Spirit-Chaser Strategy Guide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good luck!

+2
Vasani
Dungeon Master Orange
6 posters

The Main Campaign!

Vasani
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

The Main Campaign! - Page 26 Empty Re: The Main Campaign!

Post  Vasani Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:07 pm

Shiny chest.

The Main Campaign! - Page 26 Tumblr_m7qemspJGh1rziwwco2_250

Open it. Open it. Open it.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:09 pm

Vasani Shepard wrote:Shiny chest.

The Main Campaign! - Page 26 Tumblr_m7qemspJGh1rziwwco2_250

Open it. Open it. Open it.

The inside of the chest gives off a magical, shiny light! Inside you find gold (enough to split between the five of you, giving you each 65g!), a (very slightly damaged) jeweled crown, a few golden pearls (which probably fell out of the crown, from the looks of it), and what seems to be a crudely-wrapped package (wrapped with brown paper, like you would see on a paper bag), tied up neatly with rope.
    Vasani
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

Post  Vasani Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:17 pm

Vasani looks around for anyone watching her and unceremoniously tears into the plainly wrapped package, sending bits of paper flying

The Main Campaign! - Page 26 Tumblr_m7fcuqaSEi1r3ug7ho1_500
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:19 pm

Vasani Shepard wrote:Vasani looks around for anyone watching her and unceremoniously tears into the plainly wrapped package, sending bits of paper flying

Inside the package you find, in mint condition, a collection of "Green-Skins Premium Goblin Smut: Kings and Queens Edition", Issues #78-90

The Main Campaign! - Page 26 Tumblr_m7eq4t1nb31rziwwco1_1280
    Vasani
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

Post  Vasani Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:24 pm

The Main Campaign! - Page 26 Tumblr_m7108ybxAu1rziwwco1_500

Ewwww! Vasani's initial reaction is to kill it with fire, but decides that if someone had taken the time to wrap it and stash it away in a chest it might be worth holding on to, if for nothing else but a distraction.

After stashing away her cut of the gold and her new book, Vasani heads out to talk to the mayor.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:23 pm

Vasani Shepard wrote:The Main Campaign! - Page 26 Tumblr_m7108ybxAu1rziwwco1_500

Ewwww! Vasani's initial reaction is to kill it with fire, but decides that if someone had taken the time to wrap it and stash it away in a chest it might be worth holding on to, if for nothing else but a distraction.

After stashing away her cut of the gold and her new book, Vasani heads out to talk to the mayor.

You acquired.. that.. stuff!
    The CROWN and GOLDEN PEARL are left behind in the chest.

(Any of you can loot these objects, or do anything in this building before heading out. Just clarify that you are doing so before hand!)

Your party heads outside, where it appears the townsfolk, your ravens, and the mayor are waiting to congratulate you. A few of the larger men rush in to the hall carrying buckets of water, who shouldn't have any trouble putting out the flames.

"I don't think I have the words to describe how much you mean to our town. It goes without saying you saved us all. And don't worry about the fire, just gives me an excuse to redecorate the place again! High fives all around for you guys!"

You gain 125 exp!
    "New Management" has been... completed?

The mayor is interrupted. Down the road, you hear .. music? You feel the bass of it thumping heavily throughout your body. You are than blinded (not actually blinded) by bright high-beams.

The Main Campaign! - Page 26 37oldsrf

It appears that black car is rolling towards you. It's state of the art design is something most of you might not have seen before. The car's stereo seems to be playing the music you hear, the bass is harder than ever. The windows are tinted dark, but you get a dreaded sense of something.. unfriendly.. rolling towards you.

Last edited by Dungeon Master Orange on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:26 pm

Gob-Horse seems to be quaking in his hooves, as he watches the car approach.

"Boss..."
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:02 pm

The car comes to a halt. The headlights shut off. Once your eyes readjust, you begin to notice that the sun is just beginning to rise.

The music grows louder.

In the darkness, you make out a few goblins getting out of the car, carrying banners. They plant them in ground, and stand in formation. One goblin runs back, and opens the back car door. The license plate on the car reads "GOB KING".

