Spirit-Chaser Strategy Guide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good luck!

+3
Xhiero/Val
Azazel
Dungeon Master Orange
7 posters

RP Free for All: Chapter 8

Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

RP Free for All: Chapter 8 - Page 30 Empty Re: RP Free for All: Chapter 8

Post  Susan Evensong Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:12 am

Locating a small ball with a pretty design on it Lexa happily makes her way back to Azazel. Her progress is halted when another child trips and skins his knee.

Kneeling next to the crying child, Lexa offers a comforting smile and holds out a hand. A warm glow envelops the injury, and it rapidly heals. The little boy smiles gratefully at her and is about to say something when his mother yanks him away.

"Don't talk to their kind, Jimmy." She levels a glare at Lexa. "My son is a good boy, stay away from him."

The woman marches away, child in tow. Lexa watches them leave with a small frown resting upon her lips.

Susan freezes at this comment, a blush suddenly overwhelming her features.

"....how.... kind of you."
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:24 am

"Why are you blushing over a potential ring?" Val took another drink and leaned towards Susan. "Did you want a real wedding ring, Susan? Are you actually ready for marriage?"

The demon laughed as his head fell onto her shoulder.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:32 am

She shoots him an irritated glare, but eventually lets it drop with a sigh and a roll of her eyes.

"I suppose that would depend on whom I'd be marrying."
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:38 am

"What a lucky man he would be." Val lifted his head and popped open another bottle, drinking it faster then the first.

"I am..going outside for some fresh air." He sighed and grabbed a couple more bottles before disappearing out of the kitchen.
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:40 am

Azazel growls and swears at the woman under her breath. She kneels before Lexa and places a hand on her shoulder. "Ignore people like that, okay? They are nothing but racist assholes and not worth your time. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you."

She offers what she hopes is reassuring smile and pats Lexa on the head. She pulls out a handful of gold and hands it to her. "Here go pay for your ball. I will be right back."

Azazel heads out of the shop and catches up the mother. She smiles down at the little boy and lowers her voice so that he can't hear when she speaks.

"You think that little girl was evil or bad because she is a tiefling? Then clearly you know nothing of evil." She bares her teeth at the woman, her solid black eyes staring into the other woman's. "Pray to whatever god you pander to that we never cross paths again."

Spinning on her heel, Azazel goes back to find Lexa. "Are you ready to go home?"
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:49 am

Susan rolls her eyes and grabs a bottle of her own, following Val outside.

"Something wrong?"

Lexa smiles and nods at Azazel, excitedly handing her the change from the purchase.

Along with a note: [I like cash registers! They go ding!]

As they head back towards the house, she shyly reaches up to grab Azazel's hand.
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:55 am

Azazel takes the change and note. She grins down at Lexa and chuckles. "That they do." She gives Lexa's hand a gentle squeeze and leads her home.

She gives Val and Susan a wave on her way inside and leads Lexa into one of the spare guest rooms, setting her bags of purchases on the bed. "This will be your room while you are here. You may do what you wish with it and if there is anything you want let me know."
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:56 am

"Are you adopting her, Azi? I didn't know you could be such a good motherly figure for someone who is frighten of children." Val teased.

"It's nothing." Val replied and headed towards the small waterway in the forest. He sat down on a large rock and dipped his feet into the water. His loosen up by the cool water running by.

Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:01 am

Lexa smiles brightly at Azazel and signs a quick thanks, before looking around the room excitedly.

"Are you being honest?" She pries, sitting next to him on the rock. "You always seem to 'need fresh air' when I've done something to irritate or upset you."

She examines him suspiciously as she takes a swig of her drink.
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:04 am

Azazel nods, "I will let you put your things away." She heads out of the room and into the kitchen. She grabs a cup of tea and takes a seat at the counter.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:09 am

Putting her new possessions away as quickly as possible, Lexa flops onto the bed. Looking around furtively, she pulls out one of the children's books and starts reading.
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:11 am

Val eyes gazed at the water before him. He pulled out his pipe and starts to smoke. A cloud of smoke streamed out from his mouth.

"Susan."

Val closed his mouth, debating if he wanted to talk or not. Finally making up his mind, he continued.

"I know you don't want to think about the topic of marriage right now. Which I understand." He lowered his pipe, setting it against the rock. "I can't help but feel a sad every time you don't care about who you want to marry."

Xhiero entered the house with a very tired Asher who drags himself towards his water bowl. The pup stuck his head into the bowl, drinking his fill before passing out.

Xhiero goes quickly to his room to take a shower and change into a new set of clothes. He seated himself at this desk and goes through his pile of paper.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:17 am

Susan stares at Val like he's grown a second head and a laugh escapes her.

"Is that why you are upset, Princess?" She asks turning to him, her expression warring between irritation and amusement.

"Of course I care about who I want to marry, specifically, you. If I were to marry anyone I'd want it to be you." She looks at him with exasperation. "Was that not obvious?"

Finishing her book Lexa begins roaming the halls, spotting Xhiero she peers over his shoulder at paperwork with interest.
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:23 am

Val grabbed her by the collar of her shirt and pulled her towards him. Kissing her on the lips before she could speak any further. His grip loosen and goes back to drinking.

Xhiero sensing someone enter his room closed his book shut and looks up. He sigh realizing it was Lexa.

