Spirit-Chaser Strategy Guide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good luck!

+8
Mia Ophelia DuCour
Craze
Susan Evensong
Limbo von Vechtan
Xhiero/Val
Leopold von Vechtan
Dungeon Master Orange
DM Audra
12 posters

Welcome to Kevash.

Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Welcome to Kevash. - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome to Kevash.

Post  Xhiero/Val Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:36 am

Insight Check
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:36 am

The member 'Xhiero' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    Welcome to Kevash. - Page 2 Forumdice20
    DM Audra
    DM Audra
    You Are Not Prepared.

Post  DM Audra Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:44 am

You analyze the house for anything unusual and find nothing. The house is completely ordinary. Given the completely immaculate state of house's exterior, you would have to say that whoever lives here is very particular about things and requires order. There's a front door with a window beside. A small gravel path leads to what you imagine to be the backyard.

As you creep closer to the house, the hair on the back of your neck stands up. You can sense magic here, but it doesn't feel malicious in any way. Looking at the front door you see a very faint pulsation of energy around it. The door is warded.

Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:54 am

Sensing the magic emitting from the door, Xhiero hesitated. I should wait for the others... However the night provided more advantages to collect information from the home. Quietly Xhiero walked to the side of the home and attempted to find any openings through the windows to peek in.

Investigation: -1 wisdom

Last edited by Xhiero on Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:54 am

'd20' :
    Welcome to Kevash. - Page 2 Forumdice6
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:02 am

Seeing that there was not much left to find about the exterior of the home, Xhiero made his way back towards the area of the tavern. There was not much left to do at the late hour. The reaper decided to retire for the night and headed to his room at the tavern.

Welcome to Kevash. - Page 2 Tumblr10
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Speed Racer

Post  Leopold von Vechtan Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:36 am

Welcome to Kevash. - Page 2 Zieffa10

Courtesy of Sam Luu

Zieffar rushes downstairs in his bathrobe, holding the bottle of wine in one hand and his coat and cane in the other. "My mistake, Zemi, but it appears we are pulling an all nighter tonight! We will be back, my dear! Come Ameilia, we must catch up with the boy!"

Zieffar, barely throwing his coat over his robe, rushes out the door and heads towards Pendragon Lane.
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:42 am

Just as Xhiero laid down on his bed and closed his eyes. He heard a commotion from the room next door, Zieffar and Ameilia's room. "What are they up too now..." He groaned as he dragged himself out of bed and walked into the hallway. Just in time to catch a glimpse of Zieffar's bright red robe floating down the stairs.
    Welcome to Kevash. - Page 2 Tumblr11

"What in....wait what?!?! Zieffar!!! Get back here!" Xhiero grabbed Zieffar's clothes and chased after the couple. "I already returned from Pendragon Lane!"
    DM Audra
    DM Audra
    You Are Not Prepared.

Post  DM Audra Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:27 pm

Zemi shakes her head and chuckles as she watches your trio run out the door and into the night. "Ah, to be young again."

Zieffar's run through the Trade District catches some eyes, both interested and appalled. There will probably be gossip about this in the morning.

You slow your pace as you come up upon Pendragon Lane and make your way towards the house. Xhiero finds nothing different from his previous visit but an hour ago. Standing in the brisk night air (Zieffar's legs are starting to catch a chill.) you all stare up at the house thinking the same thing, "Now what?"
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Speed Racer

Post  Leopold von Vechtan Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:34 pm

Zieffar stares up towards the second floor, counting how many windows he can see, and checking to see if any have their blinds open.

No really, I wanna know about how many windows I can see on the second floor.

Perception! +1!

No proficiency!

Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:34 pm

The member 'Zieffar del'Mar' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    Welcome to Kevash. - Page 2 Forumdice19
    DM Audra
    DM Audra
    You Are Not Prepared.

Post  DM Audra Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:36 pm

Zieffar del'Mar wrote:Zieffar stares up towards the second floor, counting how many windows he can see, and checking to see if any have their blinds open.

No really, I wanna know about how many windows I can see on the second floor.

Perception! +1!

No proficiency!

You can see 3 windows on the second story from the front of the house. They are all dark and seem to have curtains blocking the view.
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Speed Racer

Post  Leopold von Vechtan Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:44 pm

Zieffar picks a window at random, and using his robe's sash as a catalyst, he casts ROPE TRICK. The sash lengthens to 60 feet, and climbs vertically in to the air by itself. Zieffar than climbs the rope, and checks to see if the window is unlocked.

Investigation? For good measure?

+4 and Proficiency to INVESTIGATION.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:44 pm

The member 'Zieffar del'Mar' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    Welcome to Kevash. - Page 2 Forumdice1
    DM Audra
    DM Audra
    You Are Not Prepared.

Post  DM Audra Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:07 pm

After having a bit of an ungraceful start, (robes are not made for climbing you learn) you scramble up the rope. Upon reaching your target window you stare at it for a moment then fumble (loudly) with the frame, before unceremoniously try to yank it open.

And... it works?

You weren't expecting it to be open and you yanked so hard that the window flies upward to into the frame with a loud BANG!

You pause. And listen. Nothing. You let out a sigh of relief.  

"Can I help you?"
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Leopold von Vechtan
    Speed Racer

Post  Leopold von Vechtan Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:16 pm

"Uh..... hello."

Zieffar looks for who called out to him.
    DM Audra
    DM Audra
    You Are Not Prepared.

