Spirit-Chaser Strategy Guide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good luck!

5 posters

Boatversations

Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Boatversations - Page 9 Empty Re: Boatversations

Post  Xhiero/Val Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:15 pm

"I have to admit that I am not that strong. I may lost every round of arm wrestling." Sloan frowned.

His frown changed to a smirk at the mention of his ship.

"Are you curious? It is closer then you think."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:30 pm

Vasani grins. "I showed you mine, I think it's only fair if you show me yours."

Last edited by Azazel Morgenstern on Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:30 pm

She shrugs again and looks a bit sheepish.

"To be honest, I don't have that much experience with any kind of relationship." She laughs.

"So, tell me, what is raiding a ship like? I've always wondered what it was like for the people who so kindly raided my family's ships. Is it exciting?"
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:43 pm

"It can be. It's generally a lot of chaos, but each ship is different."

"Ships like yours, business ships, tend to be a little simplier. The crew is operating on set guidelines; usually their employers tell them not to risk their lives and just do as we ask."

"Other pirates or smuggler ships tend to a little more exciting. They fight to the bitter end and usually have a better understanding of how we operate."

"I tend to stay on the Python though and manage our crew while Vasani jumps over. As you probably saw when she boarded your ship, she like to make a dramatic entrance. I only head over if the other ship's crew needs a little more.. motivation to stand down."
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:17 pm

"Yes, luckily for those of us who operate through...mostly... legal channels, insurance tends to recoup most of our loses."  She laughs before continuing.

"And I'm sure you cut quite the intimidating figure when you finally step in. What is the most exciting raid you've ever done?"
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:40 pm

Troy sighs and runs a hand over his hair. "I guess that would be when we raided a dreadnought, run by one of Vasani's rivals. I don't know how much you know about ships, but the Python is built for speed. Hit and runs, not a big battle. This other ship was a huge, sturdy thing, which of course needed a much larger crew to man."

"Vasani got it in her head to take the ship, a show of power or revenge or whatever motivates her to do anything. We snuck up on the other ship easy enough, sent over a small team of rogues first to try and debilitate them as much as possible. Tamper with munitions, knock out people when possible, set up traps. Just be assholes basically."

"Then Vasani took a group of fighters and officially started the raid while I tried to keep the ship moving to avoid their cannon fire. Everything was chaos. Due to the dreadnought's massive crew, we were pretty outnumbered. This was one of the few times I ended up having to go over to help, though being intimidating wasn't enough."

"It was a long, hard battle, but eventually we were able to take everyone out and take over the ship."
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:13 pm

"That IS exciting! Was the final reward worth all that trouble?"
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:20 pm

"It was. Generally ships like that aren't so heavily defended just for the hell of it. We took it a decent haul. On top of getting the ship."
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:36 pm

"What do you do with the ships you take? Sell them?"
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 pm

"I don't think there is much on my ship to entertain you, darling. It is quite empty at the moment to prepare for he sail through the storm. But if you like, I suppose it wouldn't hurt."

Sloan opened the door for her and bowed, waiting for Vasani to pass through.
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:52 pm

"Yes, for the most part. Though Vasani's got it in her head that she wants a fleet now."

Vasani walks through the door and waits for Sloan to lead her. "I'm surprised no one noticed another ship sailing with us."
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:11 pm

"The wonders magic can do." Sloan smirk as he walked Vasani back to the Python to the side opposite of the Python and stopped. He placed his fingers into his mouth and whistled. A wooden plank appeared out of nowhere and landed onto the Python.

Sloan held onto Vasani's hand and walked her over to the stealthed ship.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:12 pm

"A whole fleet of you terrorizing the seas? My ships may need to gain better defenses or you'll put us out of business."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:19 pm

"Oooh!" Vasani looks around, wonder and excitement very evident on her face. "I want this for my ship. It must be so useful."

"Yeah. I've been trying to talk her out of it. The more ships and people we have, the harder it will be to keep everyone loyal. And the only reason we have so few issues on this ship is because they all love Vasani."
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:45 pm

"Yes, Vasani seems like quite the charismatic leader." She chuckles. "I can only imagine the trouble she causes."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:59 pm

"You have no idea." Troy adjusts the ship's course a bit and looks to Susan. "What's with all the questions anyway. Surely you could've just asked Vasani."
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:09 pm

"Useful, yes. However the extent of this magic is temporary. I would have to use it very wisely, such as sneaking up on you." He laughed and waved a hand, suggesting for her to go wherever she please.

"I recently cleaned out my ship. There is not much left around here for you to see, but feel free to wander."

The ship was eerie quiet aside from the shuffling of some crew members working. There seems to be just enough men to manage the ship but no more then that.
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:17 pm

Another quiet ship. Vasani frowns a bit, but is quickly overtaken by curiosity. She starts to wander around, grinning at whatever crew she sees in greeting.

Looking over at Sloan as she explores the ship, she asks, "So, how'd you get your ship?"
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:19 pm

"Well, boredom mostly. And she is a bit preoccupied at the moment with someone I greatly dislike, so I'm afraid I have been unable to question her as much as I'd like." She replies with a frown.

"I hope my presence is not too much of an inconvenience."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:23 pm

"Oh? She does have the tendency to attach herself to questionable people, if they're interesting enough. What'd he do that pissed you off so much?" Troy shakes his head. "You're not bothering me, but like you said before, I'm not much of a talker."
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:39 pm

"He is interesting alright. However, he hurt my friend... actually he hurt several of my friends, and I'm afraid I cannot readily forgive him for that. Besides, his business practices... irk me."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:48 pm

"That's understandable." Troy nods and pats Susan on the shoulder, unintentionally sending her forward. "Unfortunately for you, Vasani won't stop talking to him until she gets bored or he slights her. Her need to sate her curiosity and boredom tends to trump everything else."
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:37 am

Troy's pats send Susan tumbling off of her perch face first onto the deck. Pushing herself back up with a sigh she begins dusting herself off.

"Well, I certainly cannot fault a person for trying to satiate their curiosity, especially in times of boredom. I just hope that in her case, she simply grows bored of him. His slights have proven to be rather unpleasant in the past."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:42 am

Troy grimaces as Susan goes tumbling. "I'm sorry. I forget my strength."

His expression darkens at Susan's statement. "Vasani can usually watch out for herself, but I'll keep an eye on the guy too."
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:51 am

The crew stared at Vasani awkwardly. Some seem like the wanted to smile back but quickly darted away at the sight of Sloan.

"My ship was given to me by someone I work for. No interesting story about it." He explained while following behind Vasani.

"Was there something in particular you are looking for on my ship?"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content