You see one slender black boot step out of the car, followed by another. What you make out in the darkness isn't.. quite what you imagined. The figure is slender, and human-like.. but you notice long elvish ears that appear tattered and torn. The figure gracefully steps forward.

Clap.

The Main Campaign! - Page 26 Demetr10

Instantly, the sky darkens, and a spotlight shines directly on the Goblin King. You notice his eyes are completely black, no white of the eyes at all, masked by his dark-purple eyeshadow and lip-stick. His face is gaunt, much like the rest of his body, revealed by his loose fur coat. A strange tattoo adorns the front of his chest, surrounded by fur from a red fox. He.. certainly isn't what you expected the king of goblins to look like.

Clap. Clap.

The Main Campaign! - Page 26 Tumblr_m573cm446k1rtjw1mo1_250

Despite his slow saunter, he is approaching you quite quickly. He smiles, revealing vicious looking teeth.

I must say.. most impressive. Such an adorable group of heroes saving the town? Why, credit must go where credit is due~. Oh, listen to me ramble; let me introduce myself. I am the King of Goblins, and, I do believe you have already met my goblins. Charming, aren't they?

You notice Cameron barely keeping himself under control. He seems.. incredibly angry; specifically, on a personal level. He is gripping a holy symbol in his hand tightly.

"Oh, but don't worry. I don't hold grudges. I know when I am not wanted, and your precious little town is safe. I will leave.

Though..

I only want one little souvenir."

At incredible speeds, the Goblin King appears in front of the old mayor and grabs him tight by his throat; his black nails biting in to his skin. He turns around, walking towards his car, dragging the struggling mayor behind him.

"This one. The rest can go about their merry, short little lives. This one is mine.
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:31 pm

Tabby's eyes dart nervously between her allies. Do we try to stop him? If half the folk stories were true, she wasn't sure how much they could do...but she didn't like watching the Goblin King have his way with the mayor they just saved, either. Her first frenzied thought was to slash his tires...but chances were that would just make him angry, right? She was worried about Cameron, too...and more than a bit afraid; she had no idea what was going on with him or what he would do. At a loss, she tries to make eye contact with...well, anyone. Shocked Ideas?
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:44 am

Before exiting (if still allowed):
    On a whim Metah scoops up the crown and pearls. "I bet Ma would love this!"

Metah also loots the body of the goblin she assassinated, and ties up her gob-horse and leads him outside.

Once Outside:
    Metah feels a bit stunned by this stranger. Even the ladies where s/he comes from don't wear that much make up. This strange person is certainly pretty, if a bit frightening. However, Metah needed to stop evil, and kidnapping was usually pretty evil... but maybe he was misunderstanding...

"EXCUUUUUSSSSEEEEEE MEEEEEEEE!!!! YOUR GOB-MAJESTY!!! Why do you need the mayor?!?!?!?!?!"
    Phedre nicEssus
    Phedre nicEssus
    Group Physician

Post  Phedre nicEssus Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:43 am

Inside the hall Phedre took a moment to check over the gob bodies for information on their leader (and anything of interest i.e. loot) before exploring the other rooms and floors. Quickly that is, the place still is on fire.

Outside: Your Majesty, it is an honor to meet one clever and strong enough to unite the goblin clans. And it is out of this respect that I give you a chance to release the mayor and discuss this issue of territory civilly.

Diplomacy check to see if we can wheedle info from him (and to release the mayor) without him turning and gutting us like fish. d20 +11
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:43 am

The member 'Phedre nicEssus' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 26 Forumdice20
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:04 am

Cameron's anger snaps. Focusing through the holy symbol in his hands, he places a DIVING CHALLENGE of BAHAMUT on The Goblin King!

"You drop him and face me instead, right now!"

Cameron than charges!

+11 vs. Ac!

Last edited by Dungeon Master Orange on Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:04 am

The member 'Dungeon Master Orange' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 26 Forumdice5
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:01 am

Metah Fore wrote:Before exiting (if still allowed):
    On a whim Metah scoops up the crown and pearls. "I bet Ma would love this!"

Metah also loots the body of the goblin she assassinated, and ties up her gob-horse and leads him outside.

