Spirit-Chaser Strategy Guide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good luck!

+2
Xhiero/Val
Dungeon Master Orange
6 posters

RP Free for All: Chapter 16

Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

RP Free for All: Chapter 16 - Page 30 Empty Re: RP Free for All: Chapter 16

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:30 am

The member 'Susan Evensong' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    RP Free for All: Chapter 16 - Page 30 Forumdice18
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:42 am

Xhiero knelt down in front of Lexa.

"I-I know things have gone the wrong way earlier. I want to clarify that I am not trying to get get rid or you or don't want you around. I care very much for you and I want to help. I am sorry for hurting you but I honestly do not mean it."

He sighed and diverted his gaze away.

"I wanted to get rid of the mark not because I don't want to be around you. The mark is a symbol of Oghma and lately I haven't been very fond of him. I hate him for making you suffer."

As Susan fidgets with the sending stone she became to hear a voice more clearly. It sounds like Val.

"Susan! Can you hear me?" There was a pause and more static.

Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:07 am

Lexa sighs and nods again before pulling out her notebook and beginning to write.

[The mark does not just bind you to Oghma, it binds me to you. My safety, my life depends on being bound to the correct people.

While being bound to your group has caused me no harm, the last time I was bound to strangers EVERYTHING was taken from me. To volunteer to bind me to someone else, someone that I have never met, so casually, is to casually hand my life to another being. I am used to being treated more like an object than a living being, but coming from you, Mr. Xhiero, who insisted I was more than just a tool, it was hurtful. Incredibly so.

If that is what you desire, I shall do that, Mr. Xhiero. I will not force you to be bound to me, but please do not treat such decisions so casually. You stand to lose very little in such transfers, but I stand to lose everything.]

Her expression remains cold for a few moments, but she quickly loses her resolve in the face of Xhiero's apology and wraps her arms around his neck, as tears well up in her eyes again.

Susan feels a mixture of relief and alarm when she hears Val's voice through the sending stone.

"Val! Where are you? Do you need me to come pick you up?"
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:14 am

Xhiero wrapped his arms around Lexa and returned the hug.

"I apologize for not seeing the mark as that. I was to blinded by my dislike in your deity. I am not sure if Azazel will be happy with my decision..." He pulled away and wiped Lexa's tears.

"I will continue to keep the mark. I may not be the best person to keep you entertained but I will do my best to help you."

"Thank god you can hear me." He let out a laugh. It sounded like a mixture of exhaustion and relief.

"Yeah. A dimensional door would be nice right now."
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:27 am

Lexa is surprised, but pleased by the sudden outpouring (At least by Xhiero's standards) of affection. She smiles up at him, but shakes her head as she pulls out her notebook.

[It makes me incredibly happy to hear that, Mr. Xhiero, but please don't feel forced to remain bound to me. If you would rather I be bound to Layla, then I will do that for you. However, if you do keep the mark, you do not have to come on every mission, you and Miss Azazel can remain here, or maybe even go on a trip like Miss Susan and Mr. Val did!]

"On it!" Susan replies, pulling out her remote and using the sending stone signal to triangulate Val's position, she summons a dimensional door and opens it.

"Where have you been?"
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:38 am

He looked at Lexa in the eye and frown.

"I want you to make the decision, Lexa. Would you be more comfortable with me being bound to you or Layla? You are not a tool. You have every right to make decisions as we do because this is your life. I want you to live it the way you want, especially around me. If you want something do not be afraid to ask me for it."

Val stepped through the door and grabbed Susan's arm, pulling her in for a hug.

"Lost...and bumped into a bit of trouble. Everything is fine now..." He stepped back from her. Val's hair appeared shorter and more messier. He was covered in cuts and bruises.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:49 am

Lexa is silent for a moment before she finally begins writing.

[Miss Layla seems like a very nice woman, but I don't know her. I do not wish to be bound to her.] Lexa looks away with a guilt-ridden expression, misery coming off her in waves.

Susan returns the hug, visibly relaxing now that Val has returned safely. Pulling away slightly, she looks him up and down with a frown.

"You're hurt." She notes worriedly before reaching up to touch his newly short hair. "What happened to your hair? What the hell kind of trouble did you run into?"
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:21 am

Azazel continues to watch Layla, both enjoying the music and trying to discern her motives. "Why are you here? It is not like we know each other well enough to warrant a visit."
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:17 pm

"If that is your wish, then I will happily do it." He gently pinched her cheek.

"Smile. No one likes a sad face. Let's go get your things ready." Xhiero stood up and lifted Lexa into the the air. He walked her into her room and set her down before letting her pack.

"I ran into some hunters but it is fine now. I dodged a few slashes but my hair wasn't as luckily" His ears lowered as he looked at Susan guiltily.

