Spirit-Chaser Strategy Guide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good luck!

+2
Vasani
Dungeon Master Orange
6 posters

The Main Campaign!

Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

The Main Campaign! - Page 16 Empty Re: The Main Campaign!

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:29 pm

Dungeon Master Orange wrote:
    It is now.. METAH'S TURN!

I will continue on!

The manifestation's gaze turns towards Tabitha, and strikes! The monstrosity bites down on her for 15 DAMAGE, but fails to POISON her!

Panzer, who is unarmed, grabs the nearest object at his disposal; which in this situation, happens to be a feast table. With all his might, he tosses the table on top of the beast, which causes it to let go of Tabitha. As the high druid drags Tabby out of REACH of the massive snake, Panzer leaps on to the table and pins down the serpent, completely immobilizing it!

"Gideon! Throw me your side arm!"

Gideon, who is already armed with a rifle, tosses his short sword to Panzer.

The Main Campaign! - Page 16 Red_te29

It is now.. METAH'S TURN!

Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:55 pm

"Oh my goodness, that is a biiig snake."
    Normally Metah loves all creatures big and small, but this snake seems unwilling to make friends. Besides, snakes are kind of like the slither little criminals of the animal worlds. Them, and racoons, only Metah should be allowed to wear a mask every day.

Guarded Attack
    +7 vs AC

If I actually hit for once the roll is 2d4+3 I'm just gonna roll it now. If I miss, ignore it.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:55 pm

The member 'Metah Fore' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

#1 'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 16 Forumdice18

--------------------------------

#2 'd4' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 16 Forumdiced4
    #2 Result : 4

#3 'd4' :
    #3 Result : 3
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:01 pm

Dungeon wrote:The member 'Metah Fore' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

#1 'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 16 Forumdice18

#2 'd4' :
    #2 Result : 4

#3 'd4' :
    #3 Result : 3

Go ahead and roll sneak attack damage as well! For you have COMBAT ADVANTAGE due to it being immobilized.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:16 pm

Here. I can just roll it.

+2d8!
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:16 pm

The member 'Dungeon Master Orange' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd8' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 16 Forumdiced8
    Result : 3, 8
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:25 pm

Metah Fore wrote:"Oh my goodness, that is a biiig snake."
    Normally Metah loves all creatures big and small, but this snake seems unwilling to make friends. Besides, snakes are kind of like the slither little criminals of the animal worlds. Them, and racoons, only Metah should be allowed to wear a mask every day.

Guarded Attack
    +7 vs AC

If I actually hit for once the roll is 2d4+3 I'm just gonna roll it now. If I miss, ignore it.

Stab stab! Your blade deals a whopping 21 DAMAGE to the monster! However, it RETALIATES when attacked, with a tail swipe that deals 12 damage!

The Main Campaign! - Page 16 Red_te30

It is now.. PHEDRE'S TURN!
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:59 pm

Immediate Interrupt:
    +7 vs AC
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:59 pm

The member 'Metah Fore' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 16 Forumdice3
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:10 pm

Dungeon wrote:The member 'Metah Fore' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 16 Forumdice3

Sadly, it misses! Sad
    Phedre nicEssus
    Phedre nicEssus
    Group Physician

Post  Phedre nicEssus Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:57 pm

Phedre watched in stunned silence as the great snake grabbed Tabby and flung her about. The druid dragged her away but her movements were feeble as she struggled to catch her breath. Even as her mind was babbling about how this can't be happening, not here, her body was already moving. Dodging around pews and skirting around the snake. Luck was with her, just a few great strides and she could see was Tabby still conscious.

Knack for Success: Minor, target (me) shifts up to 2 squares as a free action.

Hang on Tabby, I'm here.

Aid the Injured: Standard, target (Tabitha) can spend a healing surge.

ACTION POINT

Seeing Tabby revive a little at her words, Phedre looked up to see where the others were only to stare face to face with the blood serpent. Swift as thought and surging with adrenaline, Phedre sweeps her sword into the snake.

Bastion of Defense: Standard, +9 vs. AC 3d8 +5 damage. Each Ally within 5 squares gains +1 power bonus to ALL defenses until end of ENCOUNTER. Pretty cool, huh? AND each ally within 5 squares ALSO gains 8 temporary hit points. Daily power for the win!!

whoops forgot my picture:

The Main Campaign! - Page 16 BossFight

Last edited by Phedre nicEssus on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:57 pm

The member 'Phedre nicEssus' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

#1 'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 16 Forumdice9

#2 'd8' :
    #2 Result : 5, 8, 8
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:19 pm

Phedre nicEssus wrote:Phedre watched in stunned silence as the great snake grabbed Tabby and flung her about. The druid dragged her away but her movements were feeble as she struggled to catch her breath. Even as her mind was babbling about how this can't be happening, not here, her body was already moving. Dodging around pews and skirting around the snake. Luck was with her, just a few great strides and she could see was Tabby still conscious.

