Spirit-Chaser Strategy Guide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good luck!

+2
Vasani
Dungeon Master Orange
6 posters

The Main Campaign!

Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

The Main Campaign! - Page 27 Empty Re: The Main Campaign!

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:31 am

The member 'Metah Fore' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 27 Forumdice8
    Vasani
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

Post  Vasani Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:58 pm

As everyone is mesmerized by Metah's fabulous dance moves, Vasani circles around behind the Goblin King's car as quietly as possible. She kneels down out of sight and pulls the goblin from the horse costume, immediately covering his mouth with her hand. "You will stay quiet, you understand?"

She roots around Metah's bag and pulls out a scroll and begins to recite the words on the paper under her breath. Changing the goblin to look like the mayor. "If you stay put, not only will no one ever ride you as a horse again, but I'll give you this... intriguing book I found. Now, stay."

Vasani pops out from behind the car and walks up behind the mayor, slinging an arm around his shoulders and takes a moment to watch the dancing. "Stay quiet."

As the King starts his dance, Vasani pulls the mayor back behind the car. She motions towards the horse costume. "I know it isn't the most appealing option, but it beats being turned into a goblin."

Not which, if any, checks need to be made here..
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:00 pm

Vasani Shepard wrote:As everyone is mesmerized by Metah's fabulous dance moves, Vasani circles around behind the Goblin King's car as quietly as possible. She kneels down out of sight and pulls the goblin from the horse costume, immediately covering his mouth with her hand. "You will stay quiet, you understand?"

She roots around Metah's bag and pulls out a scroll and begins to recite the words on the paper under her breath. Changing the goblin to look like the mayor. "If you stay put, not only will no one ever ride you as a horse again, but I'll give you this... intriguing book I found. Now, stay."

Vasani pops out from behind the car and walks up behind the mayor, slinging an arm around his shoulders and takes a moment to watch the dancing. "Stay quiet."

As the King starts his dance, Vasani pulls the mayor back behind the car. She motions towards the horse costume. "I know it isn't the most appealing option, but it beats being turned into a goblin."

Oh you sly devils.

Stealth check, please!
    Vasani
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

Post  Vasani Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:02 pm

Oh, dear. Stealthing is not my strong suit.

+3
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:02 pm

The member 'Vasani Shepard' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 27 Forumdice4
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:50 pm

Metah Fore wrote:Metah grins and winks at Phedre, Vasani, and Tabitha, this should be a fun dance party. S/he closes his eyes and points at a group of villagers who suddenly pull out some bad-ass instruments.

The dance, a dance inspired by JUSTICE.

Metah begins doing a series of back-flips and cool kicks and punches. Before moving onto moves of a more groovy flair.

The Main Campaign! - Page 27 Psy-gangnam-style-1

The Main Campaign! - Page 27 Kidgangnam

The Main Campaign! - Page 27 1652781_o

I assume I need to make some sort of check for this.... Acrobatics? +8

You made the MEDIUM DC!

The Goblin King humbly applauds Metah's performance."Oh, most excellent. If I may, however, I do believe it is my turn."

The demon takes a step back, and snaps his fingers. The spotlight goes out, and begins to fade back to life slowly, revealing the king and his guardsman to now be wearing suits and fedoras.

"After all.. what is dance without a little music? <3"

The Main Campaign! - Page 27 464260_o

The demon king twists and turns, occasionally disappearing and reappearing behind your various party members. You can't tell if he is trying to incite you to dance, or preparing to slit your throats. Probably both.

Meanwhile..

Phedre nicEssus wrote:While Metah and Vasani distract the king Phedre tries to fade back out of the way. She is trying to make eye contact with the mayor without attracting anyone else's attention. Finally catching his attention she rolls her eyes to the back of the crowd and nods her head, trying to give him the idea to take off now while everyone is busy. "Come on you fool, run" she thinks to herself.

Vasani Shepard wrote:As everyone is mesmerized by Metah's fabulous dance moves, Vasani circles around behind the Goblin King's car as quietly as possible. She kneels down out of sight and pulls the goblin from the horse costume, immediately covering his mouth with her hand. "You will stay quiet, you understand?"

The mayor nods, and obeys the order. He quietly slips in to the outfit as the somewhat traumatized-looking mayor-gob-horse replaces him on the bench. God, that guy has been in that horse costume quite a while now hasn't he?

The Main Campaign! - Page 27 88427_o

The Goblin King finishes his over-the-top performance, and takes a smug bow. He snaps his fingers, and the spotlight goes out, returning him and his guardsman back to their normal outfits. He looks up from his bow, staring in to Metah's eyes.

"Your move." The demon grins, once again revealing his vicious teeth. "Though, no one is forcing you to."
    Phedre nicEssus
    Phedre nicEssus
    Group Physician

Post  Phedre nicEssus Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:14 pm

What the hell, lets give this a shot.

