Spirit-Chaser Strategy Guide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good luck!

+2
Xhiero/Val
Dungeon Master Orange
6 posters

RP Free for All: Chapter 16

Etheyl Woodwell
    Etheyl Woodwell

RP Free for All: Chapter 16 - Page 29 Empty Re: RP Free for All: Chapter 16

Post  Etheyl Woodwell Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:26 am

Etheyl raises an eyebrow at Lexa. Busted.

"Ah, ah! I was worried about that. Lexa I'll give in and put up with lending a dagger now and then, but I really don't want you to hurt any more than that." She nods her head at Layla. "Especially if this nice woman gets attached to you and will actually take a mark as well. That would make two transfers."

Etheyl was a little surprised herself at this new acquaintance jumping right into this commitment they'd already had so much hubbub about, and a little nervous even since she didn't know her, but...the same principle remained, right? Still, her entry and Xhiero's almost flippant departure jarred her. Especially if the transfer was harmful to Lexa. Did they all care so little for her? Please don't prove her right in this.

"What would it take to get you to a temple? Can it be as easy as...going to some temple he may have in town? I can only wish. If not, could we backtrack to one of the places we've already had to bring you?"
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:30 am

Lexa attempts to wave a hand dismissively as she writes.

[It won't hurt me... well it won't hurt me much to do it outside of the temple. It simply takes a large amount of energy, and can be quite exhausting. Any temple to Oghma would be fine, or even a place with a large concentration of knowledge, such as a library. Those are the places where he has the most power.]
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:35 am

Xhiero noticed Lexa's expression of pain.

"I didn't mean it like that, Lexa. I just think Layla might be a better option then having me around. Despite her appearance and personality...she's actually pretty good with kids." He frowned and avert his eyes away from Layla.

RP Free for All: Chapter 16 - Page 29 Tumblr_m942coRhla1qau345o1_500

"I am not good with kids, so I probably am not the best candidate to follow you around. I am still here to help you should anything happen..."

Layla laughed at Xhiero as he spoke.

"Still stubborn and awkward as ever." She reached out and pulled Lexa in for a hug and stroke her head.

"There, there. Xhiero doesn't mean it like that. He has trouble showing people he cares." Layla smiled and poked Lexa's nose.

"He acts cold and cruel because he doesn't want people to know he is a softy on the inside. The more mean things he says the more he cares. Mr. Xhiero probably feels that he can't watch over you as much as he can because of girlfriend duties and working all his ridiculous part time jobs."

Etheyl Woodwell
    Etheyl Woodwell

Post  Etheyl Woodwell Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:49 am

"Ah, if a library will work then we especially should do it there, make it a bit easier on you. I don't think it'll be enough of a detour to inconvenience even Azazel. I think there's quite a number of libraries in the city."

Etheyl couldn't help but share a bit of Lexa's pain, though she felt it mostly in apprehension. "I...don't think this is really an issue of being good with children or not. Lexa is young but...she's seen a lot. More than most of us I'd imagine, even the immortals present, in her own way. She's never struck me as...immature," she said, trying to defend the poor girl.

She directs her gaze more to Layla. "The mark...isn't a duty to be a glorified babysitter. I...hope I don't come across as trying to dissuade either of you after you've made your choices. But there is a sort of contract involved. And Xhiero," she added, a little sadly, "the mark doesn't mean you always have to be there. Only one of us. I'm more than happy to take what some might think of as 'that burden'."

She gestures her arms frantically in front of her as if trying to dissipate smoke. "But, like I said, I...respect your decisions. I think I was just surprised. But I said my peace for better or worse. I apologize. Maybe I made too much drama out of it," she finishes in a somewhat deflated voice.
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:59 am

"I guess Oghma rubbed off on me the wrong way. It is hard to express my hatred towards him and not Lexa since they are somewhat the same." He sigh and got up from the couch.

"I think I will go check up on Azazel..." Xhiero excused himself and left out the front door.

Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:06 am

Lexa looks back and forth between Xhiero and Layla and nods obediently, eyes initially beginning to well with tears. However, she takes a deep breath and closes her eyes, opening them again the tears are gone, but her expression seems dull, and detached, almost cold. It is an expression that the priests in her old temple would have been quite familiar with.

It was a mistake to think they cared for me.

She offers Etheyl a grateful smile, but the distance is still there. She pulls out her notebook and quickly writes.

[Very well then, I am ready to head to the library whenever you are, Ms. Etheyl.]
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:08 am

Azazel presses farther back into the shadows at the sound of the front door opening, but upon seeing Xhiero she relaxes slightly. "What brings you out here?" she asks from the darkness.
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:15 am

"Air?" He walked towards Azazel and slumped down on the ground next to her.

"I should have just kept my mouth shut. I just want to get ride of that bastard god...not Lexa." He rest his head against the cold wall and looked up at the sky.

"I should just stop caring too much about other people when I suck at expressing it."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:22 am

Azazel frowns and drops down next to Xhiero, taking one of his hands in hers. "Did something happen?"
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:29 am

"Layla asked to take the mark off of me. I agreed but hurted Lexa. I made her think that I didn't care or want her around." Xhiero bit his bottom lip.

