Spirit-Chaser Strategy Guide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good luck!

+8
Mia Ophelia DuCour
Craze
Susan Evensong
Limbo von Vechtan
Xhiero/Val
Leopold von Vechtan
Dungeon Master Orange
DM Audra
12 posters

Welcome to Kevash.

DM Audra
    DM Audra
    You Are Not Prepared.

Welcome to Kevash. Empty Welcome to Kevash.

Post  DM Audra Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:07 am

Welcome to the seaside city of Kevash. Previously a meager town of little renown, the now sprawling port city is the capital of The Palavine Dominion.

The city and Dominion both owe much of its growth to those fleeing the Elven Conclave during the war with the dwarven Ironwrought Empire. Due to its close proximity to Gold'are a large percentage of the Dominion is elven, however the active ports found throughout the country, especially in Kevash (the biggest port of them all), ensure a steady stream of all races (and gold) flow through its lands.

Governed by the King and The Council of the Triad, a group of three advisers that are experts in their respective fields of diplomacy, intelligence, and war. The Palavine Dominion's government has managed to find a delicate balance of laws lax enough to encourage the constant growth of it's Trade District, yet just strict enough to maintain order. This balance is upheld by the Sentinel Order, the county's stalwart defenders. A step above your average guard, a Sentinel is trained to deal with higher risk issues that may prove troublesome for a city's common guardsman.

Though as in any city, especially those that receive high traffic from the seas, Kevash has its own seedy underbelly. Thieves prowl in the Trade District, pirates throw down anchor in the docks, and bandits roam the sprawling countryside. It's not uncommon for guards to outsource minor issues to adventurers passing through the town via job boards posted in the Citadel District.

Daily Life and the Atmosphere of Kevash (Optional information):

This is where your group finds themselves, standing before the job board finding meager offerings not really worth your time. You're about to return to your inn to hopefully hunt down some rumors when a well dressed man approaches your group. He's a short and round fellow in a suit, though the coattails extend farther down than the norm. His suit may be well made, but it was clearly not made for him. His face is flushed and he does his best to look down at you, despite his short stature.

"Excuse me. Would you happen to be... 'adventurers' seeking employment." The man spits out the word 'adventurers' like its something filthy.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Welcome to Kevash. Empty Re: Welcome to Kevash.

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:54 pm

Zieffar watches the portly man for a few moments, analyzing him. He gives his wife, Ameilia, a glance. Well, we are certainly all too familiar with his type, aren't we? She smiles and rolls her eyes, keeping her grip on Zieffar's arms. The wizard visibly adjusts his own perfectly tailored suit, and puts on a smile.

"Why yes, in fact I am indeed an adventurer," Zieffar says, with pride and the tiniest drop of venom, "My name is Zieffar del'Mar, how may I be of service?"
    DM Audra
    DM Audra
    You Are Not Prepared.

Post  DM Audra Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:44 am

The man's face, unbelievably, reddens even further at your apparent pride in your occupation and sniffs in disdain. However, your fine dress, lovely wife, and clear dignified manner cows him somewhat. He further straightens his posture before addressing you,

"Oh. Well, good." He clears his throat and begins a clearly practiced introduction. "My name is Oswald Bonner, seneschal to Lord Edric Tyne. My Lord has had something that he holds utmost dear stolen from him by a thieving scoundrel. He feels a private party, such as yourselves, would have greater success in returning it to him unharmed. My Lord is more than willing to pay you a most generous sum for its prompt retrieval." He can't seem to control the slight sneer as he mentions your reward. He pulls an envelope from his coat pocket and holds it out to you. "All the details we have are in this envelope if you believe yourself up to the task."

Open the Letter:

Last edited by DM Audra on Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:02 pm

Do we have an exact address listed in the letter, or is it a .. "you will know it when you see it" sort of situation?
    DM Audra
    DM Audra
    You Are Not Prepared.

Post  DM Audra Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:08 pm

I edited the letter to include an address.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:32 pm

Zieffar reads over the letter, and pockets the letter in his suit. "We will certainly consider the offer, thank you." The wizard nods a goodbye, and begins to walk away when he turns back towards the short man. "Tell me, Mr. Boenner, what exactly did the painting look like?"

I kinda wonder if we should head to a bar or somewhere and figure out if this address is.. notorious for any reason. What kinda people are at the house. Cause, while going at night souuuuunds like a good plan, I don't want to get accused of a burglary either without realizing it.
    DM Audra
    DM Audra
    You Are Not Prepared.

Post  DM Audra Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:47 pm

Mr. Bonner bristles and sputters at your undoubtedly intentional mispronounciation of his name before gaining his composure enough to answer you, "It is a very large portrait of a man in an ornate, gilded golden frame. It's rather grisly looking if you ask me, but the best artists often push the envelope." He looks down his nose and sniffs haughtily. "Though I'm sure you're much to busy adventuring to have any experience with fine art."

He turns away, effectively dismissing Zieffar.

