Spirit-Chaser Strategy Guide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good luck!

+2
Vasani
Dungeon Master Orange
6 posters

The Main Campaign!

Vasani
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

The Main Campaign! - Page 29 Empty Re: The Main Campaign!

Post  Vasani Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:51 pm

Too wound up to sleep, Vasani wanders over to the wine bar.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:49 pm

Vasani Shepard wrote:Too wound up to sleep, Vasani wanders over to the wine bar.

You mosey over a few train cars towards the bar and restaurant. For a commoner's commuter train in to the city, it certainly has an air of class to it; chandeliers, large glass windows, plush carpeting, and hand crafted furniture. The halfling bartender notices you walk in, and she waves you over. "Certainly is a beauty, ain't she? The Alestra's Voyage is a remarkable train, the Evensong Family certainly has outdone themselves. But enough about that, name is Lilac Fastfinger; care for any food or drink? Today's specials are the pumpkin cider and the rib roast with vegetables, but we have harder spirits as well."

You browse the selection, but you are interrupted by a commotion on the car. There seems to be an excited crowd gathering at the far end..
    Vasani
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

Post  Vasani Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:52 pm

Unable to resist any type of commotion, Vasani heads over to the crowd with that special twinkle in her eye reserved only for when she feels mischievous.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:04 pm

Vasani Shepard wrote:Unable to resist any type of commotion, Vasani heads over to the crowd with that special twinkle in her eye reserved only for when she feels mischievous.

Shoving your way through the excited crowds, you manage to get a glimpse of what is causing all the fuss; You see a built man wearing white finery with a deep mauve cape. His skin is tanned, and his chin and overall physique are noticeably chiseled. You than notice his smug smile, bright green eyes, and blonde pompadour hairstyle. Whoever he is, he seems to be enjoying the crowds and women hanging off of his every word, and hanging off of his arms.

He does look vaguely familiar, but you can't quite figure out where from. You look around the room, and, bingo! You spot a poster. You see the man on it, and the poster reads;

COMING SOON!
    to the Old Fairy Tavern on Alestra's Voyage

THE AMAZING
    THE HANDSOME
    THE DROP-DEAD HANDSOME

FERNANDO EVENSONG!

PROFESSIONAL BARD EXTRAORDINAIRE
    WORLD RENOWN ADVENTURER
    AND AUTHOR OF "THE APHRODITE OF MUSCLES
    "
    All autographs and photographs pricing vary on day and attractiveness.
    Vasani
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

Post  Vasani Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:32 pm

Vasani frowns. Not exactly the kind of entertainment she was hoping for. With a shrug she snags a drink from the bar and heads off to bed.
    Phedre nicEssus
    Phedre nicEssus
    Group Physician

Post  Phedre nicEssus Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:15 am

Thinking some quiet time is in order, Phedre wanders to the observation car to watch the landscape fade away outside.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:39 am

Vasani Shepard wrote:Vasani frowns. Not exactly the kind of entertainment she was hoping for. With a shrug she snags a drink from the bar and heads off to bed.

Oh my god this pumpkin cider is good.

You enter your room, and notice that Metah, Tabitha and Cameron all have picked out their beds and are silently lying about, staring out the window. You find a spot too, underneath Tabby's bunk. You flop on to the bed with your cider bottle in your mouth.

"You know, I hate cities," says Cameron, from the opposite side's top bunk. He seems to be wistfully staring out the window over the bay.

"I never thought I'd be back in Son Tanusia after leaving years ago.. "

"I can't help but wonder how much has changed, how much.. had to change. But I'm glad I am going back with all of you. I am not sure how much I could have done this alone."

Phedre nicEssus wrote:Thinking some quiet time is in order, Phedre wanders to the observation car to watch the landscape fade away outside.

Shielding your eyes from the sunset, you gaze at the bridge. It is impossibly long.. something you couldn't have dreamed of. You watch as trains ride by at high speeds, zooming past the commuter train and changing track-lanes at reckless speeds. You also notice a considerable amount of construction going on about the bridge. You can't seem to go 5 seconds without seeing a construction crew on the side of the tracks, or a train carrying steal beams or wood.

Across the bay, you can make out the towering hills and buildings of Son Tanusia. You can even see some of the larger ships at it's ports. You have a hard time picturing the place up close.

Before you know it, tourists begin to leave, and you find yourself alone on the observation deck.

As stated earlier, any of you can still visit the OLD FAIRY TAVERN car, the OBSERVATION DECK, or head to BED to continue on to Son Tanusia! You can also explore other areas by request.
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:48 am

Metah wanders into the Fairy Tavern to grab a snack. As s/he passes through he notices Fernando. She observes his actions silently and grins

Stealth +8
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:48 am

The member 'Metah Fore' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 29 Forumdice19
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:58 am

Metah Fore wrote:Metah wanders into the Fairy Tavern to grab a snack. As s/he passes through he notices Fernando. She observes his actions silently and grins

Stealth +8

You made the HARD DC!

