Spirit-Chaser Strategy Guide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good luck!

+2
Xhiero/Val
Dungeon Master Orange
6 posters

RP Free for All: Chapter 16

Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

RP Free for All: Chapter 16 - Page 33 Empty Re: RP Free for All: Chapter 16

Post  Xhiero/Val Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:45 am

Xhiero nodded and followed Azazel into the library. He knelt down next to Lexa and placed a hand on her forehead to cast a healing spell on her.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:46 am

A much paler than usual Lexa grins weakly at Etheyl. Grabbing the piece of chalk she used for the magic circle she scrawls on the floor.

[I am fine. It just hurts a great deal.]

As Xhiero casts the healing spell, most of the color begins to return to her face. She looks up at him and smiles gratefully.

"Why would you hide from your nurse like this?! You naughty man!" Susan holds a hand to get forehead dramatically as she searches for him.

Last edited by Susan Evensong on Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:46 am

The member 'Susan Evensong' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    RP Free for All: Chapter 16 - Page 33 Forumdice19
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:51 am

Susan eventually spots Val trying to hide in a corner.

"Found you! Now what do you have to say for yourself?!"
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:58 am

"Nothing?" he crossed his arms and frowned at her.

"When did you become so good at finding hidden people. It doesn't seem fair anymore."  Val pouted and leaned against the wall.

"Shall we head home and get some rest?" Xhiero asked as he picked Lexa up in his arms.
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:02 am

"You guys can go on ahead. I think I am going to stay in town a bit longer." Azazel follows the group towards the door.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:09 am

Lexa nods and doesn't resist being scooped up. She rests her head against his chest, tail hanging limply.

"Sorry for boring you." Susan pouts right back.

"If you would prefer, I can pretend I didn't find you and head into town. The bar I was in earlier had several fights break out, perhaps someone there would like to receive nursing from me."

Still pouting she heads towards the door.
    Etheyl Woodwell
    Etheyl Woodwell

Post  Etheyl Woodwell Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:13 am

Etheyl follows Xhiero as he carries Lexa.

"You tell me if I can do anything to lessen the pain these rituals cause you...now and in the future," Etheyl says as she continues to fuss over the winded girl. "I didn't take the mark just to accompany you on your journeys. I'm sharing in your trials too, if I can, okay? I'll be your aid as much as your bodyguard."

Etheyl continues giving Lexa the same earnest, worried look. "You don't have to carry this all alone. Not anymore. Damn, girl, you've done that long enough," she says gently. "You're so strong, but you can trust us to help carry the load. I know that's hard...believe me. Just...know mark or no mark I know that all of us, the whole group, care about your well-being at least a little bit. I'll worry more that you're hiding your pain than I would if you told me."

"I...apologize for having to lecture you," she said sheepishly. She turns to Xhiero. "Thanks for offering to come. I'm glad you were here for her."

Spontaneously her emotions all combust. She darts to Xhiero, then Azazel, and finally Lexa, giving them each a hug. "Well, there's that out of my system," she says, turning pink. "Must be coming on that part of the cycle."

Having cleared her emotional storage, Etheyl looks a bit more like her perkier self. A little bit of a lingering tingle reminds her of the whole point of the outburst. She takes to intently inspecting her mark.
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:20 am

Xhiero nodded to Azazel.

"Be careful..." He pecked her on the cheek and headed towards the exit of the library but freezes from Etheyl's hug. A shiver ran up his spine. Human contact.... He shook his head and continued home.

"You are not going anywhere outside this house dress like that!" He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her back towards the room.

"Fine, I'll stay and bed like the good little fox you want me to be." Val plopped down on the bed and stared at her.
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:26 am

"I am always careful," Azazel replies with a smirk. She grumbles slightly at the hug, but wraps an arm around Etheyl and pats her on the back, used to this sort of thing from her. "Yeah, yeah."

She parts from the group and heads deeper into town, grinning down at her now bare hand. Picking the shadiest bar she can find, she wanders up to the bar and orders a chocolate milk before turning around to survey the other patrons, her grin turning more predatory. So many potential opponents around here.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:28 am

Lexa shakes her head and pulls out a piece of paper and begins writing.

[I Do not wish to cause others suffering. If I can spare them by taking on extra pain, I will do so.]

"You were the one that was acting sleepy!" Susan protests, but is still slightly smug over her victory.

"If you do not wish to sleep, what would you like to do?"
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:35 am

"I don't know." Val ran a hand through his hair and watched as they dropped from between his fingers. It felt lighter then before.

"What would you like to do, nurse? Continue to wrap me up?"

Xhiero stopped at the bottom steps of the library and looked around.

"Do you think we still have time to go to the bookstore?" He turned to look at Etheyl.
    Etheyl Woodwell
    Etheyl Woodwell

Post  Etheyl Woodwell Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:42 am

Etheyl giggled softly at Xhiero's reaction. It had been an impulse but even then she expected that response.

She called after him at as respectful a volume she could manage. Libraries, you know. "Careful, I may convert you yet. Little Lexa seems used to it now, and I swear I think I've caught Susan giving a hug or two these days!"

She frowns at Lexa's response. "You've got such a good heart," she replies softly. "But been through so much. It's not suffering, not if I know I'm helping even out another's pain. Just...rest easy tonight. You're among friends."

At Xhiero's question, Etheyl looks up. "I think it's starting to get a bit later. But you know, I don't think this city exactly turns in early. I'm sure we could find plenty of space for a stop."

She suddenly stops following. She looks back at the library, apparently remembering something. Hm.

"Lame to do this right after taking her mark, but...I'm going to actually head back to the library for a few minutes, with your permission. Will you be alright carrying her? I shouldn't be long, and I can catch up if you're still about." She cocked her head curiously, mildly surprised at herself. "Maybe clean up our artwork while I'm at it."