"I will go clean up so I don't look like a mess anymore." Val said and darted away.

"I was hanging out at the docks and bumped into Miss Evensong at a bar. I offered her a ride back and ...you know" she waved her hand at the room.
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:24 pm

"I see," she says, but continues to eye Layla suspiciously. "And you are planning on staying?"
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:23 pm

"If I am not wanted then I will not stay. I wouldn't want to be in the way of anything." She said and stopped playing the lyre.

"I know when I am not wanted."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:27 pm

"I have been having a bad streak of trusting people I should not." Azazel rubs her face and sighs. "But if Xhiero trusts you then I suppose that is good enough for me. You are welcome to take one of the guest rooms."

"I should start charging for room and board. I would never have to work again," she mutters to herself.
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:33 pm

"Xhiero and I are co -workers so he has to have some level of trust for me." Layla tucks her instrument away.

"However you made a wise decision to not trust me. I am neutral to everyone. My presence is merely for entertainment not to form strong friendships. I thank you for your offer of a room. If Xhiero does not need me then I will be heading back to the current place I am staying at." She nodded her head outside.

"My ride is still here too. He probably wants to head back soon."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:38 pm

"Well, at least you are up front about it." She smirks. "I appreciate forthrightness."

"He does not have to wait outside.. " Azazel frowns, torn between being a proper host and defending her home.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:41 pm

Lexa smiles and wraps her arms around Xhiero's legs one last time before turning to gather her things. Everything collected, Lexa heads downstairs, motioning for Xhiero to follow her.

Seeing that Layla is preparing to leave, Lexa grabs the older woman's hand and bows deeply. Before pulling out her notebook and scribbling a note.

[Thank you for your kind offer. You are welcome to come on any mission you find interesting, Miss Layla. I would like to speak with you again. I haven't met a female teifling besides my mother.]

"Better open up a tab for me now then!" Susan jokes before following after Val, still mildly concerned.

"Do you need help?"
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:48 pm

"No, no. That one can stay outside. He is a bit of a bad boy..." Layla smiled at Azazel. She turned when she felt someone tugging her hand. Layla smiled down at the girl.

"I take it Xhiero is staying with you. Of course. If you ever need my assistant or company just let me know. I guess the only way to contact me would be through Xhiero." She blinked at Lexa about the last sentence.

"Next time you can tell me more about your mother."

"I think I should be fine..just need to wash up and rinse out all these cuts." He said with a smile. Val entered their room and starts to pull off his clothes.

"Can you get me the med kit?" He called out from the bathroom. "And what is happening around here?"
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:59 pm

Azazel shrugs and pours herself another glass of tea as she watches the pair of tieflings interact.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:22 pm

Susan darts away and returns shortly afterwards with a med kit. 

"It would seem that Etheyl would like to take on Azazel's mark. That seemed fine, but then Layla walks in the door and offers to take Xhiero's mark, which he agreed to instantly. Then people started having feelings everywhere, so I tuned them out." She grins.

"I gave career advice to this strange fellow named Mark while you were gone, as well. Otherwise, things have been uneventful."

She holds up the med kit and waves it in the air.

"Now, shall we tend to your wounds?"

Lexa smiles and nods at Layla but does stiffen slightly at the mention of talking about her mother. It would be a... short story.
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:19 pm

"Ahh..." Val said as he gently dabbed the blood off of his cuts. He pulled his hair back into a small ponytail and sat down on the bed.

"Yes, nurse. Patch me up."

Layla noticed Lexa's reaction.

"I am sorry to pry so much. I barely know you and yet I keep touching the wrong topics." He squeezed Lexa's hand and gave her a warm smile.

"Don't worry, dear. I don't know what kind of past you have been through, but now you have people who care for you. You will make new and fun memories together. You can consider them your family." She leaned down and pecks Lexa on the forehead.

"If you ever need to talk just let me know and I will do my best to come over if I am around in Kevash."

Xhiero walked over to Azazel and helped himself to a glass of tea.

"I am going to keep the my mark." He glanced at her briefly. "You don't have to go on these quests if you do not want to."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:36 pm

Azazel glances at Xhiero and smirks. "Such a softy."

"If you are determined to do this, I will not leave you to do it alone." She reaches over to pat his leg before downing the rest of her tea.
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:53 pm

"I can take care of myself." He looked at her seriously. He stuck his tongue out at her before drinking his tea.
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:03 pm

"I never said you could not," she replies with a scowl and sticks her tongue back out at him.
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:14 pm

"I'll try not to get kidnapped when you are not around." He kissed her and gathered up the glasses to wash in the kitchen.
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:42 pm

"You better." She watches as he walks away before resting her head in her hand. Bored.
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:58 pm

Xhiero walked back to the living room and flicks water at Azazel.

"You need to find something to entertain you. Try singing."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:31 am