"What should I do?"
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:33 am

"I am sorry." Azazel pulled Xhiero into a hug. "Talk to her and explain, just the two of you. I am sure she will understand. You have cared a lot for her and that should mean more than one thing you said that was taken the wrong way."
    Etheyl Woodwell
    Etheyl Woodwell

Post  Etheyl Woodwell Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:37 am

Etheyl watched as Xhiero left.

She met Lexa's eyes, trying to convey her empathy. I'm sorry about this.

She soon decided that wasn't enough. Etheyl got up and went over to hug Lexa.

"I'll agree up and down that Oghma may be a dick. Because he hurts you, luv. Why I want to help to all the way through this."

Straightening up but still keeping her arm around Lexa, Etheyl coughs awkwardly as she adresses Layla and the rather stiff-looking Susan. "Ah, that got...awkward pretty quick, I apologize for that. I meant no offense to you or Xhiero, I think I was just caught very off guard by everything happening so fast." She looks around awkwardly. "I'd...say make yourselves at home but...this isn't my house. Awkward."
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:45 am

"It may not look it but Xhiero and I have known each other for a long time. He tends to shove people away because he doesn't want to hurt them but that might be doing the opposite effect." Layla stood up and patted Lexa on the head.

"You should speak to Mr. Xhiero again. He cares very much about you, dear. I am ready to do the switch whenever you are ready."

"Thanks." Xhiero smiled and hugged Azazel back.

"I didn't think you would have a soft spot for talks like these."
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:48 am

"It isn't mine either, but I'm kind of a bitch. Make yourself at home, Layla." Susan says with a sigh as she looks back and forth between the group.

Rolling her eyes she walks up to Lexa and ruffles her hair.

"Fear not, I shall not treat you like a trading card, Little God. Besides, helping you is the perfect excuse to avoid speaking with my mother. Can't go home, urgent God business may come up at any moment." She grins at her before turning to Layla.

"The bar is down that way if you want a drink. No one really uses it, besides me. Or Sloan when he visits..."

Lexa nods and returns Etheyl's hug looking up at her with a sad smile.
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:50 am

Azazel makes a face. "I typically do not, but I would rather deal with that than have you be upset."

"Now, if she does not believe you. Remind her that you once tried to give me away for my own good," she jokes to try and lighten the mood. "That should get the point across that you show you care in.. interesting ways."
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:54 am

"Sloan...."

She seem to mouth something quietly before shaking her thoughts away. Layla gave Susan a smile.

"Thanks, hun. I think I am done drinking for the day. I hope my presence won't be too much of a strain on you. After all I am a performer so I will have to practice the things you hate hearing and seeing."

She pulled out her Lyre and waved it around.

"Ergh, you are going to keep bring that up aren't you." Xhiero sulks even more.

"I am not going to do that ever again. I have to be more selfish now..so you are all mine."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:01 am

"That is right. I am, so stop sulking." She pokes his forehead. "Everything will work out just fine."

Azazel gets to her feet and holds her hands out to Xhiero to help him up. "Come on. You should go talk to her sooner rather than later."
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:02 am

"What was that?" Susan is about to inquire further as to what Layla was muttering when she sees the lyre.

".... Must you?" She asks with a groan.
    Etheyl Woodwell
    Etheyl Woodwell

Post  Etheyl Woodwell Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:03 am

Etheyl lets out a big sigh, releasing her tension. "Yeah...I think I suspected that about him." She looks up with a sad grin. "Still, I can't help but want to shake the stupid out of those types. I imagine that trait had a part to play in their little drama recently. But none of us are perfect. I probably don't want to know how often Susan and Azazel have wanted to 'shake out my stupid'."

Etheyl chuckles at Susan. "Glad to have you back to take charge of the situation. And I gotta say, spontaneous holy summons is a better excuse than anything I could come up with."

After a look from Lexa to Layla, Etheyl shrugs. "I imagine we'll have to wait for Xhiero and Azazel for the swap. I know you just got here, but would you mind terribly if we all take a trip back into the city? With Lexa doing two transfers now I'm sure that I want to go somewhere Oghma has some influence to make it as gentle as we can."
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:08 am

"It will lighten up the tension in this room. Music can soothe and calm people. That's what bards are for are they not?" She sat down and begin to pluck at the strings.

(I lost her sheet....)

Xhiero grabbed Azazel's hand and got up. He nodded to her and entered the house once more. Seeing the conversation seem to have dispersed he let out a sigh.

"I am ready."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:11 am

Azazel follows silently behind Xhiero and narrows her gaze at the group from over his shoulder, her arms crossed over her chest.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:20 am

"If all of you are feeling musical, I'll stay here and hold down the fort." Susan grumbles as she turns to pour herself another drink.

Lexa sighs and nods obediently, going to her room to gather the items she will need to preform the transfer.
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:22 am

Xhiero entered the room with Azazel and looked around. He noticed Lexa heading to her room and followed at her. When he reached her room, Xhiero light knocked on the door and waited.

Susan's sending stone seems to be buzzing but she can't make out any of the words.
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:26 am

Azazel sighs and drops onto the couch to wait, watching Layla play her music.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:30 am

Upon hearing the knock, Lexa opens the door and looks up at Xhiero, waiting to see what he requires.

Susan pulls out her sending stone and frowns, she starts fiddling with it to try and figure out what the message is.

+5

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 10:51 pm