As an aside, just because Zieffar and Ameilia seem to be heading to a tavern/inn doesn't mean everyone has to follow. Those of you that haven't posted yet can still talk to Mr. Bonner if you wish or explore the town. I will keep responding to posts until someone hits a major plot point/road block that would require everyone in the party. Once we hit one of those I'll give everyone a day or two to answer before I just progress with whoever is here.
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Speed Racer

Post  Leopold von Vechtan Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:50 am

i'm here now lol

goddamnit ------------------------> looks crazy

i'll fix it tomorrow
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:15 am

A figure cloaked in a tattered brown cloak walked past the conversation and made his way to the tavern. He entered the tavern and settled down at a small table at the far corner of the room. A waiter approached him, "What can I get for you, sir?" Xhiero slightly pulled the cloth that covered the bottom half of his face and answered, "Just a slice of cake." The waiter raised his eyebrows, but nodded before getting Xhiero's order.
    (I like this smilie...yes... bounce )
    Limbo von Vechtan
    Limbo von Vechtan

Post  Limbo von Vechtan Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:00 pm

Dungeon Master Orange wrote:"Tell me, Mr. Boenner, what exactly did the painting look like?"

Ameilia's ladylike composure cracks as she nearly snorts her coffee purchased from some vendor down the way. She shoves Zieffar accusingly without removing her hand from his arm, gently clearing her throat and hiding her grin with another sip of her beverage. Hehe. Boners. Oh, we are so mature.

"At least her pretty much got the fine art part right," Ameilia mutters to Zieffar as they turn to make their way to a fine gossip-rich establishment. "It is odd he specifically mentioned time in his letter though. It's as if he's suggesting thievery without directly condoning it and implicating himself."

AHH EXPERIENCE BAR. I'll have to remove that at some point. This is my repurposed DM account so it's still there from my campaign. I was proud of that thing. But ignore it for now! IGNORE IT.

Aw and my picture's all wonky too. SOON. FWEH.
    DM Audra
    DM Audra
    You Are Not Prepared.

Post  DM Audra Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:32 pm

Xhiero wrote:A figure cloaked in a tattered brown cloak walked past the conversation and made his way to the tavern. He entered the tavern and settled down at a small table at the far corner of the room. A waiter approached him, "What can I get for you, sir?" Xhiero slightly pulled the cloth that covered the bottom half of his face and answered, "Just a slice of cake." The waiter raised his eyebrows, but nodded before getting Xhiero's order.
    (I like this smilie...yes... bounce )

A little old orc woman hustles back to Xhiero's table with a huge slab of cake. "Welcome to the Knight's Rest, love." She glances over Xhiero's frame. "Oy! Look at you! You look like death! Worry not, we'll fix you right up we will. You eat that cake, on the house. I'll fix you up something proper in the meantime." She pats Xhiero's hand and hurries off listing off numerous foods before he can even get a word in edgewise.
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Speed Racer

Post  Leopold von Vechtan Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:37 pm

Zieffar and Ameilia make their way back to the Knight's Rest inn, to meet back up with Xhiero the rest of their party. The wizard waves to his donkey, Baphomet who is stabled outside, and than walks inside to the warm interior of the tavern.

Whoa. Found yourself a sweet thing, didn't you Xhiero? He walks over and sits down across from the reaper, curling up to Ameilia in the booth. "My dear, may I get a a hot cider when you get a chance?" he calls to the innkeeper.

Zieffar than takes the letter out of his coat, and passes it towards Xhiero. "Friend, take a look at this."

Open the Letter:

Zieffar turns and calls back to the innkeeper. "Also, may I ask you something when you have a moment?"

Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:24 pm

Welcome to Kevash. Yuri_skit_4_originally_5_by_mykawaiiricebalpanda-d4j0g5n

Not again... He let out a sigh as the old, orc lady left before he could protest. His attention quickly shifted to the Del'Mar entering the Knight's Rest and joining him at the table. Xhiero's eyes shifted down the the enclosed letter that Zieffar slid towards him. After reading the letter he placed it back on the table and looking at Zieffar. "I take it you are interested in this job offer?"

"I suppose I will come along if you two are." Xhiero mumbled. The money could help him restock on cooking supplies that he had used up making sure the Del'Mar and Baphomet were eating properly on their journey.
    DM Audra
    DM Audra
    You Are Not Prepared.

Post  DM Audra Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:19 am

The innkeeper comes back out to your table in record time with a huge serving tray balanced on one arm. She places a huge mug of hot cider and a basket of sweet rolls, "For the table" she says, in front of Zieffar.

She keeps her attention on Zieffar as she begins to unload the rest of the plates in front of Xhiero. "What can I do for you, loves?"

First there's an entire loaf of bread.

Followed by a steaming bowl of stew.

Then another slice of cake.

A platter of nachos.

And a pitcher of ale.

Leopold von Vechtan
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Speed Racer

Post  Leopold von Vechtan Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:41 am

Zieffar looks at the wave of food and drink that begins to cover the table. He raises his stein of cider, and smiles at the old innkeeper, "Thank you, dear. This is the best treatment I ever got at a tavern, and I used to be a duke."

Welcome to Kevash. 200

The wizard takes a big sip, and drags the platter of nachos towards him, rescuing them from his adopted son who appears to have never seen nachos in his life. "Say..miss. About that question I had. Have you heard anything about this address written on this letter? Good, bad, anything at all? Anything could help us out."