Once Outside:
    Metah feels a bit stunned by this stranger. Even the ladies where s/he comes from don't wear that much make up. This strange person is certainly pretty, if a bit frightening. However, Metah needed to stop evil, and kidnapping was usually pretty evil... but maybe he was misunderstanding...

"EXCUUUUUSSSSEEEEEE MEEEEEEEE!!!! YOUR GOB-MAJESTY!!! Why do you need the mayor?!?!?!?!?!"

The Goblin King turns around to face Metah, his face completely covered by shadow. You notice that his grip on the mayor's throat is just loose enough so he won't pass out, to keep him struggling longer.

"Ah, our dear friend here? Oh perhaps I'll turn him in to a goblin.. hmmmmm, yes, what say you? Would you like to be a goblin? Maybe a great noble leader? Or a general? Or maybe you are only fit to clean the gutters and sewers of my city? Or maybe you are more fit to be ground up and turned in to a fine wine for my minions; you certainly don't lack in age.

Maybe we'll just have to see how my mood is when we get home~"

Dungeon Master Orange wrote:Cameron's anger snaps. Focusing through the holy symbol in his hands, he places a DIVING CHALLENGE of BAHAMUT on The Goblin King!

"You drop him and face me instead, right now!"

Cameron than charges!

+11 vs. Ac!

The Goblin King drops the mayor, and gracefully parries Cameron's assault.

The Main Campaign! - Page 26 Demetr13

The Main Campaign! - Page 26 Demetr12

The Goblin King's face presses close against Cameron's, almost as close as his serrated blade. He whispers in to Cameron's ear. "Oh. I remember you now, boy. I see you have just as much as a temper as your father." (It can be assumed any of you can hear his whispering)

Cameron struggles, furiously trying to escape. This only seems to please the king more. He grins wickedly, and continues to whisper. "Tell me, does your mother need to walk with a cane now?"

Phedre nicEssus wrote:Inside the hall Phedre took a moment to check over the gob bodies for information on their leader (and anything of interest i.e. loot) before exploring the other rooms and floors. Quickly that is, the place still is on fire.

Outside: Your Majesty, it is an honor to meet one clever and strong enough to unite the goblin clans. And it is out of this respect that I give you a chance to release the mayor and discuss this issue of territory civilly.

Diplomacy check to see if we can wheedle info from him (and to release the mayor) without him turning and gutting us like fish. d20 +11

The Goblin King keeps a close eye on his prisoners. The mayor dares not move away. "So civil, aren't you? Now that is the kind of respect I deserve."

The demon firms his grip on Cameron. "I'll listen, dear. But tell me.. what is my up-side in this deal? What can you possibly offer me?

This is now a SKILL CHALLENGE. Use everything you have at your disposal! Since it is rather improvised, I do not have a set limit how many successes or failures you need, but be sure to try your best! Don't forget about skills such as Diplomacy, Insight, History, Religion, and Streetwise! Get creative.

Phedre nicEssus
    Phedre nicEssus
    Group Physician

Post  Phedre nicEssus Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:11 pm

I offer you the chance to leave. Leave these people and let my comrade go, and we will not seek retribution for deeds done this day.

Phedre's hands are up as she desperately tries to reason with the king.

The Main Campaign! - Page 26 PhedreDiplomacy_zpscfee9151

Ugh bad pic. Anyway, Diplomacy is my strongest weapon here. I'll let the others try streetwise and history and some such. Diplomacy +11. Please don't let me mess this up, this is going to plan so well. *prays to dice gods*

Oh and a heads up, Allies within 10 squares of me get +1 to diplomacy.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:11 pm

The member 'Phedre nicEssus' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 26 Forumdice2
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:19 pm

Metah suddenly tosses his/her bag and the rope tethering the Gob-Horse to Vasani.

"I'm gonna need to be limber for this!"

Metah then runs up the the gob-king and bows as respectfully as someone who can't hold still can bow.
    "Your Majesty! I challenge you to a NON-VIOLENT DANCE-OFF!"
    Metah then moon-walks in place.
    "In the unlikely event that I win, we get the mayor. If you win, you will be crowned Funk-Master-Supreme and awarded with this crown!"