Knack for Success: Minor, target (me) shifts up to 2 squares as a free action.

Hang on Tabby, I'm here.

Aid the Injured: Standard, target (Tabitha) can spend a healing surge.

ACTION POINT

Seeing Tabby revive a little at her words, Phedre looked up to see where the others were only to stare face to face with the blood serpent. Swift as thought and surging with adrenaline, Phedre sweeps her sword into the snake.

Bastion of Defense: Standard, +9 vs. AC 3d8 +5 damage. Each Ally within 5 squares gains +1 power bonus to ALL defenses until end of ENCOUNTER. Pretty cool, huh? AND each ally within 5 squares ALSO gains 8 temporary hit points. Daily power for the win!!

whoops forgot my picture:

The Main Campaign! - Page 16 BossFight

Slash! You cut clean through the monster, dealing a powerful 26 DAMAGE! The serpent's head lands beside you, however it begins to form a new head! Worse yet, the decapitated part of the snake manifests in to two smaller blood serpents!

Coming to Phedre's defense, Cameron hops tables and charges the nearest blood serpent, and, if everything goes well, blows an action point to charge the second one!

The Main Campaign! - Page 16 Red_te31

Two melee basic attacks from the charge..

+11 vs AC, 1d8+9 damage. Just barely enough to finish them off if I hit.

First d20 is for first serpent, second is for the second.

Last edited by Dungeon Master Orange on Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:19 pm

The member 'Dungeon Master Orange' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

#1 'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 16 Forumdice17 The Main Campaign! - Page 16 Forumdice20

#2 'd8' :
    #2 Result : 5
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:22 pm

Dungeon wrote:The member 'Dungeon Master Orange' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

#1 'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 16 Forumdice17 The Main Campaign! - Page 16 Forumdice20

#2 'd8' :
    #2 Result : 5

Oh. They dead.

You have been awarded 50 exp!

The Main Campaign! - Page 16 Red_te32

It is now.. VASANI'S TURN!
    Vasani
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

Post  Vasani Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:39 pm

Taking advantage of the excellent distractions that her comrades have made of themselves, Vasani charges up behind the snake and punches it... Where do you punch a snake? Ah, well. She just punches it.

+9 vs AC
    d8 +4

I also get +2 AC till the end of my next turn.

Last edited by Vasani Shepard on Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:39 pm

The member 'Vasani Shepard' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

#1 'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 16 Forumdice7

#2 'd8' :
    #2 Result : 7
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:18 pm

Posted, today, from work!
    With a final left hook to the imaginary jaw, Vasani defeats the serpent! The beast slams to the ground, and disintegrates. Soon, all the demon blood vanishes from the abbey! However, the townsfolk remain under Jasper's control.

After picking yourselves up, you head outside to aid Annie.

"Whatever the Untamed has done to us has also taken hold of our ravens; they are not responding to my war horn.
    Mah Kahn, bless the horn. Not even demon magic can prevail against the will of the Maiden."

High Druid Kahn places both of his hands on the horn, exerting all of his strength. The horn begins to shine with bright green runes written across the surface.

Annie takes the horn, and tries it one last time.

A deep howl sings from the horn; it reverberates through the air and throughout your body. The sound is so intense you are almost knocked off your feet. Even the falling snow freezes mid-air, as if time itself had stopped turning..
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:30 pm

The silence breaks. Hundreds of crows take to the skies in the blink of an eye, clawing and pecking the giant demon snake. The blur takes this moment to escape, seeing that Jasper is too busy fighting for his life to worry about him anymore.

You watch in awe as the hundreds of crows cause the snake to panic; Jasper understands that he is in a bad situation, that he has no way to fight back.

The demon snake accepts the fate of Red Terrace. In a final act of defiance, his head turns steadily towards the abbey's bell tower; his bright green eyes reflect off the Mother's Bell..

The Main Campaign! - Page 16 Jasper12

The Main Campaign! - Page 16 Jasper14

The Untamed lunges forward, and devours the bell tower whole!

Before your party can react, the snake retreats at incredible speeds. It only takes a moment before the snake himself, as well as the blood he shed disappears, but the destruction he caused in Red Terrace is very much apparent.

QUEST COMPLETED! You have been awarded 125 EXP!

The townsfolk begin to wake up. Many of the other Red Talons surround your party, in awe of your bravery and skill. You take it in for a moment, feeling good about yourself. Yeah, I just helped scare off the legendary Untamed away from Red Terrace. However, you soon notice how distraught Mah Kahn appears. Perhaps you should speak to him?
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:48 pm

Tabitha frowns at the Abbey's newly-destroyed bell tower. There was probably something more to this...the Untamed didn't strike her as the petty vandalism type. Mah Kahn's distress was unsettling her even more, and if she had to guess, it had something to do with the devoured bell.
    Nervously, she goes to talk to him. "Mah Kahn...the bell...why would he eat the Abbey's bell? He seemed pretty intent on taking it out before he...fled. And...that white light...?" She pauses, then remembers pulling him out of the demonic mass only minutes before, and gets flustered. "I'm sorry...I didn't even ask...are you alright?"
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:05 pm

Tabitha Oakenfleur wrote:Tabitha frowns at the Abbey's newly-destroyed bell tower. There was probably something more to this...the Untamed didn't strike her as the petty vandalism type. Mah Kahn's distress was unsettling her even more, and if she had to guess, it had something to do with the devoured bell.
    Nervously, she goes to talk to him. "Mah Kahn...the bell...why would he eat the Abbey's bell? He seemed pretty intent on taking it out before he...fled. And...that white light...?" She pauses, then remembers pulling him out of the demonic mass only minutes before, and gets flustered. "I'm sorry...I didn't even ask...are you alright?"

