Spirit-Chaser Strategy Guide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good luck!

5 posters

RP Free for All: Chapter 17

Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

RP Free for All: Chapter 17 - Page 4 Empty Re: RP Free for All: Chapter 17

Post  Azazel Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:58 am

"He would have to be choosing truths," she points out. "And what do I ask? 'Tell me your deepest, darkest secret'?" She snorts a laugh and rolls her eyes.

"I can not force him to tell me anything."
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:01 am

"Please, miss. I do insist you leave me alone." Mark frowned as he continue to walk fast once in town.

"I am starting to doubt you were warning me from other woman. You are much more like the women you described. I am sorry but I am not interested in you."

"I bet he would tell you if you asked." Val filled his glass back up and took another drink.

"The things people will do for their loved ones. Probably hides his feelings so he wouldn't hurt you...I guess that does the opposite."
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:07 am

"Oh you think I'm beautiful with huge breasts?" Susan jokes thinking back on her previous description of Layla.

"Fear not, I am merely bored. However, if you tell me who you really are, then perhaps I'll get bored with you as well..."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:07 am

"I suppose." Azazel sighs and finishes off her second piece, eyeing the cake and thinking about a third.

"Enough talk about me. How are things with you? I feel we have not talked beyond you scolding me outside the barracks."
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:12 am

"No. Right now I am starting to think you are a mad woman!" Mark begin to pace around the two in circles hoping to get ride of Susan. They walked closer towards the docks when the sound of gun shots rang through the air.

Mark froze and looked around to find out where the sound was coming from.

"My gods! Was that gunshots? I should go warn the officers." He starts running towards the barracks.

"Well you know that Susan and I went on vacation. It was pretty pleasant. She drank a lot of course..Wine everywhere." Val rolled his eyes.

"I got distracted as we were heading home and...got stuck behind." He laughed nervously.

"The stone decided to stop working so I asked around for some help and ended up in a very shady place. Bumped into a group of demon hunters and they chased me down trying to kill me. Fun times. Escaped with some scratches and a new hair cut."
    Etheyl Woodwell
    Etheyl Woodwell

Post  Etheyl Woodwell Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:13 am

Etheyl smirks. "You know, a lot of people seem to complain that I do that."

Etheyl can't help but laugh at Val's reassurance. "Pretty sure, huh? I dunno, maybe you fox-folk have some...resistance to cake-poison." Still, with a shrug she takes the offered plate. "Thanks for the share of mystery cake."

She turns to Lexa, nodding at her note. "Me too. I know not nearly everyone gets that sort of chance. I try to make it count. Not take it for granted."

Etheyl then turns her gaze yet again, addressing Azazel. "I've had a bit of experience myself with stubborn men," she says with a little smile. "Crumnley really doesn't talk about himself--his feelings, his past--if he can help it. You might have noticed." She takes a thoughtful bite of cake. Not bad for poison.

"No one opens up all at once. Except maybe me," she says with a self-depreciating chuckle. "And then I won't shut up. Sometimes, with these stubborn folk, one of the things that helps is just...time. It might start with an offhand comment at first, where you notice they let something slip. You can try to ask a little follow up, and see if you can widen that little crack. There's a good chance he might lock up even tighter, of course," she says with a sigh. "But there's also a chance you could start a conversation. Learn more. I think it helps when both parties are open too," she ventures, giving Azazel a meaningful look. "When someone else tells you about themselves, offers a little personal anecdote...you tend to relax and let down your own guard a little."

Etheyl sits back with a giggle. "Probably how I got you and Susan those 'feelings'. I'd never shut up..."
    Etheyl Woodwell
    Etheyl Woodwell

Post  Etheyl Woodwell Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:18 am

Etheyl shook her head at Val's comment about being hunted. "I may get some more information about that from you sometime. I'll put Cameron and Tabitha on their scent...maybe they can shut them down. They say they're meant to protect you as well as us 'normal' folk."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:18 am

"I was going to ask about that," Azazel flicks at Val's shorter hair.

She scowls at the mention of demon hunters. "I wish I had been there to help you take care of such scum, but I am glad you are okay."

She looks over at Etheyl with a frown. "I suppose, but I do not wish to pry. I know what it is like to want to leave the past where it lies."
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:23 am

"I'll keep that in mind. Thank you." Val said with a smile to Etheyl. "But if those two are to busy I can fend for myself."

Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:24 am

Susan follows behind Mark, fairly certain Val would scold her if she got shot.

"You didn't meet with a bunch of ruffians in a bar recently, did you?"

