Spirit-Chaser Strategy Guide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good luck!

+2
Xhiero/Val
Dungeon Master Orange
6 posters

RP Free for All: Chapter 16

Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

RP Free for All: Chapter 16 - Page 21 Empty Re: RP Free for All: Chapter 16

Post  Xhiero/Val Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:30 pm

"Won't you get bored standing and watching?" He frowned and nudged her towards the door.

"Go find something to do. I'll bring it to you when I am done."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:34 pm

Azazel frowns and sticks her tongue out at Xhiero as she's shooed out of the kitchen.

Something to do. She wanders the ship a bit before making her way back up onto the deck. She sits on the edge and dangles her feet over the edge before pulling out a dagger and flipping it around.
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:43 pm

Xhiero stuck his tongue back at her as she left.

He turned back to the kitchen to cook mac and cheese. Occasionally staring at the oven and debating with himself if he wanted to bake a cake. The end resulting being that it would take too much energy he let the idea pass. Xhiero left the pot on the stove and rinse out the dishes before heading to Azazel's room with a tray.

"She's not here...must be on deck." He set the tray down and wandered into the bathroom with a first aid kit.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:48 pm

Frowning, Lexa stands and hugs Etheyl tightly, trying her best to be comforting. Pulling away she scribbles rapidly.

[Being bound to another against one's will is a difficult thing. Those who have already experienced such unpleasantness may be willing to do anything to escape such a fate again. Do not blame them, dealing with pain is a highly personal thing.]

She frowns continuing to write.

[I did not intend for our contract to extend beyond my escape from the temple. Had I known it would persist, had I known it would cause those kind people so much pain, I might have thought it better to stay there despite the fact that it would kill me. However, they saved me, and for that I shall endeavor to continue living.

As far as transferring the mark to another, you may be able to take one person's mark, but no more then that. However, I could not ask you to willingly bind yourself to me.]
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:02 pm

In the middle of one of Azazel's dagger flips, the boat hits a wave and she loses her balance. She grabs hold of the side, but her dagger goes overboard and she stares down into the water with a frown. "Damn it. I liked that one."

She quickly jumps into the water and swims down to grab the dagger before teleporting back onto the ship, clothes completely soaked through. "I wonder if dinner is done.." she wonders absentmindedly and heads down into the kitchen, leaving a trail of sea water behind her.

Frowning at the empty kitchen, she grabs a fork and takes a bite of pasta out of the pot. "I wonder where he went."
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:09 pm

Xhiero pulled off his shirt and gently ran a hand over his chest where there was signs of frostbite.

"I rather be stabbed then get hit by magic..." He frown and opened the med kit. Digging through for some ointment to dab over the nasty injuries. When he was done, his hand drifted over the roll of bandages and attempted to wrap himself up.

"Dammit." He hissed as the wrapping kept falling or loosening. Xhiero continue try again, forgetting the amount of time that had passed.
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:17 pm

As Azazel stands there nibbling at the mac and cheese, waiting for Xhiero to reappear, a little puddle of water forms at her feet. She shifts in place and slips, almost falling. "Perhaps I should change.."

She carefully shuffles her way back to her bedroom and hears swearing coming from the bathroom. "Xhiero?" She peeks into the bathroom and frowns at what she sees.

Biting her tongue against the scolding she wants to give him, she instead asks, "Do you need help?"
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:40 pm

"No, I got this." He glared into the mirror and continued messing with the bandages. Giving up and tying a knot he turned to Azazel and examined her clothes.

"Go for a swim?"
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:48 pm

Azazel sighs at his refusal to let her help and retreats back into the bedroom. "I dropped my dagger in the ocean."

Moving to her dresser, she strips off her wet clothes and pulls on some dry ones.
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:50 pm

Xhiero followed her back into the bedroom with a towel and draped it over her body before she changed into dry clothes.

"You will catch a cold if you don't dry yourself off first." He hugged her from behind and kissed her cheek before digging for his own clothes.
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:58 pm

"I do not think you are the one to talk, Mr. Frostbite." Azazel makes a face, but obediently dries off before pulling on some clean clothes.
    Etheyl Woodwell
    Etheyl Woodwell

Post  Etheyl Woodwell Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:01 am

Etheyl nodded slowly as she read Lexa's writing, thinking it over. "No, you're right. Azazel probably didn't understand the extent of the whole quest. Or any of them, I mean. It might have seemed like a one-and-done...maybe a little jaunt through a single abandoned temple at most. And I've lived a...privileged...life by most standards, but even more so compared to what all of you have faced. It's...different from the outside. In that place with the scrying basin, when they actually considered...ending it there, all I could think was, 'But you all agreed to this! She cannot be the one to pay for your broken promises.'"

She started feeding the coat through the machine as she read further. However, upon reaching the last sentence, the clacking of the machine stopped as she laughed gently. She tapped it on the paper as she gave Lexa a tender smile.

"That isn't something you need to ask. I've already bound myself to you, in my own way, and entirely of my own will. I've thought of you--without your permission, I'm afraid--as my friend, and that means I will already do anything in my power to help and protect you." Still smiling, the rhythmic clack resumes as Etheyl starts up the sewing maching again. "The mark would just be a formality. If I free someone else from pain in the process, all the better."
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:10 am

"That is a nice nickname, although frostbites are not very attractive." He chuckled and pulled on a casual shirt. Xhiero walked over to the bed and sat down on the edge and watched her.

"I made got you a tray of food, but I forgotten the time while bandaging..."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:17 am

"That is what you were doing all this time?" Azazel frowns as she moves to grab the bowl of mac and cheese and takes a bite. "Why did you not ask for help?"
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:21 am

Lexa writes as Etheyl speaks, the nice thing about not having a voice is that you can't exactly talk over people.

