Spirit-Chaser Strategy Guide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good luck!

+8
Mia Ophelia DuCour
Craze
Susan Evensong
Limbo von Vechtan
Xhiero/Val
Leopold von Vechtan
Dungeon Master Orange
DM Audra
12 posters

Welcome to Kevash.

Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Welcome to Kevash. - Page 31 Empty Re: Welcome to Kevash.

Post  Xhiero/Val Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:04 pm

Xhiero yawned while waiting for Susan and Leo. They sure were taking their time. The dead man was already removed from the scene. Dullahan had laid down to rest while Xhiero sat leaning against his mount. So bony. Everything must be going fine. There wasn't a hint of combat or argument going from the interior. He pulled his hood over his head and took a nap.
    DM Audra
    DM Audra
    You Are Not Prepared.

Post  DM Audra Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:23 pm

"Oh, by all means give it to the authorities. I'm not sure I would enjoy being locked away in a vault if I were your friend though. The necklace has proven to be a bit... clingy has it not? " He smiles at Susan.

"I doubt the necklace would leave him without a fight. I may be able to assist." Darius leans back in his chair and takes a sip of his wine, watching Susan.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:02 pm

"Oh, I don't know, he seems to enjoy his solitude..."
    Susan chuckles before scooting closer to to Darius.
    "I get the feeling though, that you know more then you are telling me... I would love to hear more. It is all in the name of collaboration, and I don't have the patience to wait for a newsletter...."

Persuasion +7
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:03 pm

Roll
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:03 pm

The member 'Susan Evensong' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    Welcome to Kevash. - Page 31 Forumdice13
    DM Audra
    DM Audra
    You Are Not Prepared.

Post  DM Audra Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:45 pm

Darius sighs. "Very well. But in truth I do not know much more. The necklace is linked to a stone of even greater power. It's believed to have the power of resurrection." He looks down into his now empty glass. When he looks back at Susan she can see his eyes have dimmed, all previous amusement in them gone. "I wish to see if this is true."
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:33 pm

Oh crap, feelings. I'm not equipped to deal with feelings!

Tentatively, Susan places what she hopes is a comforting hand on his shoulder and attempts to smile kindly.

"I take it you are trying to resurrect someone specific. May I ask who?"
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:14 am

Darius initially stiffens as Susan's hand comes to rest on his shoulder, but then relaxes minutely and accepts her offered comfort. "My mentor. Taught me everything I know. He was cut down by a band of zealots, frightened of his mind and power." He downs the remainder of his drink and signals for yet another.
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Speed Racer

Post  Leopold von Vechtan Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:21 am

Leo watches the conversation unfold. Is he genuinely upset over his mentor's passing? The gnome watches him a little closer.

+2 to Insight to.. well. See how genuine he is.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:21 am

The member 'Leopold von Vechtan' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    Welcome to Kevash. - Page 31 Forumdice13
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:41 am

Susan narrows her eyes slightly. A lover was one thing, but hiring goons to potentially kill someone for the sake of reviving an old mentor? That had evil written all over it. However, there was something likable about Darius. If he was evil, he was at least the amusing sort of evil, and Susan never liked to take sides anyways.

"Very well. If I were to help you gain access to this necklace, I would need to extract a vow from you. You nor your mentor can cause harm physical, mental or emotional to me, the current owner of the necklace, or any of our companions. Are you amenable to that?"
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:47 am

Darius perks up a bit at Susan's offer. "I accept your offer, so long as you and yours abide by the same rules." He extends his hand to Susan.

Leo meanwhile is watching this all unfold from the shadows. Keeping an eye on Darius, Leo doesn't see any false hood on his anger at losing his mentorr.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:56 am

"Very well. I don't really wish to cause you harm anyways. By the way, destroying, enslaving, or otherwise abusing either the world, states, or various cities would cause my party members and I SEVERE emotional distress, and is therefore also not allowed. Please keep these very important rules in mind!"

Susan shakes his hand and smiles slightly. She is pretty sure they are all going to regret this, but at least it will be interesting.

"Now, if you'll excuse me a moment..."

Susan stands, turns and casts three Fire Bolts out the nearest window, signaling for Xhiero to enter the building.
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:07 am

Meanwhile outside, Xhiero had grown bored and begin to practice bartending tricks. Suddenly fireballs shot out from the window he was standing next too. Nearly catching his him on fire. "Susan...."