Phedre saunters over to the goblin banner bearers sighing and seemingly talking to herself but loud enough for them to hear her. "Sigh, I remember Goblin Kings in the good old days. It was all fighting, looting and pillaging. But now dancing? What is this world coming to when once feared and great kings dance in the mud like common rabble?" She pulled a disgusted face and the dance off. "A disgraceful sight." Suddenly she sits up straight as if a thought has just occured to her. "Oh my, what if hes ill? That would explain his odd behavior" She turned to one of the banner bearers, "Does he look tired to you?" Not waiting for an answer she mutters thoughtfully to herself about new goblins, proper goblins not some weird half breed, challenging the king for power.

OK, not sure what to roll here but I want this thought to stick with the goblins and grow among them. So CHA mod is +4 and Diplomacy is +11.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:14 pm

The member 'Phedre nicEssus' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 27 Forumdice16
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:53 pm

Metah is dazzled by the king's amazing dance and feels a bit intimadated. Closing his eyes, he shakes her head and smiles at the King.
    "I'm tempted to give up, but I can't, do you know why? Because, I've got the music in me."

The Main Campaign! - Page 27 Tumblr_mef0lizQSv1qgwqw9o3_500

The Main Campaign! - Page 27 Tumblr_m7rmr7tnEB1rwj5u3o10_250

Acrobatics +8
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:53 pm

'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 27 Forumdice18
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:12 am

Phedre nicEssus wrote:What the hell, lets give this a shot.

Phedre saunters over to the goblin banner bearers sighing and seemingly talking to herself but loud enough for them to hear her. "Sigh, I remember Goblin Kings in the good old days. It was all fighting, looting and pillaging. But now dancing? What is this world coming to when once feared and great kings dance in the mud like common rabble?" She pulled a disgusted face and the dance off. "A disgraceful sight." Suddenly she sits up straight as if a thought has just occured to her. "Oh my, what if hes ill? That would explain his odd behavior" She turned to one of the banner bearers, "Does he look tired to you?" Not waiting for an answer she mutters thoughtfully to herself about new goblins, proper goblins not some weird half breed, challenging the king for power.

OK, not sure what to roll here but I want this thought to stick with the goblins and grow among them. So CHA mod is +4 and Diplomacy is +11.

The Main Campaign! - Page 27 Tumblr_m7hb1qT4xu1rziwwco1_250

The goblin looks at Phedre with the most confused look. "But.. Boss best thing dat happen to glubs! He make us glubs in to a real civilasation!"

He looks down, slightly ashamed. He kicks around dirt with the blunt end of his banner. "We glubs used to be like da trols or da gnols or da orcs or da hobgobs or da imps or da kobulds, but than boss show up and take care of my great great great great great great great great great great great great great grand-glubs and giv them a city! The other races don't pick on glubs no more!"

"He even named all of us!" the goblin says with a smile, "My name is Salad-fork. Nice to meet you!"

Metah Fore wrote:Metah is dazzled by the king's amazing dance and feels a bit intimadated. Closing his eyes, he shakes her head and smiles at the King.
    "I'm tempted to give up, but I can't, do you know why? Because, I've got the music in me."

The Main Campaign! - Page 27 Tumblr_mef0lizQSv1qgwqw9o3_500

The Main Campaign! - Page 27 Tumblr_m7rmr7tnEB1rwj5u3o10_250

Acrobatics +8

The Goblin King claps for young Metah. He saunters over towards the "mayor" and the crown, and picks up both. He drags the mayor towards Metah, and drops him, holding the crown now in both hands."My, my. That was fun. I think we both know who obviously won today." He turns, placing the crown on his own head. "But, I am a most humble king~ I shall grant you your reward, and you shall keep the mayor. He shall not die today."

With a snap of his fingers, the goblins begin to reassemble back in the Goblin King's car. You did it, it appears you really did save this town!

Just before the front of the car, the king stops.

Dungeon wrote:The member 'The Goblin King' has done the following action : Roll them dice! for Perception!

'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 27 Forumdice7

Vasani Shepard wrote:Oh, dear. Stealthing is not my strong suit.

+3

Dungeon wrote:The member 'Vasani Shepard' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 27 Forumdice4

The spotlight goes out.

Despite it being morning, the sky is still dark; The demon king is still invoking power.

Vasani feels a breath down her neck..

I don't appreciate people trying to deceive me, you know. I take that kind of deception almost as seriously as sworn retribution. It hurts my feelings.

The demon has been watching this entire time!

The demon grabs the neck of the mayor, who has been hiding in the horse costume; his black nails sink in to his skin. Suddenly, the mayor begins to shake and cough violently! Purple flames begin to swirl around him. His nose begins to elongate, his legs shrink, his hands become boney and thin, and his skin.. turn green!

