Spirit-Chaser Strategy Guide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good luck!

+2
Xhiero/Val
Dungeon Master Orange
6 posters

RP Free for All: Chapter 16

Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

RP Free for All: Chapter 16 - Page 20 Empty Re: RP Free for All: Chapter 16

Post  Xhiero/Val Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:26 pm

"I make decisions that you wouldn't. Decisions that would have driven you up a wall if I were not our boyfriend." Xhiero sat down next to Azazel.

"I don't know what your true decisions are if you have to decide Lexa's fate. Most of me chose to spare her life because she is a child. I pity her life and I want her to have a second chance to live a life without Oghma involved." He cleared his throat and let out a quiet chuckle.

"Lucky me. I had a very kind mother and when I lost her. I was given another. I probably wouldn't have been quite the goody two shoes now if it were not for them."
    Etheyl Woodwell
    Etheyl Woodwell

Post  Etheyl Woodwell Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:39 pm

Etheyl bites her lip in concentration and eyes Lexa after handing her a towel. She got the gist of her apology, given the situation. We're on a boat. Can't exactly go buy the girl something right now.

Etheyl gets a determined look in her eyes. "Then we improvise! I'm no Xhiero, but maybe I can manage a bit of something with what we've got."

Etheyl leads Lexa into her own room and starts rustling through her (yet again) over-packed luggage. She had an almost excited look to her, like she's having fun with the new challenge.

"I always bring too much crap. Bags of holding are just enablers. I end up packing for different weather, even," she rambles, talking as much to herself as Lexa. Etheyl pulls out a somewhat long olive green coat, eyes it critically, and nods her approval. She then accosts Crumnley's luggage, pulling out a plain button-up and handing it to Lexa.

"You can probably wear this for now, so we can let your other clothes dry," she says cheerfully. Then, seemingly struck by inspiration again, she grabs a spare belt, cuts it down with a dagger, pokes some new holes, and hands it to her. "If you want it," she says with a shrug.

"This," she says with a meaningful shake of the coat, "I'll see if I can turn into a dress that'll fit you! I can't really make much from scratch, but it shouldn't be hard to alter this."

The determined look still burning, she shuffles off to find a sewing machine.
    Sure the del Mar's room has one...
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:41 pm

Azazel stands up and wraps her arms around Xhiero, hugging him tightly. "There is nothing wrong with making different choices. I do not fault you for it. I love you, even if you do have a stricter moral compass than I do." She smirks. "I wish I had been able to meet your mothers, so that I could have commended them on raising such a good man."

"Were it just I in that room, I probably would have killed her," she says quietly and rests her chin on his shoulder. "But I knew no one would be happy with that choice. Etheyl would have been furious. Val probably would have been too, when he found out. And you."

"There are very few people I put ahead of myself. Three of them care for the girl, so I did nothing."

Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:49 pm

"I had a feeling you would have. A part of me wanted to do it as well." Xhiero smiled weakly and shifted his eyes away.

"I couldn't help but think of myself in her situation. Would I have wanted to live or die at that very moment."
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:51 pm

Lexa laughs silently and obediently pulls on the shirt and belt on. As Etheyl bustles out of the room, she chews her bottom lip suddenly feeling unsure.

No one really seemed to actually enjoy her presence, and she was beginning to feel increasingly guilty about forcing it on people... but Etheyl was attempting to make a dress for her, maybe she wouldn't mind too much.

With a deep breath she nervously follows behind Etheyl wondering what exactly a sewing machine looked like.
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:57 pm

"I was surprised you had put the choice in my hands." She kisses his cheek and moves to sit back in her chair. "Unfortunately, being bound to someone again, god or not, does not sit well with me. It was hard to think past my need to just get free."

She shakes her head and rests her chin in her hand. "It does not matter now. It is done. And hopefully we can all be free after Cyrril figures out what we need to find."

"Though I am curious." She shifts to study Xhiero. "You want her to have a chance at life, but as you have said, she is but a child. Where would she go? Or were you planning on raising her?"
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:02 pm

Xhiero smirked as he grabbed her hand and pulled her closer to him.

"You are bound to me now, just as I am bound to you." He turned away to laugh at the cheesiness but he couldn't help to play around.

Xhiero sighed at her last question.

"We both are not good with children, especially around them. Raising her would be out of the question for me." He frowned. "I thought that after she is freed we could find her a home. There must be someone who can take care of her...if not then I can leave her with Dorian."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:10 pm

"I had no idea you were into that kind of thing. Being bound," she wiggles her eyebrows at him and laughs.

Her expression turns more serious as she considers Lexa. "I think a family would be better than being alone in your castle. Perhaps other children for her to play with. But I suppose it would be up to her in the end."

Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:16 pm

Xhiero eyes widen at Azazel as his face turned red. He coughed to clear his throat.

"Yes, the castle was the last option. Who would take her in if Cyril can really break the bonds to Oghma. What if we introduced her to Metah. They both are children and Metah would glad take up on the quest in the name of justice." He chuckled.
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:22 pm

Azazel grins broadly at his blush, but doesn't comment on it.

"That could be an option. Having both of the children I know condensed into one area would be convenient."
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:26 pm

"We shouldn't plan too far ahead into the future until we are actually free." He stared at the mark on his hand before dropping it onto the counter.