Welcome to Kevash. - Page 31 Tumblr_lvl6xm2rGs1qc7p5do1_500

Xhiero gattered his things and kicked the door open. He walked over to the table Susan was seated in with Darius. "You almost caught me on fire!" Xhiero placed a glass he was mixing outside that was caught by her spell.

Welcome to Kevash. - Page 31 Flaming-cocktail-9354586

He glanced over at Darius. " I am Xhiero. I believe you were the man who has an interest in the medallion?" Xhiero sat down in an open seat with his arm crossed, staring at the man. He didn't feel comfortable being near a necromancer.
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:16 am

Darius grins at Xhiero as he takes a seat. "A pleasure to meet you, Xhiero. I am Darius Graves. I must apologize for the nonsense with the pirates. I was misinformed about their... methods. To business then. Perhaps you can share what it is you know about the necklace and then I can fill in the gaps to make this process a bit smoother."
    Sloan Ye'tovich
    Sloan Ye'tovich

Post  Sloan Ye'tovich Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:32 am

The frown on Xhiero remained at the mention of the attack. He had many bounty hunters sent after him that his trust was not easily gained back with an apology. He retold all the events that had happened to Darius since the night of the stolen painting to present.

"No one seems to be able to handle the medallion except Aiza...but I've made a promise not to bring it back to her. You may be my only other option. I a sure you and Susan already went over negotiations."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:53 am

"Ah, yes. Aiza has very strong shielding magic.. among other things. Well, you know a great deal more than I anticipated. The artifact it is linked to is called the Devaltus Stone. That necklace is key to finding it. I must reiterate Aiza's warning. Do not feed it again. It will keep feeding until it is powerful enough to consume you." The necklace thrums indignantly at Darius' owords, but Xhiero can't feel anything akin to denial.

Darius rises from his seat. "I must go research more about the resting place of the stone and how to utilize the necklace to find it. I will find you at your inn tomorrow."
    Sloan Ye'tovich
    Sloan Ye'tovich

Post  Sloan Ye'tovich Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:08 am

"Devaltus stone...that's new information to me." Xhiero mumbled to himself. He nodded to Darius. "Very well. Have a good evening."

Once Darius was out of the building, Xhiero turned his attention back to Susan. "Drinks are on me. You've done more work then I could've...and it is my own problem"
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:49 am

Susan dramatically places a hand against her chest.
    "Is that a thank you from the dark and mysterious Xhiero? Oh be still my beating heart!"

She offers him a toothy grin before continuing.

"You seem capable enough, I'm sure you would have figured something out. I just helped because I needed a.....distraction. I'll still take those drinks though!"
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:38 am

He pulled out a canister from his side pouch and set out a row of shot glasses. Xhiero unscrewed the lid and started pouring the drinks out in front of Susan.

Welcome to Kevash. - Page 31 1286367800_rainbow-cocktail

"Enjoy. If that is no enough then you can order more from here."

Xhiero slides a few more coins towards Susan before getting up. "I'll head back to the inn unless you need me."
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Speed Racer

Post  Leopold von Vechtan Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:21 pm

Develtus Stone? Goddamn brother of mine.. is that something I ever heard him ramble about..?

The gnome frowns, trying hard remember.

+10 to History for knowledge about magical shit!

(That's a x2 bonus from being a Gnome for history checks regarding magical artifacts, machinery, and alchemy)
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:21 pm

The member 'Leopold von Vechtan' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    Welcome to Kevash. - Page 31 Forumdice5
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:54 pm

Leo thinks and thinks and while he's heard Klumn talk about a lot of magic rocks, he's never heard the name Devaltus.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:30 am

"Okay. I might enjoy his presence a little. Look at these drinks!"

Susan excitedly starts to take a drink of one before remembering that she isn't supposed to be drinking.

"SON OF A BITCH!"

With an annoyed growl she stands up looks at Leo.

"We should head back to the inn. Unless you want me to improve that damned bike for you."
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:38 am

"Don't worry. They are just fruit juice." Xhiero leaned back and whispered too her before exiting the building. He climbed on Dullahan and rode back to the Knight's Rest and seated himself at an empty table. Xhiero did not order anything at the moment an waited for the other's to return.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 1:14 pm