He drops the mayor to the ground. The mayor looks up, utterly dazed. "Wha.. whas happen? Boss?"

"Ah, ah ah! No my little darling, you stay here. I am not your boss. You have to be a mayor now."

The Goblin King turns back towards Vasani.

"He won't die today, but he will never be the same again. Next time you might want to just be honest with me, dear; I might not be in such a good mood."

The demon snaps his fingers, and reappears before his car. He steps in, and his goblins drive away. Eventually, his car disappears on the horizon, and the sky returns to normal.

Well than.

It may not be quite the ending you hoped for, but the town is still safe. No arguing that!

The quest "NEW MANAGEMENT" has been completed!
    You have gained 150 exp!
    You have leveled up!
    You are now level 3!

You stay for a while in the town, resting up. You can spend healing surges if you would like, or wander about the town. You can even talk to people or party members. When you are all ready, just post to continue your journey towards Son Tanusia! It is still a 3 day trip from here!

Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:35 am

Metah looks at both from the gob-horse disgused as the mayor to the mayor-turned-goblin and seems to reach a decision.

"CLOSE ENOUGH! VICTORY!!!!"
    The Main Campaign! - Page 27 YAab2
    Metah grins and forces the to gob-creatures to hold hands.

"I think, between the two of you, you can probably run the town just fine."

Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:46 am

Meep.

After the King leaves and things settle down, Tabitha makes a point to find Cameron. If he wanted to keep his secrets, she wouldn't bother him again, but obviously he had some history with the demon and wanted to make sure that Cameron felt welcome to vent. Besides, she had a feeling they would run into him again, and it would be good to be prepared. Finding the nearest chair, rock, box, or curb, she takes a seat next to Cameron for a few moments before speaking.

"You doing alright? I...take it you've met him before. What did he do to you?"

Luckily Tabby fared pretty well in the last fight...so I'm already healed up and good to go. Oh, well, after giving Gob-Mayor his key I took from his office...awkward.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:31 am

I forgot to mention. This town has basic shops and supplies if you need them! If you don't know what you can or can't buy or sell, just ask.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:01 pm

Metah Fore wrote:Metah looks at both from the gob-horse disgused as the mayor to the mayor-turned-goblin and seems to reach a decision.

"CLOSE ENOUGH! VICTORY!!!!"
    The Main Campaign! - Page 27 YAab2
    Metah grins and forces the to gob-creatures to hold hands.

"I think, between the two of you, you can probably run the town just fine."

Despite all the excitement, the people of the village seem to be going about their business like normal again. One of the mayor's secretaries walks up to the mayor, and starts leading him by the hand to his "new" office. "To be perfectly honest, I doubt he will be any better or worse of a mayor. Probably better!"

Tabitha Oakenfleur wrote:Luckily Tabby fared pretty well in the last fight...so I'm already healed up and good to go. Oh, well, after giving Gob-Mayor his key I took from his office...awkward.

The mayor takes the key, wondering what it unlocks. The secretary quickly takes it away from him. "Ah.. I'll hold on to that until you are ready for that."

Tabitha Oakenfleur wrote:Meep.

After the King leaves and things settle down, Tabitha makes a point to find Cameron. If he wanted to keep his secrets, she wouldn't bother him again, but obviously he had some history with the demon and wanted to make sure that Cameron felt welcome to vent. Besides, she had a feeling they would run into him again, and it would be good to be prepared. Finding the nearest chair, rock, box, or curb, she takes a seat next to Cameron for a few moments before speaking.

"You doing alright? I...take it you've met him before. What did he do to you?"

"It's a hard thing to explain, I don't even fully understand everything. I was just a little bit younger, and a little bit more naive, but all I know is somehow the Goblin King was responsible for driving my uncle insane, and nearly having my parents and I tried and executed in front of a crowd. He disguised himself as a guard captain named Filandro Maximillion, an advisor to my uncle. I knew something was off about him though, even when I was young, because he carried himself delicately, wore fox furs, and always lingered behind people's backs.. like he was about to stab them than and there."

You feel as though Cameron might be holding back some details.. particularly regarding his own family.

"My mother walks with a cane now; she was shot in the leg instead of her heart when heroes intervened to save her from execution by my uncle. This was moments after his insanity pushed him too far, and he even turned his pistol on his own council, the Goblin King included. That's when I saw his true form, moments before he fled the city."

Cameron sighs. He scowls at his rapier and short-sword. "Anyway, I don't think it is any use for me to try and be quicker than him. I was.. shocked. Before we left Red Terrace, Panzer was teaching me that you don't always have to be the fastest blade to get the first strike.. sometimes it is just being at the right place at the right time. He seemed to suggest I might be better with a longsword, but jokingly didn't want to break my father's heart."

