Spirit-Chaser Strategy Guide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good luck!

+3
Susan Evensong
Sloan Ye'tovich
Dungeon Master Orange
7 posters

RP Free for All: Chapter 6

Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

RP Free for All: Chapter 6 - Page 15 Empty Re: RP Free for All: Chapter 6

Post  Susan Evensong Tue May 26, 2015 1:47 am

"Well, if they aren't here in the bar, perhaps they are downstairs. She does spend a lot of time in that damned sparring room."

Susan turns and walks down the stairs.

"Azazeeeellll! We're back! Put some pants on!"
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Tue May 26, 2015 1:48 am

"We just can not resist your charms." Azazel freezes and her ears strain as she listens to footsteps above them, soon followed by Susan's voice. She nudges Xhiero with her shoulder. "Speak of the devil. I believe they have returned."

Azazel jogs upstairs and greets Susan and Val, giving the latter a once over with a raised eyebrow, taking in his disheveled state but making no comment. "Welcome back. I hope you two are not too worn out for another field trip?"
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Tue May 26, 2015 1:51 am

"Will there be booze involved?" Susan immediately grabs a drink.

"Oh, and where will we be going?"
    Sloan Ye'tovich
    Sloan Ye'tovich

Post  Sloan Ye'tovich Tue May 26, 2015 1:56 am

"Oh no, no. We're fine." Val said a little dumbfound. He shifted into a fox and pounced back onto Susan's shoulder.
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Tue May 26, 2015 2:20 am

Azazel takes a seat and does her best to appear unphased, but a scowl still manages to twist her lips. "It would appear that someone has decided to break into my home. Several times over the weeks I have been away, in fact. I must investigate and I thought it wise to bring back up."
    Sloan Ye'tovich
    Sloan Ye'tovich

Post  Sloan Ye'tovich Tue May 26, 2015 2:54 am

"Oh dear...what if it was a panty thief. Or a stalker. Or a fan."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Tue May 26, 2015 3:02 am

Azazel shudders. "Let us hope it is just someone that wants to kill me."
    Sloan Ye'tovich
    Sloan Ye'tovich

Post  Sloan Ye'tovich Tue May 26, 2015 3:27 am

"Aww Azi-chan. You should accept people's love and admiration towards you." Val chuckled as he looked at Xhiero. "Isn't that right?"

"I guess..but it depends on the occasion." He replied. "Some people can go a little...overboard."

"When shall we head off now that Susan and Val are here."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Tue May 26, 2015 3:43 am

"Now. I would like to survey the premises and I have enough guest rooms to house you all for the night if you wish to sleep."

Azazel stands and pulls out an odd purple stone that seems to be pulsating. She holds it out in the palm of her hand and mutters some words in a harsh, foreign tongue. A large beam of light shoots out from the stone and splits into several smaller beams. They frantically weave a portal in front of Azazel until they suddenly retreat back into the stone.

Pocketing the stone, Azazel holds her arm out toward the portal, motioning the group forward. "Guests first."
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Tue May 26, 2015 8:25 am

"Ooo, fancy. But mine's better!" Susan waves her remote with a laugh as she stepsb through the portal..
    Sloan Ye'tovich
    Sloan Ye'tovich

Post  Sloan Ye'tovich Tue May 26, 2015 11:48 am

"I get to play in Azi's home~" Val hummed on Susan's shoulder. "If the thief takes her armor I can replace it with dresses. Excellent!"

"It might not have been a wise choice on your behalf to bring your brother. I hope you have no regrets." Xhiero said as he walked past her into the portal.
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Tue May 26, 2015 12:39 pm

"I am sure I will regret bringing every last one of you.." Azazel mutters to herself as she follows the group through the portal and it winks out of existence.

On the other side, the group finds themselves in the front courtyard of a sprawling gothic manor, with stone spires stretching up towards the night sky. The exterior of the house looks ancient, but in good repair, surrounded by a tall, ivy covered stone wall that looks like it could hold up against a siege. The courtyard sandwiched between the wall and manor is covered in lush grass, massive trees, and bushes baring night blooming flowers.

Wasting no time, Azazel marches up the steps to the front door. She pulls out a dagger and slices into her hand before grasping the handle and opening the door. "Make yourselves at home."

While the exterior of the house exudes a cold, if not intimidating, vibe, the interior is far warmer. Decorated in dark woods and rich reds and purples, the manor seems to have an open floor plan one would more commonly find in modern buildings and not an ancient manor.

Azazel shrugs off her clock and hangs it on a hook by the door before pointing towards a set of double doors situated between two curved staircases directly opposite the front.

"I must survey the damages done. Through there you will find guest rooms if you wish to sleep. You are welcome to explore, but should you find a locked door know it is locked for a reason." She looks pointedly at Val before heading off through a door to the right.
    Sloan Ye'tovich
    Sloan Ye'tovich

Post  Sloan Ye'tovich Tue May 26, 2015 1:13 pm

Val held his paws up towards the ceiling.

"Don't look at me. Susan and Xhiero might have magical lock opening skills too."

"I don't open locks. I just smash through the doors." Xhiero joked before leaving to a guest room. "I would like to look at the interior design more. I shall catch up with everyone later."

