Spirit-Chaser Strategy Guide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good luck!

+8
Mia Ophelia DuCour
Craze
Susan Evensong
Limbo von Vechtan
Xhiero/Val
Leopold von Vechtan
Dungeon Master Orange
DM Audra
12 posters

Welcome to Kevash.

Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Welcome to Kevash. - Page 3 Empty Re: Welcome to Kevash.

Post  Susan Evensong Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:07 pm

Susan shrugs and starts to head inside but then pauses to vomit in a bush before continuing.
    "Sorry for troubling you at such a late hour. The whims of the insane rarely strike at a convenient time..."
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:08 pm

"Miss Evensong, this is not the time to be talking about intimate relationships." He coughed and studied Susan's face more closely. Despite her normal behavior she seemed ill. "Instead of thinking about people's love life, perhaps you should worry about yourself."
    (He meant 'worry about your health' but Tim likes the double meaning play on her being preggy)

Welcome to Kevash. - Page 3 Ugly10

He heard the front door creak open and the owner of the home motioning them to enter. Xhiero quietly nodded to him and entered the home. "Thank you, kind sir for helping my father. I apologize for interrupting your rest."
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:32 pm

"Don't start trying to babysit me just because you failed to keep an eye on...your father, Xhiero. Besides, talking about intimacy is always fun, you should try it sometime." Susan winks then rolls her eyes.
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:49 pm

"I have no intention of babysitting you so don't worry. I think...I'll stay away from relationships for while..." He diverted his gaze away from Susan to Zieffar. Xhiero approached Zieffar and tossed him his clothes. Xhiero attempted to analyze the man.

Insight check:
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:49 pm

The member 'Xhiero' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    Welcome to Kevash. - Page 3 Forumdice2
    DM Audra
    DM Audra
    You Are Not Prepared.

Post  DM Audra Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:17 pm

Xhiero wrote:"I have no intention of babysitting you so don't worry. I think...I'll stay away from relationships for while..." He diverted his gaze away from Susan to Zieffar. Xhiero approached Zieffar and tossed him his clothes. Xhiero attempted to analyze the man.

Insight check:

Dungeon Master Orange wrote:The member 'Xhiero' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :

The man seems incredibly grateful to Xhiero for giving Zieffar  pants.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:29 pm

Susan watches as Xhiero starts looking at the man strangely.

*What is he doing? Is... is he trying to analyze him? He doesn't appear to be doing it right. Is he going blind?*

"You know, we have invaded your home, but we haven't caught your name. We've been so rude! My name is Susan."

Susan reaches out to shake his hand before trying to analyze the man as well.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:29 pm

The member 'Susan Evensong' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:31 pm

Dungeon Master Orange wrote:The member 'Susan Evensong' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    *You know, he has really nice pants....*
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:30 pm

((Guess I am not the only one going blind  Cool I think our eyes have been damaged by Zieffar. ))
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:55 pm

((Just too hot for our delicate eyes!))
    Limbo von Vechtan
    Limbo von Vechtan

Post  Limbo von Vechtan Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:34 pm

DM Audra wrote:The front door of the house opens a minute or so later to reveal the man from the window and he beckons your party inside.

After a few faltering first steps, Ameilia follows everyone into the house. "Thank you, sir." She holds out her hand. "My name is Ameilia del'Mar, and I honestly am not sure what is happening anymore." Her eyes wander to Zieffar as he...redresses. Trying--and rather failing, thanks to her basically-naked husband--to maintain eye contact with the homeowner, she continues. "I imagine this has been...an eventful night for...all of us. And more...than a little...confusing...for you. We really do appreciate your patience..." Rather overwhelmed by the whole series of events, she wanders to take a seat at the couch.
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Speed Racer

Post  Leopold von Vechtan Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:40 pm

Zieffar conjures his skeletal familiar, who he has catch the clothes being tossed his way. The bull-headed skeleton, Gus, begins to unfold and arrange the clothing silently on the back of the couch that Zieffar is sitting at. "Clearly, my friend, there has been a misunderstanding. Perhaps it is best we start over, yes?"

The wizard stands, and with a snap of his finger he casts Prestidigitation to create a sort of privacy screen for him to step in to, as he has Gus and his own Mage Hand cantrip dress himself quickly.

"As you may have clearly guessed, we are not burglars, but instead adventurers.

Welcome to Kevash. - Page 3 Zieffa11

"We were asked to locate a missing painting, that was believed to be stolen. The believed location of said painting was in fact this very address. But, you yourself do not appear to be a thief either, so clearly we can sort all of this out. The painting in question is large, depicting a man who is probably a relative of someone or another, in a very distinct ornate, gilded gold frame. Will you be willing to cooperate with us?"

Zieffar, now fully clothed, dismisses the illusions sits back down on the couch; Gus beside him. "And, before we go any farther, allow me to properly introduce myself. My name is Zieffar del'Mar. Who might you be?"

Persuasion +2

Persuasion check for good measure, though, Zieffar is looking for the party's aid in communicating with the man in case his talkin' skills ain't up to snuff.
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Speed Racer

Post  Leopold von Vechtan Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:40 pm

PErsuasion

Last edited by Zieffar del'Mar on Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:40 pm

The member 'Zieffar del'Mar' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    Welcome to Kevash. - Page 3 Forumdice20
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:47 pm

"Forgive my horrible manners. I am Xhiero Yu..*ahem* Del'Mar." He added in after Ameilia's introduction. Xhiero stepped away when Zieffar began to change.

Welcome to Kevash. - Page 3 Nosmal10

Gus seem to catch Xhiero's fascination but he tried not to look the part.
    DM Audra
    DM Audra
    You Are Not Prepared.