Cameron laughs, and begins to walk towards some of the small markets in the town. "Whelp, sorry dad! I guess things change."

Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:49 pm

After watching Cameron head off to the shops, Tabitha looks at her own pack and determines she, too, could use a little reorganization. Namely, a trip to the post office! She didn't know how long they'd be on their little hero's quest, so she was going to try mailing those mushrooms to Ameilia before they started to get gross.
    Then, realizing she still had the snacks for her bird, she calls him over and lets him indulge after doing a fine job babysitting the mayor while they cleared out the town hall...not that Khord cared much why he was getting extra food.
    While she was tempted to get rid of the tome as well, she figured an object like that would be a little tricky to sell, so, for now, she decides to hold on to it. It was odd enough to come in handy later, right? Probably not. She shoves it back in the bag anyway.
    Finally she wanders to the actual stores. After the first real fight of their trip, she was starting to want more than just one potion on hand.
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:45 pm

Metah starts to stare intently at the villagers.
    "So. We saved the village. I think we deserve some cake. Or other free stuff. Maybe some kind of discount at the shops?"
    Diplomacy +5

After shaking down the villagers Metah decides to browse around the shops.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:45 pm

'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 27 Forumdice8
    Vasani
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

Post  Vasani Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:05 am

Vasani scowls as she watches the dark car drive off.

She mutters under her breath, "I don't appreciate people trying to deceive me. Blah blah blah. Next time you might want to just be honest with me, dear. Pffft!"

The Main Campaign! - Page 27 166581_o

She wanders off to the edge of the town to wait for the others to finish their business.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:16 am

Tabitha Oakenfleur wrote:After watching Cameron head off to the shops, Tabitha looks at her own pack and determines she, too, could use a little reorganization. Namely, a trip to the post office! She didn't know how long they'd be on their little hero's quest, so she was going to try mailing those mushrooms to Ameilia before they started to get gross.
    Then, realizing she still had the snacks for her bird, she calls him over and lets him indulge after doing a fine job babysitting the mayor while they cleared out the town hall...not that Khord cared much why he was getting extra food.
    While she was tempted to get rid of the tome as well, she figured an object like that would be a little tricky to sell, so, for now, she decides to hold on to it. It was odd enough to come in handy later, right? Probably not. She shoves it back in the bag anyway.
    Finally she wanders to the actual stores. After the first real fight of their trip, she was starting to want more than just one potion on hand.

Metah Fore wrote:Metah starts to stare intently at the villagers.
    "So. We saved the village. I think we deserve some cake. Or other free stuff. Maybe some kind of discount at the shops?"
    Diplomacy +5

After shaking down the villagers Metah decides to browse around the shops.

You wrap up the reagents nicely and mail them to Ameilia, confusing the post office workers with your package. You think for a moment; you can probably do mail-order potion shopping by visiting a post office, sending gold and a request list, and getting her special crafted potions that way! Cool.

At the markets, the shop owners agree to a discount. They'll even throw in a free slice of pie with a purchase of 50g or more!

WOODSDALE MARKETS INVENTORY: AT A DISCOUNT!
    (Only one in stock of each)

Deepfarer's Pouch: Belt pouch containing 1 hour's worth of air! Easily refillable!
    COST: 800g
    BONUSES: LEGIT

Masterwork Silver Dagger (+1): A sharp dagger, edged with silver.
    COST: 285g
    BONUSES: SILVERED, BONUS DAMAGE TO UNDEAD

Darkleaf Shield (Heroic Tier): A sturdy shield made from imported wood from Shadowfell gravetrees! +1 AC for the first round of combat!
    COST: 410g
    BONUSES: TOTALLY RUGGED

Potion of Resistance: Drink and spend a healing surge! You don't regain health, but instead, gain resistance of 5 to a power source of your choice! (Fire, Frost, Lightning, Shadow, etc, etc)
    COST: 30g
    BONUSES: GRAPE FLAVORED

Phantom Ink: Ink that emits a eerie glow under lamp light, torch light, or some other light with an open flame!
    COST: 20g
    BONUSES: SCARE YOUR FRIENDS!
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:17 am

The shops also have basic general supplies too, typically found in the "Adventuring Gear" tab, and basic weapons and armor.
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:25 am

Metah grins and grabs the potions and ink.

"Who loves grape potion? METAH DOES! I do I do I dooooooo"

Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:28 am

Metah Fore wrote:Metah grins and grabs the potions and ink.

Sold! What flavor pie do you want?
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:29 am

Dungeon Master Orange wrote:

"What tastes the most like sweet sweet justice?"
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:30 am

Metah Fore wrote:
    Dungeon Master Orange wrote:

"What tastes the most like sweet sweet justice?"
    The Main Campaign! - Page 27 Tumblr_m7u9f3Zhtc1rziwwco1_250

"Uh... Cherry?"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:50 am