"Lucky Susan and Val. Being on vacation far away from trouble must be nice..."
    Etheyl Woodwell
    Etheyl Woodwell

Post  Etheyl Woodwell Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:30 pm

Etheyl came upon the del Mar's vacant room. She catches Lexa out of the corner of her eye, and gives her a sheepish smile, happy that she followed along despite Etheyl bustling out of the room so quickly that she forgot to say anything.

Etheyl enters Zieffar and Ameilia's room, chuckling at how quickly they had made their room more...homey. Warm cloth was hung up to hide the wooden ship walls and some tasteful rugs broke up the deck. And, naturally, the room was furnished with elegant-yet-practical furniture to match.

A desk sat at one corner of the room with some scattered books and papers, but these were pushed aside to make room for a sewing machine. Slung over the accompanying chair was what seemed to be a half-finished captain's coat. She snickered again. Guess his hat wasn't enough.

Etheyl dragged an armchair closer to the desk for Lexa and carefully set the coat aside. Etheyl was also pleased to find a mostly empty notebook with a fanciful cover. Inside were just very rough sketches and plans for the coat. She pulled them out, tucked them under the sewing machine for the couple, and handed the notebook and pen to Lexa with a smile. All settled in, she set about using Lexa's previous slightly soggy dress to mark and pin out some measurements on the coat.

As she works, her smile falters a little. She pauses her work. Finally she sighs and looks up at Lexa while idly picking her work back up.

"Who all has this binding mark?"
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:31 pm

"Their timing was rather convenient," Azazel mutters. "Perhaps it is our turn next. Run far away from anyone that would be likely to bring trouble to us."
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:33 pm

"Where would we go?" Xhiero leaned in closer to Azazel and smiled.

"Where would Azazel go on vacation? Has she ever been on vacation?"
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:39 pm

Lexa frowns slightly and quickly writes her response.

[There is myself, of course, as well as Ms. Azazel, Mr. Xhiero, Mr. Val, Ms. Susan, and Mr. Leo.]
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:42 pm

"I do not think I have," she frowns. "Before you I just worked to stay busy."

"I am torn between a secluded island somewhere, surrounded by crystal clear waters. Or somewhere with snow. Though I suppose if we go too secluded there would be no nights out."

Azazel turns to Xhiero after she snaps out of her thoughts. "What about you? What sort of place would you like to see?"

Last edited by Azazel Morgenstern on Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:50 pm

"I..I don't really have any preference." He frowned knowing Azazel would get frustrated with him. "Anywhere is fine as long as you are there with me."

Xhiero prods at his half eaten sandwich.

"Secluded island, we can swim to stay cool. Someplace cold...I get to hug you to keep you warm."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:59 pm

Azazel smirked and shakes her head. "Because you can not hug me now?"

"Considering we live right next to a beach, perhaps the snow would be a more interesting change of scenery."

She eyes him as he pokes his sandwich. "You should eat. Did you even heal yourself after the fight?"
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:03 pm

He looked down at this sandwich and put it to his mouth to take another bite.

"Oh, that's right. I forgot about that..." Xhiero muttered to himself sudden feeling the exhaustion catch up to him. He leaned over towards Azazel and pecks her on the cheek. Slyly healing her injuries.
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:09 pm

Azazel rolls her eyes. "Thank you, love. But that is not healing yourself."

She runs her hand through his hair, and watches as the exhaustion hits him. "Would you like to lay in bed? Take a nap perhaps?"
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:14 pm

"I am fine." He placed his hand over her's and entwined his fingers between her's. Xhiero pulled her hand down towards his lips and kissed it.

"I should make dinner for later." He smiled and grabbed a pot to boil some water.
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:16 pm

Azazel sighs, "Stubborn."

"Do you need help?"
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:23 pm

He turned to look at her with a smile.

"Are you going to surprise me with another splendid dish?" He pulled out a box of noodles and ingredients.

"Just making your favorite food."
    Etheyl Woodwell
    Etheyl Woodwell

Post  Etheyl Woodwell Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:23 pm

Etheyl looks surprised. "I didn't realize Uncle Leo was bound. I guess the terms of it are a little more complicated than I expected."

Etheyl sighs. "That's a few more than I realized. I asked because I was wondering if...you know if the mark can be transferred." She looks up and Lexa earnestly. "I've already said I want to help you through this and get you out alive if I can. I'd happily take someone else's mark if they despise their promise so much! Hell, all of them," she trailed off. She sighed and hid her eyes, feeling a horrible guilt at having spoke such heated words about her friends. "This Cyrill is offering an out. I can't trust him. Such...concentrated hate can't just be forgotten. Even if he is offering the others a legitimate way out, I can't imagine it's safe for you. If he breaks your link, he wins, but if you die in the process? He still wins. Even if it's only your god he hates, he certainly does care about you. I didn't even know the others...hated it so much. That they would even think..."

Etheyl trailed off. She had finished measuring for the alterations and was getting ready to start the sewing.
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:27 pm

"Ah." She frowns. "I had read about how to make that, but it seemed.. complicated. Perhaps it is best if I stay over here."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 9:43 pm