Post  DM Audra Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:21 pm

Zieffar del'Mar wrote:"Uh..... hello."

Zieffar looks for who called out to him.

A man steps closer to the window and out of the shadows of the room, looking down at you.

"Good evening. Might I ask why you're hanging from my window?"
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:34 pm

Xhiero watched, or tired to watch, Zieffar climb towards the second story window. The old man wasn't as graceful as he thought and slammed the window open with a loud bang, instantly making Xhiero face palm. He still held Zieffar's clothes in the other hand.

Welcome to Kevash. - Page 2 Tumblr_m1z36gVvze1r9whr7
    "Younsters these days..." he sighed. Xhiero waited to see how the situation would go before taking any action.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:05 pm

Susan is irritated. For no readily apparent reason she has spent most of the day vomiting. Having finally recovered enough to join her party she discovers that they have run off in the middle of the night.
    Why am I even looking for these idiots?

She finally manages to locate them only to make the mistake of looking up and seeing far more of Zeiffar than she had ever wanted to. Suddenly she is feeling a bit nauseous again...

Idiots...

Collecting herself she shouts up to stranger in the window.

"Oh thank god! You've rescued my friend! I had warned him that having sex with his lady atop a dragon was a bad idea. But he was certain she'd leave him if he didn't find a way to spice up their love life. He can be a bit dull. Long story short, I helped him get access to a dragon, things went terribly wrong and now this idiot is stuck to the side of your house and owes me a great deal of money. If you could assist him in getting down he can get started on paying back his debt...."

Persuasion +6

Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:05 pm

The member 'Susan Evensong' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    Welcome to Kevash. - Page 2 Forumdice6
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:20 pm

Welcome to Kevash. - Page 2 Plnwxn10
    Xhiero felt very uncomfortable at Susan's words. None of his companions know he was a black dragon. He shook the idea from his mind and watched as she tried to persuade the man of the house. He may not believe her words at this rate.

The reaper stepped forward and attempted to convince the man himself. "Excuse me sir, I apologize for my...father's behavior. He had far too many drinks this evening and bolted out of the house in the middle of the night before I could stop him. Could you kindly help him from the side of your home?"

Persuasion: +2 prof and + 4 charisma

Last edited by Xhiero on Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:20 pm

'd20' :
    Welcome to Kevash. - Page 2 Forumdice18
    Limbo von Vechtan
    Limbo von Vechtan

Post  Limbo von Vechtan Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:03 pm

Zieffar del'Mar wrote:--"...Come Ameilia, we must catch up with the boy!"

Ameilia, after Zieffar took longer than expected to return, had curled into bed and was nearly asleep. Meaning that all she interpreted him saying was "Wake up." And she didn't like that idea. The plan was to go tomorrow morning!

"Uhm not even shure he sleeps, Zieffurr. He got a repper job. Is fine. Mm...take care of hisself."

Reaffirming her place in bed with a defiant snuggle, she starts to fall back asleep. But the bang of the door startled her to full awareness. There was a flash of red fabric dissapearing around the corner, with Xhiero standing at their door yelling down the staircase. Poor Xhiero then picked up Zieffer's clothing--oh god all his clothing--and fled after him.

Ameilia took a deep breath before scooting to the edge of her bed. Did her husband actually just run out nearly naked because he assumed someone was having an adventure without him?? One day it was just, "Hey, let's try being adventurers." Okay, why not, most of their friends had done it, let's try something new. Before you know it your husband streaks up and down the streets the first night in a new town. Oh, I let this midlife crisis get so out of control.

The still-loving wife sighed, smiled, and stood up to change out of her gown with as much speed as she could muster before following after the two men. She was slower than them, and arrived to see Xhiero's face in his hands, Susan---Susan? There she was!--yelling something about dragon sex as Zieffar, in his robe, hung suspended in the air just outside an open window.

"Oh my god maybe we are too old for this," she said to herself with a worried laugh.

Despite all this, she couldn't help but notice that Susan looked a lot...paler than normal. A bit sick, even.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:04 pm

Susan smirks mischievously at Xheiro. She isn't going to let it be that easy for Xhiero or Zeiffar. Not when she had to track them down in the middle of the night. Not when she feels this miserable. She needs to cause a little misery. She pats Xhiero on the back and begins chattering.

"Of course he needed to get drunk before trying to make love atop a dragon! Would you do that sober? No need to be embarrassed, the fact that your parents are still sexual beings is a beautiful thing. Wrinkley but still beautiful. Besides, how do you think you were conceived?
    DM Audra
    DM Audra
    You Are Not Prepared.

Post  DM Audra Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:35 pm

The man in the window remains silent as your group tries to explain what possible reason Zieffar has to be hanging outside his window in nothing but his bathrobe. It's clear he was pretty skeptical of your dragon sex excuse, but after hearing Xhiero's explanation and smelling wine on Zieffar's breath, he let's out a long, drawn out sigh.

He reaches behind him and flips on a light and offers Zieffar a hand to help pull him inside. "Come on, let's get you down from there."

Zieffar looks back at his party and shrugs. "Of course! Thank you." Zieffar than takes a large swig of wine from the bottle he is carrying, and steps inside the window. He pulls the magical sash down, and ties it back around his robe. "Have you any more wine by any chance?"

Zieffar and the man disappear into the house.

For Zieffar:

The front door of the house opens a minute or so later to reveal the man from the window and he beckons your party inside.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:48 pm