Cameron hops out of his bunk. "Hey Tabby, wanna follow after Metah with me to the bar? That pumpkin cider looks good, and Vasani doesn't look like she is gonna share. Let's grab some. You can come too if you'd like, Vasani."

You walk in to the bar, to the sound of excitement and merriment. And screaming fan-girls.

"Oh, oh god no not that guy," whimpers Cameron.

What your entire party sees is that Fernando's commotion has built up. Being a bard herself as well as a member of the Evensong corporation, the bartender Lilac has no real choice in having some.. forced.. respect for Fernando. However, to the misfortune of Ms. Lilac Fastfingers, it appears Mr. Fernando Evensong has taken to using her bar's furniture to perform feats of strength, or as he called them, "feats of Fernando".

The buffoon seems to be balancing on one leg on one of the bar-stools, while playing his signature Fernando-Flute™ (a pan flute, really), while lifting another chair above his head, which is seating two busty women holding large tankards of ale. They are giggling madly, it is a wonder how their tankards are still full and not drunk.

Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:02 am

Feeling especially sneaky Metah crawls under some chairs and first ties the bootlaces of the two women together and then ties Fernando's foot to his bar stool before slipping away. Metah whistles casually and returns to take a seat by the bar.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:30 am

Metah Fore wrote:Feeling especially sneaky Metah crawls under some chairs and first ties the bootlaces of the two women together and then ties Fernando's foot to his bar stool before slipping away. Metah whistles casually and returns to take a seat by the bar.

Fernando, taking in the attention gives one more good flex, "accidentally" bursting a button off of his already loose shirt. "Ah-thank you, ah-thank you. I love each and every one of you."

However.. he takes one step down towards the floor. When he tries to take the other, his boot laces snag, and the entire crowd gasps. Fernando and his two lovely assistants come crashing down, dumping ale all over the Evensong pretty-boy. The two intoxicated women scream, and attempt to run away, but their shoelaces knot up, they crash in to each other, and both fall unconscious. Sadly, no exp was rewarded for this.

The train-car goes dead silent, except for a few worried voices.. and the laughter of three Red Talon scouts and a disgruntled bartender. Fernando's eyes narrow, and he stumbles toward the group, dragging his bar-stool platform shoe with him.

"JUST WHO. DO YOU THINK. YOU ARE. DO YOU REALIZE WHO I AM? DO YOU REALIZE JUST WHO YOU HAVE INSULTED?"

Not wanting to lose her job, Lilac reluctantly stops laughing. However, Cameron steps forward to confront the big baby. Cameron grins.

"My name is Cameron del'Mar, should that mean anything to you, and I don't know what you could be talking about. We were just enjoying the entertainment; say, was that part of the act too?"

Behind his back, Cameron slips Metah a high five.

"Is there any reason that the name should mean anything? As if.. peasant. I have my eye on you, you and your rag-tag bunch of uncultured filth. Your lady friends here might have a chance to redeem herself, but sadly you are doomed. I CANNOT PROVE ANYTHING YET, but mark my words.. no one crosses Fernando Evensong and gets away with it. NO ONE!"
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:35 am

"JUST WHO. DO YOU THINK. YOU ARE. DO YOU REALIZE WHO I AM? DO YOU REALIZE JUST WHO YOU HAVE INSULTED?"

The Main Campaign! - Page 29 XzPsd

"Ahhhh... no."
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:09 am

Dungeon Master Orange wrote:I have my eye on you, you and your rag-tag bunch of uncultured filth. Your lady friends here might have a chance to redeem herself, but sadly you are doomed. I CANNOT PROVE ANYTHING YET, but mark my words.. no one crosses Fernando Evensong and gets away with it. NO ONE!"

Tabby smiles sweetly and dips into a small, ladylike bow. But she stays quiet. Oh, it is ON, asshole.

Clearly, this man was an insult to nature. He was pompous, ignorant, and--as far as she was concerned--hideously deformed. That pompadour was a direct insult to not only decent hairstyles but stood in direct defiance of GRAVITY ITSELF. Surely, as a Druid Acolyte, it was her solemn duty to do something about him.

Vasani may have gotten the reputation around Red Terrace for trouble-making...but it wasn't as if Tabitha didn't cause her share of mischief. She was just...quieter about it. Sneaking a wink at Cameron, Tabitha orders her cider then heads out to the open link area between the bar and the next train car. She was going to do something about that damned pan flute. After glancing about for any onlookers, Tabitha leans her staff against the rails in a way that innocently suggests "someone left this here and will be back for it in a moment". Slipping into the next car, Tabitha waits and readies her next move for when this...Fernando character walks out.

