Spirit-Chaser Strategy Guide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good luck!

+3
Xhiero/Val
Azazel
Dungeon Master Orange
7 posters

RP Free for All: Chapter 8

Etheyl Woodwell
    Etheyl Woodwell

RP Free for All: Chapter 8 - Page 36 Empty Re: RP Free for All: Chapter 8

Post  Etheyl Woodwell Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:35 am

Poor thing...what had she been through that Etheyl had missed, before Azazel got this binding mark?

"You've got a whole house full of well-armed people who care and won't let anything get you, sweetheart. In fact..." Etheyl turns to dig in one of the pieces of luggage Crumnley brought ahead of her. She brings back two small objects for Lexa.

"This," she says, holding up a peculiar rock, "is my sending stone. It's connected to some stones that a few others here have. I know at least Azazel should have hers and Crumnley always has his." She hands it to Lexa. "Now normally you have to talk in to it," she continues, producing the second object that had seen a lot of use as a signal in past jobs. "But this is a plain old whistle. If you ever need us, focus on the rock and blow your whistle. Even if you can't speak, everyone with the linked stones should hear and know you need us, and they'll come." Etheyl gives her a soft smile as she drops the whistle into her hand. "Even if it is late."
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:46 am

"Christ woman, what the hell is happening to you?" With a frustrated sigh Susan helps Azazel up.

"We are going to get you to your room. You are going to lay down, and then I am going to find Etheyl, because I have no fucking idea on how to deal with this. Do you have any objections?"

The child accepts the whistle and stone with a strange expression on her face. Soon, the expression is replaced with a small and slightly strained smile, before she pulls out another piece of paper and begins writing again.

[My thanks. I still will not be sleeping this evening. However, if you want to be alone, I can accommodate you.]
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:08 am

Azazel mumbles, "Fine." She gets to her feet and starts making her way to her bedroom.
    Etheyl Woodwell
    Etheyl Woodwell

Post  Etheyl Woodwell Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:09 am

Seeing the girl's strained look, Etheyl's heart drops a little. She had hoped to comfort her, but there was something deeper than night terrors bothering her.

"Dreams...?" Etheyl's voice is low and a little vague, not probing any more than Lexa was willing to reveal. Etheyl knew there were darker, more hidden things out there. She was willfully naive on average, however...almost out of necessity. She was starting to suspect Lexa didn't have that luxury. Maybe Ameilia would have been able to lend her...experience in the matter, were she here.

"In any case, take it easy tonight. Just listen to what your body tells you it needs, alright? Any of us will do what we can to help you through this, so don't hesitate to wake one or all of us up if you need. Crumnley and I, ah...better get some rest while we can."

Hoping she wasn't being too forward for someone met maybe a few hours ago, Etheyl hugs the girl firmly. Standing up, she gently leads Lexa out of the bedroom.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:19 am

Lexa stiffens when she is hugged, not entirely used to the sensation, but she relaxes and smiles up at Etheyl, allowing herself to be led out of the room.

Susan watches Azazel to make sure she actually returns to her room before going off in search of Etheyl. She rounds a corner to conveniently find Etheyl and Lexa loitering in the hallway.

"Ah, Little God, trying to convert people so late in the evening?" She chuckles at the annoyed look the girl levels at her.

"Now, Etheyl, I was looking for you. Azazel appears to... be sick. How the hell do we fix it?"
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:20 am

Xhiero woke up some time later. He looked back under the bed to find Lexa gone.

"Worst baby sitter ever. This is why I don't want kids." He sighed and pushed himself off the ground, heading into the hallway to find Azazel. Xhiero stared at Azazel as she sat on the ground.

"Are you sick and denying rest. You stubborn woman." He knelt down and picked her up, carrying her to her room. Xhiero set Azazel down on her bed and pulled the blanket over her.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:23 am

Crumnley perks up. "What? She's sick?"

He grumbles, and searches his bags. He pulls out a small vial of golden liquid, and walks back over to Susan at the doorway.

"Here. Make her drink it. All of it. It'd usually makes anyone feel better, the remedy should work on demons as well. At least I hope."

The tiefling hands her the vial.

"I really need to finish my preparations. I'll be down in about two hours or so, explain the plan, and we'll set off for the ferry."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:24 am

RP Free for All: Chapter 8 - Page 36 3ef986a440903bd919f473064ee34386

"Let me goooo." Azazel weakly swats at Xhiero as he carries her to her room. "I can not be sick. I have work to do."
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:31 am

Nodding her thanks, she heads back towards Azazel's room, vial in hand. Pausing at the doorway, she notices that Xhiero has finally returned. She stifles a giggle as Azazel weakly argues with Xhiero, then loudly clears her throat to get the pairs attention.

"Crumnley gave me this handy dandy potion, apparently it can cure even a demon... theoretically... if she drinks the whole thing..." Susan grins and waves the vial in the air

With a sigh Lexa slowly heads to her room... perhaps she can read some books.  
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:34 am

Xhiero moved his head closer to Azazel and glared at her.

"Woman, your life does not have to revolve around work. There are days we can give up for relaxing, especially when you are sick. Now shut your mouth and get some rest."

RP Free for All: Chapter 8 - Page 36 Tumblr_inline_nnec4gPqxZ1qc8ajp_500

The reaper sighed when Susan entered with the vial. He moved his face away from Azazel and went to retrieve it.