"What brings you into my room? Did you want to read or learn how to draw?"
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:28 am

Mildly shell shocked from the sudden kiss, Susan regains her composure and grins. She leans over and kisses his neck.

"You are cute when you're pouting." She teases before taking another swig of her drink.

Lexa scribbles a note and holds it up.

[Azazel said you can show me pretty pictures!]
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:40 am

"Excuse me. My face is up here." Val glared at her when she kissed his neck. "If that's how you want to play, then..."

He leaned over and starts to nibble on her neck. Gently biting her with his fangs.

"That troublesome woman...." Xhiero sighed and sorted through is books. His hand patted the stool next to him for her to sit. He pulled out a small one and handed to Lexa. It contained the old drawings he had sketched.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:47 am

Gasping as a shiver runs through her body, she returns Val's glare.

"No fair, I didn't use teeth!" With a grin she pulls him closer and kisses him deeply.

"Feeling better?"

Excitedly plopping onto the stool, Lexa pages through the book with a grin. As she gets to the last page she smiles up at him, before looking down and scribbling another note.

[Wow! So pretty! So talented!]
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:18 am

Xhiero smiled at Lexa.

"Would you like to learn to draw?" He passed her a blank page and a pencil. "Let's draw Azazel."

Xhiero placed his hand over Lexa and guided her through the basic shapes of the human face.

"Azazel has black eyes, so we have to fill them in..." He helped her shade in the eyes and hair. "It takes a lot of patience and time to draw better. Now you have a new hobby to keep you entertained when you are bored."

"I think I am feeling more then better." He grinned at Susan and returned the kiss. Val pulled her in for a tight hug, almost squeezing the air out of her lungs.

Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:24 am

Lexa obediently follows the steps, focusing intensely on her task. Examining the finished product proudly, she grins at Xhiero. Her smile fades slightly as she studies him thoughtfully. Pulling out another piece of paper she scratches out another note.

[You, do not like children.]

Squirming in the hug, Susan struggles for breath.

"Perhaps you should tell me when things are bothering you more frequently." She teases.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:32 am

Crumnley Woodwell arrives at the Morgenstern Manor late in the night. He greets Azazel as he enters with his bags, asks for a guest room, and heads there to turn in for the night. As the tiefling lay in bed, he mutters to himself.

"Here we go again."
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:35 am

"Usually bad children. I can tolerate obedient ones." He leaned forward onto the desk. Realizing that Lexa was studying him, he sighed. "As a reaper, I don't feel very comfortable near children. You are bundles full of life."

Xhiero patted her on the head.

"Where did Azazel take you? Did you have fun?"

"Really? How you when Susan doesn't want to eat her meals and spends it drinking booze. Or that god awful stench her fiancee has and his strange taste in body guard. Lab coats and their buttons. Is that enough for you?" Val loosened his hug to let Susan catch her breath. He took another drink before laying down on his back and staring up at the sky.

"I wonder how things would have been if I never met you. Probably spending more time causing trouble or living out in the forest. Things have gotten very interesting since I've met you."
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:45 am

Lexa seems to accept this.answer and begins scribbling a response to his question.

[She bought me clothes, and books, and a ball! She would not let me pay. D: I've never been to a town before! There were so many people!]

Susan laughs at this reply and shakes her head.

"Hey now, I've been eating more lately! Mostly, I refused to eat in the first place because it made you pay attention to me. I can't do anything about what my fiance smells like, unless I bathe him, and you don't want me to do that. And, you're getting quite good with those buttons."

She leans over him as he lays down.

"By interesting, do you really mean more difficult? I frequently worry that you'll get tired of all the trouble and bolt."
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:50 pm

"Yes...She won't let me pay for some of her things as well. She will find a way to shove the money back at you." Xhiero sighed. "Azazel has a library here, but I am afraid the majority of her books are..not to your likings."

Xhiero got out of his seat and lifted Lexa up.

"Show me what kind of books she bought you." He carried her to her room, dangling from his arm again.

(The way jerk brothers do it)

"I wasn't expecting you to answer all of my dilemma. Hmmm, if I smell bad...would you give me a bathe?" Val grinned. He reached up and pulled Susan down on top of him.

"Difficult, but life would be boring without challenges. If I have to be honest, yes, I do get tired but I won't give up so easily because I love you." Val starts stroking Susan's head. "I have never chased a woman so much in my life."
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:08 pm

Crumnley wakes up and dresses himself. He grabs a series of old collected cans out of his pack, as well as his revolver, and heads downstairs. He nods a silent greeting to those he passes on his way outside through the backdoor, a ways away from the manor. He than begins to setup the cans methodically.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:20 pm

Letting out an irritated huff, Lexa flails ineffectively until they reach her room. Once finally released she presents the stack of books. The historical and religious texts are proudly displayed on top of the pile, the picture books are towards the bottom. She seems to find her interest in them somewhat embarrassing.

Susan gasps in mild surprise as she is pulled down. She stiffens initially, but then sighs and snuggles closer into him.

"You know, I was never particularly interested in being chased. It seemed to involve far too many feelings. Yet, I find that I want you to chase me.... or more accurately, I want you to catch me."

Tilting her head upwards she kisses him gently.

"I can't imagine you ever smelling bad. Maybe I'll just have to bathe you ahead of time as a preventative measure." She pauses as she notices a man passing by. "...Was that Crumnley?"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:44 am