High Druid Kahn nods. "Jasper is a clever beast. His actions tonight were long thought out before he arrived this evening. His motivations are unknown to me, it goes far beyond my understanding of the demon; But the fact he struck the evening of our festival is no coincidence.

"Without the Mother's Bell, in a month's time, the Grandfather Redwood will die."
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:06 pm

....Wat.
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:03 am

"Grandfather Redwood will die? I don't want him to die!!!!!" Metah wails

The Main Campaign! - Page 16 RHR5A

"Can we... build a new bell?"
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:48 am

Tabitha Oakenfleur wrote:....Wat.

Metah Fore wrote:"Grandfather Redwood will die? I don't want him to die!!!!!" Metah wails

The Main Campaign! - Page 16 RHR5A

"Can we... build a new bell?"

Mah Kahn looks toward his fellow High Druids, who are standing near the abbey gazing at the broken bell tower. "The bell that once stood at the top of that tower was as old as the Grandfather Redwood himself; it was sacred, and irreplaceable. You see, without the Mother's Bell, we cannot perform the blessings involved with the festival tomorrow morning. Without our blessings, the Grandfather Redwood, the tree that Red Terrace rests on, will perish within a month's time."

Annie butts in to the conversation. "Than we have no choice. We must get that bell back, one way or another."

"And High Druid, if I may, I would like to nominate our newest scouts for this task. They have shown exceptional skill, teamwork, and bravery. We need our most experienced members at the ready should the Untamed return to our village, but I see no more capable candidates than Tabitha, Vasani, Phedre, and little Metah."

"Do not forget their compassion," Mah Kahn adds, "they have a sense of determination I have not seen in many years."

The High Druid turns to Tabitha and places a hand on her shoulder. "And thank you, Tabby, I am feeling well now. You and your friends all have a strong internal power, the kind of innate ability that 700 years ago they would have sent you to a magical academy to study spells and incantations. That time has long past, teachers and trainers in the arcane arts are now few and far between. If you look hard enough, though, you can find someone to train you to manipulate your innate energies in a way you see fit." Mah Kahn's eyes drift towards his son, Sven. "Why.. Tabby, had I known you had this innate ability, I'd have asked you to be an apprentice of mine years ago."

You have now gained the ability to MULTICLASS! Across the globe you can find people to train you in the art of a specific class. From wizards to shamans, someone can train you to gain the abilities of that class, regardless of power source. Even other martial classes!

By doing so, you will be house-ruled the feat for that class you want to become. Any abilities gained will be based off your highest stats (Fighters will use Strength for wizard spells, for example), and, if you pursue it further, at level 11 you can choose from your multi-class's Paragon Path options!

To multiclass, you must first seek a trainer and complete your training with them, usually in the form of a simple quest! At level 15, if you so wish, you can complete a more difficult quest and fully change in to the class you are interested in.

For example, you now know that Mah Kahn is the DRUID trainer, and that, most likely, Bishop Crane is the CLERIC trainer!

Go crazy! Speculate insane combinations! Keep in mind, you can only multicass ONCE, so choose carefully. I may include the ability to rechoose your multiclass if the need arises.

Annie turns to your party once again. "The four of you do not have to do this if you do not want to. I figured, especially for someone like you Vasani, that you would prefer going out and seeing the world and taking action personally, rather than sitting in Red Terrace hoping that everything works out for the best.

For now though, you should get some rest. The four of you cannot go chasing after Jasper in to his woods without any preparation, that will end badly. You will first need to seek out a method to slay the demon. I think you four should first make a stop in the free-port city of Son Tanusia.. it is known to attract adventurers from all over the world, you can most likely find someone to provide you with information for your fight against the Untamed. In the morning we will discuss your best plan of action, as well as suit you up for the trip. And should you accept to take this quest, you should inform your families that you will be departing tomorrow morning."

Main Quest Accepted! "The Mother's Bell"
    I have updated the Pause Menu to have a quest log now!

You may stay and talk to any NPCs you want, especially if you have questions about Multi-classing or your Main Quest.

When you are ready to proceed, head home and sleep!
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:41 am

Metah decides to take this opportunity to check out the shop s/he has a coupon for. Hopefully all the chaos hasn't forced it to close.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:44 pm