Lexa listens to the adults talk with mild confusion. Oghma had never really bothered with telling her about love or relationships, it wasn't as if she was likely to experience them first hand. Besides, that sort of thing was probably different for Gods. 

Seems complicated... She muses.
    Etheyl Woodwell
    Etheyl Woodwell

Post  Etheyl Woodwell Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:25 am

Etheyl nods with understanding. Even she never pried much into Azazel's history.

"I do think there is something to be said about catharsis. Both of you obviously carry a lot of your past with you, whether you...throw it about or drag it behind you. And its painful to talk about. But especially when we're talking about loving someone else...there is something freeing about mutually sharing your pain, hard as it is to even think of at first. You are both worried about dumping your pasts on each other so much that it piles on, where really, if anyone is to understand your pain...it would be him."
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:27 am

"Well I don't know what I was doing half the time I am in a bar. Drunk people are not the most functional of people." He frowned when Susan followed him. "Look only one of us needs to report to the officers. You go get them and I will find out what is going on."

Mark points to the barracks before he turned around and ran towards the sound of gunshots that were still being fired.
    Etheyl Woodwell
    Etheyl Woodwell

Post  Etheyl Woodwell Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:28 am

"Oh those two? They're always busy," she says with a laugh. "I think they welcome a change of pace, though, and they never hesitate to help when it gets personal. Hopefully those hunters aren't still tracking you and it's not an issue, but I still doubt its good to have them running amuck and hurting other demons."

Etheyl waves her hands. "Balance and all that."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:33 am

Azazel nods, but says nothing as she stares off in thought.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:34 am

Lexa frowns and walks over to Val. Hugging him, she casts cure wounds and then backs away.

Rolling her eyes, Susan informs the guards at the barracks of the gunshots and then teleports in there general direction. Hiding behind something, she looks for their source.

+5
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:34 am

The member 'Susan Evensong' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    RP Free for All: Chapter 17 - Page 4 Forumdice6
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:40 am

"Thanks kiddo. You didn't have to worry about these scratches." Val smiled and ruffled her hair.

"Yup, druid things I will never understand." Val tapped his fingers against the counter as he eyed the door.

"Why is it taking Susan so long to come back in." He pushed himself off of his seat and opened the front door to find no one outside. Val growled and walked back in.

"No Val. You can't take a walk by yourself. Then she goes off on her own."

He grabbed his swords and stomps out the door towards the forest.

Susan doesn't seem to be very well hidden, but no one seems to care. Majority of people are screaming and running for cover. It is hard to tell what is happening. A stray bullet nearly hit her in the face but luckily missed.

There is no sign of were the gunner is or what he is targeting in the crowd.
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:42 am

"Wait up!" Azazel snatches her axe and follows after Val. "We are not very good at keeping track of our significant others."
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:45 am

Val laughed as Azazel catches up to him.

"Well your significant other clearly said he was going to stock up your kitchen. Mine on the other hand up and left." He gave Azazel a smug look.

"Oh are you and Xhiero going to have a nice long talk when you find him? Dig up his dirty secrets?"
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:46 am

"God fucking dammit, why am I even doing this again?" With an annoyed growl Susan looks once again for the gunman.

+5

Lexa watches the departing pair and points at them, looking at Etheyl questioningly.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:46 am

The member 'Susan Evensong' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    RP Free for All: Chapter 17 - Page 4 Forumdice15
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:49 am

Azazel stares at Val and sticks her tongue out. "Why do you look smug about your girlfriend running off? I do not think that is something to be smug about, dear brother," she points out and ignores his question.
    Etheyl Woodwell
    Etheyl Woodwell

Post  Etheyl Woodwell Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:49 am

Etheyl calls after the siblings. "Oy! Call if you need backup, alright?!"

Now alone in the house again, Etheyl turns to Lexa and shrugs. "Wanna just go after them?"
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:51 am

Lexa grins and nods her head so rapidly that she looks like a bobblehead doll.
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:54 am

Following the direction of the bullets, Susan manage to trace it upward towards the roof of a nearby building. There is figure with a rifle. Dark hair tied into a high ponytail and a scarf covering the bottom half of his face.

He takes aim again after reloading his weapon. The shot hits someone. His gun moves towards Susan's direction. A figure jumped over Susan's hiding place and noticed her.

"Susan what the hell are you doing here! Get aw-" He was cut off as the second bullet pieced through his chest and the body falls down limp next to her.

"I was being smug about you and Xhiero not about Susan running off." He swats at her.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:42 pm