Post  DM Audra Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:08 am

The man lets out an exhausted chuckle. "This day just keeps getting better and better," he mutters to himself. "You have the right of that, I am not a thief. My name is Gideon Shepard, Captain of the Sentinel Order." He thumps his fist to his chest and bows.

He plops down on a near by chair. "So, who exactly sent you here to... steal from me? Is that what you were hired to do? That seems to be today's theme. Just this afternoon, after I came home from work I found my office trashed. Unless... that was you too?" He narrows his eyes and stares at each of you in turn, looking for any signs of guilt.
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Speed Racer

Post  Leopold von Vechtan Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:15 am

"Gideon, it is a pleasure to meet you." Zieffar scans the room, realizing the obviousness of the situation he finds himself in. So organized, neat and polite. Hired by a man who can't even find a proper tailor.. probably stole the suit to begin with.

"Tell me Gideon, do you know the painting we speak of? I am beginning to suspect that we are on the wrong side of things here. Perhaps it is you that needs our assistance more."
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:20 am

"Look, I've been too busy vomiting to even leave my room today. I can assure you that I've not attempted to rob anyone... besides, I'd attempt to buy it first."
    Limbo von Vechtan
    Limbo von Vechtan

Post  Limbo von Vechtan Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:22 am

DM Audra wrote:"You have the right of that, I am not a thief. My name is Gideon Shepard, Captain of the Sentinel Order."
    DM Audra wrote:"My name is Gideon Shepard, Captain of the Sentinel Order."
    DM Audra wrote:"Gideon Shepard"

Normally, Ameilia preferred to fade into the background with a calculated quiet, polite ladylike demeanor. But she couldn't help herself now. "Shepard??" Okay, it sounded like it could be quite a common name. Still... "Do you happen to have family in Red Terrace?"
    DM Audra
    DM Audra
    You Are Not Prepared.

Post  DM Audra Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:55 am

Gideon huffs and stands up. "Yes, I believe I know the painting. Follow me." He leads you up stairs, to what appears to be his office. Though he had said it had been ransacked, it looks spotless now. A very large carved wooden desk and plush chair takes up most of the space in the room, above which is a mounted sword. Lining the wall behind and beside it are bookshelves spanning from floor to ceiling holding books on many topics, but largely dominated by books discussing military strategy, combat, and texts about ethics.

Ameilia del'Mar wrote:Normally, Ameilia preferred to fade into the background with a calculated quiet, polite ladylike demeanor. But she couldn't help herself now. "Shepard??" Okay, it sounded like it could be quite a common name. Still... "Do you happen to have family in Red Terrace?"

He perks up a little bit. "Yes, I was born there. My father still lives there." He frowns in thought, "My sister was there, but I think she's left. Have you been there?"

Gideon comes to a stop in front of a heavy wooden door with intricate carvings. In a strong, clear voice he says, "Vigilance. Honor. Justice."

The door swings open to reveal a brightly lit room. He moves further in, gesturing you to follow. Taking a look around you see all manner and sizes of cabinets and lock boxes, some with magical runes engraved on them. At the far end of the room sits something painting shaped covered by a sheet.
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Speed Racer

Post  Leopold von Vechtan Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:15 am

Zieffar watches the enchanted door swing open at the sound of the correct pass-code. "Fancy."

"Tell me, Gideon," Zieffar pauses to admire the various boxes and knick-knacks scattered around the room, "why would a tiny, fat man-servant and his mysterious master have any interest in artwork? What exactly makes this painting so.. alluring?"
    DM Audra
    DM Audra
    You Are Not Prepared.

Post  DM Audra Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:32 am

Zieffar del'Mar wrote:Zieffar watches the enchanted door swing open at the sound of the correct pass-code. "Fancy."

"Tell me, Gideon," Zieffar pauses to admire the various boxes and knick-knacks scattered around the room, "why would a tiny, fat man-servant and his mysterious master have any interest in artwork? What exactly makes this painting so.. alluring?"

Gideon snorts out a laugh.
    "I couldn't tell you. My knowledge on art and its value could fit in a thimble. There must be something more to it, but I haven't had the opportunity to check it out yet. Been a busy day, and we just brought this in last night. But let's take a look."

He whips the sheet off with a flourish, "Ta.....da.....? Well, that isn't what I was expecting." Gideon looks a bit green, staring at the painting.

It is truly grotesque. A horrific portrait of an old man stares at you and his eyes seem to follow you no matter where you go. The 'man' bears many scars and his mouth is curled into an ugly sneer. He looks more like a walking corpse than the dignified gentleman his attire and pose would have you believe him to be.

"Man, I do not understand art."
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Speed Racer

Post  Leopold von Vechtan Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:37 am

Zieffar wants to take his eyes of the painting, but can't. Gross. The wizard turns to his skeletal companion. "Gus! Looks like a relative of yours, yes? Ehh?"

Gus stares back at Zieffar.

Gus stares.

Welcome to Kevash. - Page 3 Gus10

"Right. So the painting is hideous. What do you suppose we do with it? Deliver it as expected in hopes of learning more, or do you believe the whole situation should be challenged from another angle?"

Zieffar than motions for Xhiero to hand Gideon the letter that was given to the party earlier that evening. "Gideon may need to see it."

Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:38 am

"That would be a nice addition to my room...but Craze would probably slap me silly." Xhiero mumble under his breath. "How did you come across this...artwork? If you don't mind me asking."

Xhiero pulled the letter they had received from 'Mr. Boner' earlier in the day and handed to Gideon.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:34 am