"Hmm, I guess I will stick to you." Val smiled. "Let's see how naughty you are when told not to do something."
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Tue May 26, 2015 1:14 pm

"So, do the doors of this house  have knobs, or must they be kicked open at all times?" 

She jokes as she follows behind Azazel.
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Tue May 26, 2015 1:37 pm

As Xhiero heads through the double doors to the guest wing, he finds a long hallway with several closed doors on either side and ending in another set of double doors. Entering one at random he finds himself in a guest room. A large bed with a carved dark wood frame and dark red trappings is flanked by matches end tables and takes up a the far end of the room. A chest of drawers sits off to the side topped by an ornate mirror. A pair of black leather chairs sit near another door that leads to a private bath, decorated in white and black marble.

Susan and Val find themselves in a somewhat small room housing only a desk sitting perpendicular to a large window overlooking the front courtyard, a pair of chairs and some art hanging on the wall. Azazel walks over to the desk and looks at letter sitting there with a scowl. "Forsaken human law enforcement. I merely informed them of this for their own safety. I do not need assistance." Looking up from the parchment at Susan and Val's approach, "Following me on my rounds?"
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Tue May 26, 2015 2:05 pm

"Of course! It should prove to be an interesting study in your priorities. What item do you feel holds the most value? What do you think others will find most valuable? The order and speed with which you check on things may illuminate this. Very interesting!"
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Tue May 26, 2015 2:28 pm

"I am tempted to check on things at a random order now." Azazel sighs and drops the paper back on her desk. "Very well. Follow me."

She heads back out into the foyer and heads toward a door that opens into a very dark downward staircase. Unphased by the lack of light, Azazel jogs down the stairs and flips a switch to illuminate a very large room with walls made of brushed steel and stone floors. Scattered throughout the room countless weapons of all types can be found. Some in cases, others hanging on plaques, and more still sitting in racks near what looks to be a sparring area. In the area nearest the door is a group of table set up for what looks like weapon maintenance and modification.

Azazel prowls around the room, analyzing everything through a narrowed gaze. As she approaches the sparring ring she comes to a stop with a growl. Before her a couple of swords lay on the ground, one bloodied. She picks it up and sniffs it, committing the person's scent to memory. "What fool breaks into a house to what? Spar?"
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Tue May 26, 2015 2:55 pm

"It is cute that you think such things will stop me from studying you." She answers with a grin still following Azazel. She studies the scene in the sparring room with interest.

"This implies that there had to be more than one, right? Unless someone took the time to grab two swords and stab themselves with one. That would be dumb, even for someone idiotic enough to break into a demon's house."

Susan looks around for anything of interest, either pertaining to the break ins or amongst Azazel's possessions.

Perception 2
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Tue May 26, 2015 2:55 pm

The member 'Susan Evensong' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    RP Free for All: Chapter 6 - Page 15 Forumdice18
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Tue May 26, 2015 4:48 pm

"You are correct." Azazel takes the swords to one of the tables to clean while Susan looks around.

Susan recognizes a couple of the axes as once that Azazel has used in the past, all hung up on plaques as if retired. One case catches your attention however. Upon closer inspection it looks like one of Demetri's tooth daggers. It lays in a glass case as if it were a prized artifact or hunting trophy.

The armory is immaculate which makes the trail of blood leading back towards another staircase all the more obvious.
    Sloan Ye'tovich
    Sloan Ye'tovich

Post  Sloan Ye'tovich Tue May 26, 2015 6:55 pm

Val stared at the daggers on the wall and tilts his head to side.

"That is really odd to have Azi-chan. Your brother's tooth hanging on the wall."

Xhiero catches up to the other balancing a tray in one hand as he approached Azazel.

"You have a very nice kitchen...I couldn't help but test it out." He lowered the tray to reveal a large chocolate cake sitting upon it.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Tue May 26, 2015 7:10 pm

"Oh look! Floor-blood!" Susan follows the trail of blood.
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Tue May 26, 2015 9:53 pm

Azazel shrugs at Val. "A trophy is a trophy."

However her attention is grabbed when Xhiero walks in with a tray in hand. She looks incredibly confused when he reveals the cake. "I am glad someone finally got some use out of it, but I am surprised I had enough ingredients for you to make anything, let alone a cake."

Susan follows the trail up the stairs and finds herself in an incredibly dark room and is unable to see.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Tue May 26, 2015 10:05 pm

"Fucking demons that can see in the fucking dark." Susan grumbles to herself before pulling out a stick and using her remote to set the damned thing on fire like a torch.
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Tue May 26, 2015 10:12 pm

The flame illuminates Susan's surroundings to reveal what looks like a bedroom. She stands next to a large canopy bed, covered in rich purple fabrics. There are various pieces of furniture around and with various art pieces and statues about, the majority featuring skulls or other macabre subjects. An imposing stone fireplace takes up one wall with a pair of leather chairs seated in front of it and a set of heavy carved wooden doors occupy the wall adjacent.

Following the trail of blood leads Susan to a small door on the opposite side of the bed. Looking inside it seems to be a luxurious bath, decorated in whites and golds. There also seems to be a fair spattering of blood around the tub and sink area.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:25 am