"I must thank them later, but I still insist upon her getting some rest before we intitate the plan." He walked over to Azazel and lifted her up, holding the vial towards her.

+ 7 intimidation
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:34 am

The member 'Xhiero/Val' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    RP Free for All: Chapter 8 - Page 36 Forumdice15
    Etheyl Woodwell
    Etheyl Woodwell

Post  Etheyl Woodwell Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:34 am

"She gets sick? That's new. Unless she'd hide or something when it happened. Like...an....animal......" Etheyl muses a little bit on the possibility of her joke-turned-revelation. "Demons are weird."

Etheyl looks down the hallway to see Azazel being carried off by Xhiero. "I don't think I'm needed, actually. Nurse Death has her taken care of. She'll probably fight him less. Or...more? I don't know about her sometimes." Etheyl eyes Susan a bit. "On that note, I am feeling like I missed a couple things while I was off doing whatever. See if I leave you girls alone for a few months anymore," she calls down the hallway with a sly grin.

Etheyl slipped back into her room, waggling her eyebrows a bit at Susan for fun before--finally--shutting the door.

She eyes Crumnley next, raising an eyebrow with a weary grin. "Was that....that potion of yours?"
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:38 am

Etheyl hears a muffled.

"Shut up, Etheyl!" As she shuts the door.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:40 am

Crumnley laughs.

"Oh, you know. Sidca's healing elixer."

The tiefling walks backs to his things and checks them over one last time. To finish his ritual, he puts away his dagger, a shortsword, two revolvers, a rifle, various bandages and first aid, and other miscellaneous tools. He sets them aside, and walks closely up to Etheyl; his attitude still serious. He kisses her, and looks her in the eye as if this will be the last time he ever gets a chance. "I love you. You know that, right?"
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:40 am

RP Free for All: Chapter 8 - Page 36 Df1c7b4d263df779401cd9d9394c348e

Azazel frowns and looks away before snatching the potion from Xhiero. She uncorks it and takes a tentative sniff. She looks back at Xhiero with sad eyes before downing the entire thing with a grimace.

Tossing the empty vial onto her bedside table, she falls back into the pillows and stares up at Xhiero. "I am sorry I hit you."
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:42 am

The liquid burns and tastes awful. However, soon you notice yourself blushing and turning red, and feeling slightly sleepier and loose.
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:45 am

Minutes after the 'potion' is imbibed. Azazel's ears and tails slowly start to materialize. She wraps her arms around Xhiero and nuzzles into his neck. "I feel fuzzy."
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:48 am

"Welp... I'm out!"

Susan turns around and darts out of the room as quickly as possible.

"She better not blame me for this when she sobers up..."

She returns to the bar area to grab herself a drink, before she pulls out her remote and starts tinkering again.
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:54 am

"Like your hits would hurt me..." Xhiero blinked as she sprouted her ears and tails. He blushed and looked away.

RP Free for All: Chapter 8 - Page 36 Tumblr_inline_ne6z72y79z1sf4s72

"What was in that vial...did they give you alcohol? What are they thinking." He frowned and tried to let Azazel lay back down onto the bed.

Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:00 am

"Since when is alcohol considered medicine?" Azazel whines and clings to Xhiero as he tries to push her into bed. "Why are you blushing?"
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:00 am

Feeling a bit bored, Susan starts to play with Val's ears.

"Vaaaallll I'm borrreeeeeeed."
    Etheyl Woodwell
    Etheyl Woodwell

Post  Etheyl Woodwell Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:02 am

A self-satisfied grin spreads across Etheyl's face at Susan's retort. Yep. Missed that.

Etheyl chuckles at Crumnley. "Gods he would whine so much." She looks a little wistful. "Wonder where he's stirring shit up these days. Sometimes I really miss that kid." Cocking her head to the side with a grin as she stands up, she repeats herself. "Sometimes."

Etheyl, usually going mostly unarmed, does a quick check of her own smaller set of gear. Fairly casual clothing that allowed free movement, and boots, bracers, and an armband--all capable of carrying a good number of her throwing daggers while still being easily concealable under a cloak or additional layers of clothing...or disguises. After a quick headcount of said daggers, her prep was basically done.

Equally serious, Etheyl returns the kiss. "I love you too. And, yes. I hope you do too. But I won't deny any supporting evidence you may feel the need to offer."
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:05 am

The grumpy tiefling cracks a smile, and begins to undo a few buttons on his wife's shirt. "Well, we do have a couple hours till we leave.."

The door clicks locked.
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:08 am

"It is a side of you I rarely see all mush up in front of my eyes right now. I find it adorable when you are not intimidating. Get some rest, you will need as much as you can get." He grabbed her shoulders and pushed her onto the bed. Xhiero once again pulled the blankets over her shoulder and patted her head.

His eyes stared at her ears as a finger levitated towards it and stroke it before pulling away. Xhiero looked away as if he didn't care about them.

"You are always bored..." Val muttered still keep his face planted to the counter. His hands caressed the surface for his glass of alcohol. Finally a finger tip hits it and his head lifts up to take a sip.
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:13 am

Azazel's ear twitches at the contact and her tails slightly swish happily, but she immediately forces them to still.

She grabs Xhiero's arm and pulls him into the bed, huddling in close. "I hate being sick. And drunk. Both at the same time is first."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:29 pm