Spirit-Chaser Strategy Guide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good luck!

+2
Susan Evensong
Dungeon Master Orange
6 posters

"Whelp" : A Vaguely 5e D&D Adventure

Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

"Whelp" : A Vaguely 5e D&D Adventure - Page 2 Empty Re: "Whelp" : A Vaguely 5e D&D Adventure

Post  Azazel Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:53 am

Keeping at her task Azazel keeps digging at the wall, unsurprised and unmoved at hearing Demetri's voice.

Hack. "Hello Brother." Crunch. "Your traps have gotten..." Awful noise styrofoam makes when it rubs together. "ridiculously low-rent. Do you need to borrow some money?"

Previously it had appeared she was haphazardly hacking her way through the wall, as Azazel is wont to do, but the hole she has made begins to take on a more distinctive shape. It appears she's carving a staircase out of the foam wall so that she may keep following the wire upwards.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

"Whelp" : A Vaguely 5e D&D Adventure - Page 2 Empty Re: "Whelp" : A Vaguely 5e D&D Adventure

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:33 am

"What, change the channel on me, darling sister? Not likely." Demetri grins, seemingly at nothing.

Azazel, can you make a STAIRCARVING check? 1d20 will work.
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:37 am

Stair-carving check hoooo!
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:37 am

The member 'Azazel Morgenstern' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    "Whelp" : A Vaguely 5e D&D Adventure - Page 2 Forumdice13
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:54 am

Dungeon Master Orange wrote:The member 'Azazel Morgenstern' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    "Whelp" : A Vaguely 5e D&D Adventure - Page 2 Forumdice13

You make a decent set of stairs! You are quickly on your way to becoming a stair-carving master. Add +1 STAIRCARVING to your stats.

As you continue to dig upwards, you believe that you are just scratching the surface of a room above yours. You hear the sounds of voices.

"Azazel.. just what do you think you are doing? Where are you taking my darling Etheyl? And.. is.. that a dragon outside your jailcell window? What is this sorcery.. Oh. It appears to be flying away now.. that, or it is getting some speed and circling back. Huh."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:58 am

Azazel pauses. Dragon? She returns to the cell and stares down the screen. "She's not your Etheyl, she's MY Etheyl! Get your own mortal! And get some equipment that doesn't lag!" Patting Etheyl on the head again, she returns to her wire following treasure hunt.
    Etheyl Woodwell
    Etheyl Woodwell

Post  Etheyl Woodwell Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:49 pm

Etheyl cocks her head at the screen. Something was fishy. Er....well...no shit.

"Demetri, your connection sucks. You've got a huge delay."

She leans back to Crumnley. "Me either. I'm just running with it."

Ameilia sighs. Susan always acted so odd around her. Today in particular she seemed to be avoiding eye contact entirely. What was she doing so wrong? Ameilia was too busy worrying to even notice her husband's terrible joke while he hammed it up.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:01 pm

We both know that nothing about me has ever been 'pleasant'. I need to track down the rest of my marauding menagerie of morons, so why don't you come to me?
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:46 pm

"Excellent choice, Susan!" Zieffar shouts across the bridge, "I will do just that!"

Zieffar runs across the wooden-rope bridge towards the skeleton, using his ACROBATIC SKILL (rolls below) to keep balanced, and as he reaches the skeletal fiend, he aims a BURNING HANDS spell upwards in combination with SCULPT SPELLS to leave the undead knight headless, and the bridge unharmed. After all, girls are watching.

Meanwhile, back at the jailcell.

Behind you, an explosion of dragon-fire... explodes!

Etheyl, Azazel, Crumnley and Chance, roll for an ACROBATIC ESCAPE!

First roll for ACROBATIC SKILL
    Second roll for BURNING HANDS
    Third roll for CRUMNLEY ACROBATIC ESCAPE

Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

The member 'Dungeon Master Orange' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    "Whelp" : A Vaguely 5e D&D Adventure - Page 2 Forumdice18
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

The member 'Dungeon Master Orange' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    "Whelp" : A Vaguely 5e D&D Adventure - Page 2 Forumdice17 "Whelp" : A Vaguely 5e D&D Adventure - Page 2 Forumdice15
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:52 pm

Azazel ducks into the little stairway she carved out of the wall for cover. "Demetri! How did you manage to get a dragon!?"
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:52 pm

The member 'Azazel Morgenstern' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    "Whelp" : A Vaguely 5e D&D Adventure - Page 2 Forumdice3
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:04 pm

crumnley & etheyl
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:04 pm

'd20' :
    "Whelp" : A Vaguely 5e D&D Adventure - Page 2 Forumdice10 "Whelp" : A Vaguely 5e D&D Adventure - Page 2 Forumdice18
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:42 pm

A flash of bright light and a great heat fills the room. Even Susan, Ameilia, and Zieffar feel the whole room shift and shake from the weight of the dragon-fire. The wooden bridge sways harshly, and the headless skeletal knight falls on to the soft foam spikes below.

As the smoke clears Crumnley and Etheyl (who happens to be dragging chance and her familiar with her) find themselves safely near the exit to the jailcell. The whole room's floor and one side have been completely blown away, revealing a sheer drop cliff-face below you. You can see at least several more floors of building below you as well. You appear to be somewhere high up in a mountain.

Meanwhile, Azazel finds herself separated from the group, on the blown-out side of the jail-cell, just out of arm's reach. She is hanging (with no floor beneath her, obviously) by one hand embedded deep in to her staircase, and one hand gripping on to her axe.

Azazel. You will need a SAVING THROW.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:54 pm

The member 'DM Audra' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    "Whelp" : A Vaguely 5e D&D Adventure - Page 2 Forumdice8
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:56 pm

Azazel growls in frustration while foam begins to crumble within her grip. Refusing to let go of her axe, she tries to hoist herself up with one hand.

"If I die here I'm gonna be pissed! You think me bothering you while I'm alive is bad, Demetri? Just you wait till I'm in fucking wisp form!"
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:50 pm

And with that, the foam snaps, and Azazel falls.

And falls.

Until she crashes through the roof of another part of the complex. And everything goes black.

It is a few moments before Azazel comes to her senses. You are very badly injured from the fall, but not dead. The room is dark, and most of the details aren't very clear without some light (even with darkvision's black and white sight). You reach over, and find your axe split in two pieces. You feel.. more foam on the break points. The axe you were holding was foam.
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:06 pm

"Whelp" : A Vaguely 5e D&D Adventure - Page 2 Undertaker-sitting-up

Azazel gets to her feet and takes a deep breathe to gather herself. (Uses second wind.) She looks down to see the fake axe handle in her hand and freezes.

"WHERE IS MY FUCKING AXE!?"

"Whelp" : A Vaguely 5e D&D Adventure - Page 2 Oh-My-God

She crushes the foam in her fist and stomps forward till she comes across a wall and starts punching through it like a woman possessed. I'm going to kill him. Just wait till I get my hands around his scrawny little neck. I'm going to fucking kill him.
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:22 am

Azazel's enraged shrieking causes the dragon to swing back around. He scoops her up in his talons and flies away.

Susan rushes back into the room just in time to see Azazel growing tinier in the distance.
    "Well, fuck..."
    You have options! You have an exit, you can go on with your lives, maybe get a drink. You can try and rescue Azazel, you can live in this cell forever, or you can try and find Demetri.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content