Might as well thrown in a persuasion check I guess?

+2 to Charisma, but no proficiency.

Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:41 am

The member 'Zieffar del'Mar' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    Welcome to Kevash. Forumdice9
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:56 am

Welcome to Kevash. Hood12

"Thank you ma'am, for your generosity." Xhiero bowed at the old orc lady before her attention was turned to Zieffar. He let out a sigh of relief when Zieffar pulled the plate of nachos away. Meanwhile the two talked, Xhiero helped himself to the sweet rolls, stew, and two slices of cake before washing it all down with some hot cider and ale. "That was delicious." he smiled.

(Princely manners urgh)
    DM Audra
    DM Audra
    You Are Not Prepared.

Post  DM Audra Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:06 am

The woman beams at Xhiero's apparent gusto for food, reaffirming her initial thoughts that the poor boy must have been starved. She turns her attention to the letter and skims it until she finds the address.

"Pendragon Lane..." she murmurs to herself in thought. "I'm afraid I can't tell you much about the specific address, but Pendragon Lane itself is considered neither the good nor bad part of the Residential District. Most thieves stick to the docks, but I suppose a good one may be comfortable there. And someone that stole from Lord Tyne would have to be good."

She hands you back your letter. "I'm sorry I couldn't be of more assistance, loves, but if you find yourself needing anything else, you let me know." She smiles at your group, gathers up the now empty plates, and heads back into the kitchen.
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Speed Racer

Post  Leopold von Vechtan Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:23 am

Zieffar finishes his meal(s) and sits back. Staring at the ceiling for a bit, he gets business-like with his party. "Friends, I say we head to this.. Pendragon lane first thing the morning. But until than, let us enjoy this tavern and get a good night's sleep."

The wizard scoots out of the booth, and reaches out to his wife to aid her out of the booth as well. He turns to the innkeeper, places a generous tip on the table, and says goodnight to the elderly innkeeper. They head upstairs and find their rooms. Zieffar changes in to his red bathrobe, says goodnight to the rest of his party, and closes the door to his room.

This is essentially me gathering the party and venturing forth..!
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:42 am

Xhiero watched as the couple scooted out of the booth and headed upstairs. "I think I will linger around a bit. I am not quite tired yet. Have a good night." He bowed to them and watched as they disappeared into their room. Xhiero turned the opposite direction of the rooms and walked towards the tavern's exit. He could sense a few lost souls that needed to be collect in the vicinity.
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Speed Racer

Post  Leopold von Vechtan Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:03 am

Zieffar walks down in his bathrobe, looking for the old innkeeper. "My dear, may I get a bottle of wine? And, my god! Forgive my manners, my dear.. but I never got your name! How selfish of me."

Noticing the reaper stepping out the door, he turns to him and calls out. "Xhiero!" the wizard says, with a much more serious tone, ".. if you need us, you know where we are. Do not hesitate, friend."
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:19 am

He waved his hand at Zieffar, acknowledging the offer before disappearing out the door. Xhiero studied the quiet streets before walking towards Pendragon Lane. He seemed to be drawn towards that direction. Perhaps he could find some clues in the mean time.
    DM Audra
    DM Audra
    You Are Not Prepared.

Post  DM Audra Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:25 am

Zieffar del'Mar wrote:Zieffar walks down in his bathrobe, looking for the old innkeeper. "My dear, may I get a bottle of wine? And, my god! Forgive my manners, my dear.. but I never got your name! How selfish of me."

The old innkeeper looks up from her work at the bar and smiles at you with a knowing smile. "Of course, love, my name is Zemi. How rude of me not to introduce myself! Now, you kids have fun." She grabs a chilled bottle of wine from beneath the counter and hands it to you with a wink.

Xhiero wrote:He waved his hand at Zieffar, acknowledging the offer before disappearing out the door. Xhiero studied the quiet streets before walking towards Pendragon Lane. He seemed to be drawn towards that direction. Perhaps he could find some clues in the mean time.

The sun has finally set as you step outside and the night's cool breeze carries the scent of the sea to you. As you wander aimlessly through the streets collecting wayward souls, you find yourself on Pendragon Lane in the Residential District. All is quiet aside from the faint hum coming from the dimly glowing sagestone lanterns lining the street.

You come to a stop in front of a two story house with a perfectly manicured lawn. It's flanked by other houses built similarly with a tall wooden fence separating the lots. On the mailbox next to you, you find the number "192" painted in an elegant script. The house looks largely unremarkable to you.
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Speed Racer

Post  Leopold von Vechtan Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:34 am

"Thank you, Zemi." Zieffar smiles to the old orc, "and my name is Zieffar del'Mar. You have a good night."

With that, Zieffar nods at the innkeeper, and heads back to his room.

Welcome to Kevash. 200

Last edited by Zieffar del'Mar on Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:35 am

"192.." He mumbled under his breath, remembering the digits on the letter Zieffar had passed to him earlier. "The last place the painting was located." Xhiero quietly moved into the shadows and examined the home more closely.

Insight check

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:52 pm