of you. He was raised in a good family right?"

Val shrugged.

"I don't know...Xhiero's hard to get to. Even Etheyl was trying to make him more open to us."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:44 am

Azazel grunts. "I am well aware of that. I do not know what to do to make him more comfortable with sharing more of himself."

"I am more than likely reading too much into it anyway." She waves her hand dismissively and slices off another piece of cake, taking a bite.

"You sure you do not want a piece?" She waves her plate in front of Val with a smirk.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:45 am

Lexa smiles and listens to the story with rapt attention, tail swinging idly. When Etheyl finishes, Lexa's smile widens and she writes.

[I am happy that you were able to find such a wonderful family so early in your life, Miss Etheyl.]

"But I don't like sweets, besides, she isn't alone." Susan replies watching him with amusement. "I know, I'll help you with your deliveries!"
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:53 am

Val waved a hand to pass on the treat.

"May be Lexa might like some." He cut out two slices and walked over to the other two at the bar.

"Cake? I am pretty sure it is safe to consume. Otherwise Azi and I would have rolled over dead earlier." Val smiled and passed the plate to them.

He returned to his seat next to Azazel and quietly sipped his drink.

"Why don't you just play truth or dare with him and keep asking for truths."

"No! No it is fine. It is my job after all." Mark waved his hand frantically as he starts to pace faster towards town.

"The boss wouldn't be too fond of a newbie having someone help him with his job right?"

Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:58 am

Lexa accepts the cake with a grin and happily digs in.

"Oh don't worry, he won't even know I'm there. Besides, it must be dull doing all these deliveries on your own." Susan's amusement is growing rapidly as she follows quickly behind him.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:39 pm