Metah pulls the freshly acquired crown from his pocket.
    "We can keep the crown and Mayor on that bench, and everyone must vow not to interfere with our dance!"
    Vasani
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

Post  Vasani Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:00 pm

Vasani glances between Metah and The Goblin King, and grips the rope and Metah's bag a little tighter.

"Come on, Metah. That isn't even a fair fight. This guy doesn't really look like he can dance."

Bluff: +7

Last edited by Vasani Shepard on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:00 pm

The member 'Vasani Shepard' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 26 Forumdice5
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:36 pm

The member 'Dungeon Master Orange' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 26 Forumdice7
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:43 pm

Phedre nicEssus wrote:I offer you the chance to leave. Leave these people and let my comrade go, and we will not seek retribution for deeds done this day.

Phedre's hands are up as she desperately tries to reason with the king.

The demon's grin slowly fades, and he tosses Cameron to the ground beside him.

"Retribution? Justice? That vaguely sounds like a threat, and I take threats quite seriously. I have lived for thousands of years upon thousands of years, and the only true justice I follow is the natural order of nature, the balance of the world; the only justice that binds demons and mortals alike. I have seen civilizations rise and crumble under their own notions of what is right in the world, their own commandments eventually being their ultimate undoing.

Keep that up, and we'll see than who will get their retribution in the end."

Metah Fore wrote:Metah suddenly tosses his/her bag and the rope tethering the Gob-Horse to Vasani.

"I'm gonna need to be limber for this!"

Metah then runs up the the gob-king and bows as respectfully as someone who can't hold still can bow.
    "Your Majesty! I challenge you to a NON-VIOLENT DANCE-OFF!"
    Metah then moon-walks in place.
    "In the unlikely event that I win, we get the mayor. If you win, you will be crowned Funk-Master-Supreme and awarded with this crown!"

Metah pulls the freshly acquired crown from his pocket.
    "We can keep the crown and Mayor on that bench, and everyone must vow not to interfere with our dance!"

Vasani Shepard wrote:Vasani glances between Metah and The Goblin King, and grips the rope and Metah's bag a little tighter.

"Come on, Metah. That isn't even a fair fight. This guy doesn't really look like he can dance."

Bluff: +7

At first, the demon does not know how to respond. He eventually cracks, and laughs vaguely maniacally.

Hah! Now this, this was worth getting up for. Very well, little.. girl? I shall accept. May the one who puts on the most fabulous show win.

He bows, and lifts his head slowly, staring straight in to Metah's eyes.

Please, the challenger may go first. I insist.

Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:19 pm

Before he could change his mind, Tabitha rushes over to help Cameron to his feet and get him out of the Goblin King's reach. Apparently, there was some history between them... Taking a rag out of her bags, she wipes a trickle of blood from where the blade was held against his neck. She didn't want to dote over the captain too much and embarrass either of them, but she had been jarred by his sudden outburst and found herself genuinely terrified by the King's brutality. Taking care of someone else focused her and let her regain her bearings. In any case, she was relieved Metah had diffused the situation, even if it was...unconventional. They probably needed something unconventional right now. Still tense, Tabby hangs back, watching and waiting.

Last edited by Tabitha Oakenfleur on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    Phedre nicEssus
    Phedre nicEssus
    Group Physician

Post  Phedre nicEssus Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:26 pm

While Metah and Vasani distract the king Phedre tries to fade back out of the way. She is trying to make eye contact with the mayor without attracting anyone else's attention. Finally catching his attention she rolls her eyes to the back of the crowd and nods her head, trying to give him the idea to take off now while everyone is busy. "Come on you fool, run" she thinks to herself.
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:31 am

Metah grins and winks at Phedre, Vasani, and Tabitha, this should be a fun dance party. S/he closes his eyes and points at a group of villagers who suddenly pull out some bad-ass instruments.

The dance, a dance inspired by JUSTICE.

Metah begins doing a series of back-flips and cool kicks and punches. Before moving onto moves of a more groovy flair.

The Main Campaign! - Page 26 Psy-gangnam-style-1

The Main Campaign! - Page 26 Kidgangnam

The Main Campaign! - Page 26 1652781_o

I assume I need to make some sort of check for this.... Acrobatics? +8

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 6:14 pm