[I do not blame them for considering that option, I cannot. I have been a great burden upon them, a burden they did not wish for. That seems to be a theme with me.] She smiles sadly before continuing to write.

[Despite all that, they still saved me. They've protected me despite how much they dislike having me around. If they had chosen to end it there I would not have been angry, sad perhaps, but not angry. I owe them my life.]

As Etheyl asserts that they are friends, Lexa's tail begins to twitch excitedly and she beams up at her, excitedly writing as quickly as possible.

[I do not recall if anyone has called me their friend before!] Her smile seems to stretch across her whole face, but her expression soon becomes serious once more as her pen resumes its journey across the paper.

[Very well, if you truly wish to take this burden, I will not stop you. However, please be aware that it could be dangerous, or painful. I do not wish for it to take you by surprise as it did the others. Although, I would prefer that no one be bound to me.]
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:22 am

"Because I....am stubborn."

RP Free for All: Chapter 16 - Page 21 824a4b2f557de1865ede5f38207c4daa.jpg
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:26 am

"Tell me something I do not know," she says with a smirk.

"Though I wish you would stop hiding your injuries from me. I can not just walk up and cast a heal like you can." Azazel frowns and stabs at a noodle. "Helping you bandage your wounds is the least I can do. I do not like it when you are hurt."
    Etheyl Woodwell
    Etheyl Woodwell

Post  Etheyl Woodwell Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:48 am

With the twitching tail and wide grin, Lexa's happiness warmed Etheyl's heart, and she happily returns the smile. The quick mood change saddened her at first, but upon seeing her words Etheyl understood. She set her project aside and turned in her chair, ensuring Lexa that she had her attention.

"I'll make sure I know as much as I can about the mark in a moment. Though I can't speak in the others' stead, I don't believe they dislike you, or even having you around. It is completely true that they dislike children, and they've never hidden that, so there may always be a certain distance they hold you at. But they've accepted your presence to this point not only due to their marks, but because you're nothing like their image of the snot-nosed brat who has no skills besides annoying you and being demanding. What you told me," Etheyl said tapping at Lexa's earlier writing, "about being beholden to another...that is what they resent. The lack of choice, and following orders from an absentee god. It isn't Lexa that they hate." Etheyl frowns. "Though I know in your case that's a difficult distinction to make, being his vessel. Maybe its difficult for them too."

"That tangent aside, I'll bet we'll both feel better about my taking the mark if I know what I'm signing up for. Like you said: No surprises. Do you mean that the mark itself will be painful and dangerous, or the journeys we'll have to go on?"
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:56 am

Lexa considers this question thoughtfully for a moment before finally beginning to write.

[In a way, both things are dangerous. Primarily, I was speaking about the journeys. The mark itself, should not cause discomfort unless the terms of the bond are broken. For example, if one of you were to try and harm me without Oghma's permission, or if I am a certain distance away from at least one person bearing the mark. In cases such as those, the mark may cause pain until the broken bond is repaired.]
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:57 am

"I would say not to worry about me because I will be fine, but last time I said that I died." He narrowed his eyes at her and sighed.

"Fine, I'll let you know if I am injured and if I need help." Xhiero rest his head on his hand and looked off to the side. "May be I will consume potions if they tasted more like candy."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:00 am

"You mean you do not enjoy the cough syrup they taste like now? Shocking." Azazel sets her bowl aside and moves to lean against Xhiero. "Perhaps you can infuse healing potions into candies. All the benefits of a potion, but the flavour of a piece of candy."
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:11 am

"I was thinking about that. I'll have to play around with potions when I head back to the Del'Mars." He made a chuckling sound and leaned his head over Azazel's.

"What to do now."

Etheyl Woodwell
    Etheyl Woodwell

Post  Etheyl Woodwell Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:18 am

Etheyl thinks for a moment.

She gestures at Lexa's page. "Feel free to correct me whenever I'm wrong or start writing whenever. Hopefully I won't give you writer's cramp," she says with an apologetic smile.

"From what I can tell, part of the trial of this thing is that we don't...know what we're doing before you get his new missive, so questions about that aren't going to go very far. So as a result, we're don't exactly have specifics on what completes the contract and removes the mark."

"But on that note, our current goal, if I'm on track, is to help you locate a series of artifacts important to Oghma. We've yet to get anything specific from him, however."

With a bit of a grumble, Etheyl goes on. "You've mentioned the issue of one of us staying with you, and not harming you. Just so I know: what are the other conditions that will consider the bond broken, and, worst case...the penalty?"

Etheyl picked up another pencil from the desk just to tap against her lips as she thought.

"I'm sure there's more, but that's what I got for the moment."
    Azazel
    Azazel
    The Executioner

Post  Azazel Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:21 am

"Good question." Azazel moved to wrap her arms around Xhiero's waist, but quickly stopped and dropped her hands, remembering his injuries. She sighs and falls back onto the bed.

"You can tell me a story," she looks up at him with a grin.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:27 am

Lexa considers this a moment before continuing to write.

[There are surprisingly few actual rules in place for the bond. I am sure you won't be shocked to hear that Oghma is not always the most hands on deity. Besides harming me, or leaving me, as far as I am aware, the only other ways to violate the bond would be to either refuse to help accomplish the objective, or worse, to actively try and prevent me from doing so.

Such infringements upon the contract would be met first with extreme pain, then loss of the limb that has been marked, and then eventually, death, if the situation is not rectified.

As for my lord's goal, his motivation is and always will be making knowledge available to all.]

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:45 am