She waits for Xhiero's response, and if he has no objection, turns around and after a concerned look back at Lexa, walks further back into the library. She looks lost for a moment before heading towards a more isolated section of books.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:46 am

"Personally, I prefer unwrapping you." Susan wags her eyebrows and laughs. "Although I suppose that would be counterproductive."

Leaning closer to him she gently kisses his neck.

"Well, you poor injured creature. Would you like me to kiss each and every one of these injuries better, or should I make you something to eat?"

Lexa waves at Etheyl as she departs and looks up at Xhiero curiously, wondering what exactly he wants to get at the store.
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:53 am

"I will be fine. Meet you at the bookstore." He said as he walked towards the direction of the bookstore, luckily to find it was still open. Xhiero entered through the door as the bell chimed. The owner seems surprised that there would be a customer this late but seeing Lexa he smiled and greeted them.

"Let see...what kind of books do you like to read. It is about time we get you more. Just point the way you want to go."

"All those options sound nice." Val smirked at Susan. "I wouldn't mind anything you do to me especially when you are wearing that. But kissing each and every injury on me seems tedious."
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:59 am

Lexa blinks, surprised that they made this detour for her. With a shy smile she points at the historical and religious texts.

"Oh? Then is there any area in particular that you'd like me to kIss?" Susan asks scooting closer to him with a smirk of her own.
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:09 am

Xhiero walks towards the direction that Lexa pointed to and stood close to the shelves so she could pick her fill of books.

"Get as many as you want. I don't know when the next time we come here will be." He gaze out one of the windows to check the sky.

"Do you still have clothes to wear back at the manor?"

Val thinks for a moment. He points to his lips with a smirk.

Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:17 am

Lexa picks out several historical and religious texts, as well as a medical textbook and an artbook with some particularly pretty illustrations.

At Xhiero's question, Lexa nods and pulls out her notebook to write.

[Miss Azazel bought me a few things the last time we were in town, and Miss Etheyl made me a dress! I can wash those.]

Laughing, Susan grabs the front of Val's shirt and kisses him soundly. Pulling away she smirks at him.
    "Feel better yet?"
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:31 am

"If you need more clothes, don't be afraid to ask." Xhiero set Lexa down and took the books from her arms. He made another round around the store before returning to the counter to pay. Xhiero placed the books away into his bag and lifted Lexa over his shoulders.

"We were done here sooner then I thought...Should tell Etheyl to meet us back at home." He pulled out the sending stone and sent her the message. Instead of walking back to Azazel's house he makes a quick trip to the hidden candy store and bought some cotton candy. Handing the stick of sweet to Lexa.

"Now we go home..." Xhiero said as he made the trek back to the house.

"Nope." Val smiled and pulled her back for another kiss. He gently bit her bottom lip before letting go.

"Nurse, it is getting a little hot. Do you think I have a fever?"
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:01 am

Lexa nervously tries the cotton candy, tail twitching happily at the flavor. As she finishes the snack , and they continue walking, Lexa falls asleep on her perch, holding on tightly to Xhiero's shirt.

Susan blushes deeply at the kiss.

"Oh dear, you are burning up! Perhaps you should take off some clothing to regulate your body temperature."
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:14 pm

"Oh dear! Won't you help me removemy clothes, nurse? I feel dizzy, it is a little hard to do so." Valsaid as hr fumbled with his shirt.

Xhiero tucked Lexa into bed when they got home. He neatly added the books to the shelves, sneaking in some chuldren's book he had picked up. He left a chalk board on her table before pulling a chair next to the bed and keeping watch.
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:40 pm

Azazel is surrounded by sailors and pirates, both unconscious and conscious. She's winding up to throw another punch, her fists (and the rest of her) already bloodied and bruised, when the bar suddenly goes quiet.

Turning in confusion, she looks around to see what could have stopped the fight when her eyes land on a figure in the door. She smirks. "Gideon."

"Azazel. Come with me, please."

"Since when do you care about a bar fight in the docks?"

"Since even the pirates call to complain," he breaks his no-nonsense stance to sigh and rub a hand over his face. "Will you come quietly for once?"

Azazel sends a withering glare at the other bar patrons. "Cowards." She stomps over to Gideon, who takes her by the arm and hauls her out of the bar.

"What was all that about?" he asks as he leads her away from the docks and towards the barracks.

"I was celebrating."

"That's a weird way to celebrate."

"You are not the first to tell me that."

Upon reaching the barracks, Gideon leads Azazel into a cell and she laughs as he shuts the door. "You know I can just teleport out of this."

For the first time that evening, Gideon cracks a smile. "Not this one. We upgraded. Is there someone that can come get you?"

At his words Azazel promptly tries to teleport out, but is only able to go as far as the bars. With a growl she leans against the wall and glares at the captain. "My brother."

Gideon nods and turns to leave before glancing back. "Do you need a healer?"

Azazel's tongue flicks out to lick away some blood from her lip. "No, I will be fine."

Shaking his head, Gideon walks away.

Back in the manor, Val's sending stone begins to vibrate.

Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:47 pm

Susan is in the middle of unbuttoning Val's shirt when she notices the sending stone.

"It seems you have a call...."
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:47 pm

Val felt his stone vibrate and reached out to grab it. He cleared his throat before answering it.

"Hello?" Most of it was clouded in static. "Hello?"
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:50 pm

A loud automated message pours out of the stone.

"You have been requested to pick up 'Why do I need to say my name, who else would be calling him to bail them out of jail?' from the Kevash Sentinel's Barracks. Please arrive at your earliest convenience. See the officer on duty for details about their release. Thank you."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:17 am