Stealth...you know, just in case: +5
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:09 am

The member 'Tabitha Oakenfleur' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 29 Forumdice18
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:30 am

Dungeon wrote:The member 'Tabitha Oakenfleur' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 29 Forumdice18

You made the HARD DC!

Metah Fore wrote:

The Main Campaign! - Page 29 XzPsd

"Ahhhh... no."

Fernando's eye twitches, and he "stomps" off (as much as a man with a bar-stool tied to his leg can stomp off). He opens the train-car door, and slams it behind him. The bar is silent. Cameron laughs one last time, and begins to head back to bed with the rest of his party.
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:41 am

As Fernando steps out, Tabitha channels the power of her staff for the first time...causing vines to lash out and wrap around his pan flute. She'd be damned if she had to listen to him play it all the way to the city...and so, grinning to herself, she causes the vines to retract--along with his flute, hoping to send it clattering off the train never to be heard from again.

Much better. She takes her staff and cider back to their cabin, climbing into her bunk to sip at it as she watches the scenery go by out the window, chatting with the others until she eventually dozes off.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:58 am

Tabitha Oakenfleur wrote:As Fernando steps out, Tabitha channels the power of her staff for the first time...causing vines to lash out and wrap around his pan flute. She'd be damned if she had to listen to him play it all the way to the city...and so, grinning to herself, she causes the vines to retract--along with his flute, hoping to send it clattering off the train never to be heard from again.

Much better. She takes her staff and cider back to their cabin, climbing into her bunk to sip at it as she watches the scenery go by out the window, chatting with the others until she eventually dozes off.

Fernando watches as his pan flute fly out of his hand for seemingly no reason. With no basis or reasoning, he knows who he now blames. Cameron del'Mar, and the rest of his band of scouts, are now on his dainty, neatly embroidered shit-list.

The Main Campaign! - Page 29 Game_m12

Night comes and goes. The train ride is smooth, but pulling in to Evensong Station is a bit of a culture shock. People crowd the massive train station, filled with clothes, accents, and races you have never seen before. You manage to to finally squeeze your way out on to the city streets.

It is midday when you arrived in Son Tanusia. Before you is a city who's buildings stand almost as tall as their trademark hills. The streets bustle with cars, trolleys, and businessmen and tourists alike. At almost every street corner you manage to see another construction crew building new buildings, each taller than the last. A lot of the construction actually seems to be reconstruction.. something must have done a lot of damage to the city in it's past.

With all the chaos, it is a wonder how anyone avoids getting lost here. Not intending to do so, Cameron runs in to a information center, and comes back with a map. He has managed to have a few locals explain some of the different parts of town, and helps him put together some of the slang to better understand the city.

The Main Campaign! - Page 29 Son_ta10

"Well.. here we are. Now we just have to find someone who can help us. Though I haven't the faintest clue where to look. Where do we find someone who knows anything about demons?"

Your quest has been updated!

At this point, you can explore the city freely. Do so to help you in your quest, or just personal curiosity. Don't forget about your quest, though!
    Vasani
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

Post  Vasani Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:22 pm

Demons. Demons. Vasani peers over Cameron's shoulder at the map. Well if that Goblin 'King' was any indication, demons like to dance. Vasani heads toward the Sunset Hills in search of the nightclub, making sure to keep an eye out for anything of interest. Particularly a magic shop.
    Vasani
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

Post  Vasani Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:24 pm

Derp derp. Streetwise perhaps? +7
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:24 pm

The member 'Vasani Shepard' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 29 Forumdice20
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:12 pm

Vasani Shepard wrote:Demons. Demons. Vasani peers over Cameron's shoulder at the map. Well if that Goblin 'King' was any indication, demons like to dance. Vasani heads toward the Sunset Hills in search of the nightclub, making sure to keep an eye out for anything of interest. Particularly a magic shop.

Your party takes a trolley, and heads up and up the hills towards the rich part of town. A large club sits at the foot of a even taller hill named "Mt. Evensong", where you see a massive sky scraper sitting atop of.

A bouncer approaches you, "Sorry little lady, but place doesn't open for another few hours. Anything I can help you guys with?"

You explain to him what you are looking for..

"Demons? Whoa man, no I don't know anything about that shit," He looks around, as if making sure no one he knows is looking, and pulls out a deck of cards. In a low voice he continues, "but.. truth be told. I am a bit of a wizard. Real magic hocus pocus stuff, ya dig? Quite proud of it. There aren't many left, what with Evensong trying to run them out of town, but there are a few enthusiasts and interesting characters left at Scalleywag's Wharf or Puckpei Town, maybe someone over there can help you cats out. Goodluck to ya!"
    Vasani
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

Post  Vasani Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:46 pm

Liking the sound of Scalleywag's Wharf, Vasani heads in that direction.
    Vasani
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

Post  Vasani Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:54 pm

MOAR STREETWISE +7
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:54 pm

The member 'Vasani Shepard' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 29 Forumdice9

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 7:08 am