Spirit-Chaser Strategy Guide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good luck!

+2
Vasani
Dungeon Master Orange
6 posters

The Main Campaign!

Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

The Main Campaign! - Page 22 Empty Re: The Main Campaign!

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:41 am

The member 'Tabitha Oakenfleur' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 22 Forumdice15
    Vasani
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

Post  Vasani Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:04 am

Vasani looks up at Tabby and pouts.

The Main Campaign! - Page 22 Tumblr_m6i4tp9CWv1rziwwco1_500

He moved.

Spend however many healing surges till full.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:43 am

Tabitha Oakenfleur wrote:Torn between trying to talk to the mayor and inspecting the goblin-villager-beings...Tabby decides the latter. She goes up to some of the KO'd goblins--the two bystanders who got caught in the goop, if she can distinguish them--to see what she can see. Hopefully there would be some clue on how to undo this Goblin-magic...she didn't want to go into this blind. The last thing they needed was her accidentally spawning more of the green buggers.

Perception: +12

Then she remembers something. Turning to Vasani, she glowers at her, but still somewhat playfully. She knew she likely came off a bit mom-ish at times, at least to her more roughhouse neighbor, and had decided to play it up...of course, she was also genuinely concerned.

"Heal, Vasani."

Judging from their looks, they look (and smell) like any goblin you've seen. Ugh. But.. maybe..

You may use NATURE to further investigate the magic that created them!

Metah Fore wrote:Metah suddenly appears right next to the mayor.
    "HIIIIIIII!!!! Are you okay?!@ Where is everyone?!?!Did you see that magic stuff?!?!THAT WAS CRAZY!Do you see magic stuff like that all the time?!?! OH MY GOODNESS ARE THEY ALL GOBLINS?!?!"

"You are all Red Talon Scouts, from Red Terrace, aren't you? It is a miracle that you are here.. maybe the divines are still watching out for us.

"Regardless, I thank you greatly, but our town is still in need. Many of our townsfolk are being held captive, and need to be released. As you can see, it isn't hard for the goblin armies to replenish themselves. "

"I was held here when the goblins arrived, away from the rest of my village. Most of them can get riled up easily, so most likely they have the entire village grouped up together, which would call for a large enough structure to house the town.

"Perhaps a little chaos can drive away the goblins, or you can scare them off, or try fighting them one by one. Maybe even a combination of these things."
    "

"If I can provide help in anyway, just let me know."

Vasani Shepard wrote:Vasani looks up at Tabby and pouts.

The Main Campaign! - Page 22 Tumblr_m6i4tp9CWv1rziwwco1_500

He moved.

Spend however many healing surges till full.

The Main Campaign! - Page 22 Sad

Cameron seems to be the only one who noticed Vasani's incredibly depressing look on her face. I know that feeling, bro.

Behind the party, Zenith flies to the broken window, carrying what appears to be a scouting update from Phedre. The note reads..

"Goblins gathering in town center, getting antsy. Don't know what about.

Otherwise, nothing to report. Getting cold and boring. You guys coming back ever?

Also, noticed a bunch of cows and livestock outside. Who the hell leaves their cattle out in this weather AND at night? Poor cows look upset.

Zenith looks proud for delivering the message without knocking in to anything.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:12 pm

I made some changes to what Mr. Mayor says, the note Phedre wrote, and Zenith.
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:21 pm

Tabitha pats Vasani. There, there. Turning back, she frowns. First thing's first, I guess... She tentatively nudges a goblin with her boot, then, holding her breath, kneels down to investigate further.

Nature: +14
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:21 pm

'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 22 Forumdice10
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:25 pm

Dungeon wrote:The member 'Tabitha Oakenfleur' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 22 Forumdice10

YOU MADE THE HARD DC!

The second you start channeling natural magic, you immediately sense that what created the goblins was powerful magic. Far more powerful than anything a goblin could have created.. it reminds you of the other night when Jasper attacked Red Terrace.

You don't realize how much energy you are channeling, and a sudden burst of power causes roots to spring forth and return all the corpses back to the earth.

Well than.

At least the room is clean now?

Assorted stuff the goblins had on them is still scattered about.
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:36 pm

The Main Campaign! - Page 22 Tumblr_mc1xwgz7XM1r1s0yh

....Oops.

OH GOD. I didn't...did I...did I just kill those villagers?
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:39 pm

Tabitha Oakenfleur wrote:
    The Main Campaign! - Page 22 Tumblr_mc1xwgz7XM1r1s0yh

....Oops.

OH GOD. I didn't...did I...did I just kill those villagers?

The mayor approaches Tabitha, noticing her horrified face.

"Fear not, while I am saddened by their loss, there was no turning back from the curse placed upon them. They were brilliant engineers, but I know they had mentioned that they would rather be dead than be forced to help the goblins any further. They are most likely cheering you on from the afterlife.

All we can do is hope that no others face the same fate."

Mr. Mayor isn't the most reassuring character. He means well, though.
    Phedre nicEssus
    Phedre nicEssus
    Group Physician

Post  Phedre nicEssus Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:38 pm

sigh.

Phedre fidgeted on her branch, trying to find some better comfortable seat on the knobby tree.

Ugh, this waiting is for the birds.

Zenith gave her an affronted look. She just rolled her eyes at the bird and continued picking at the bark on the tree.

Moo.

Phedre looked down at the cattle below her tree. In the distance there was a crash, but she was entertaining herself by dropping leaves on to the cows. Zenith looked toward the sounds of battle. The bird flexed his wings and made small impatient noises wanting to take off. Looking back at his rider he found Phedre obliviously trying to drop leaves on the cows heads. Rolling his eyes he settled back on the branch.

As the cows moved off to another field (incidentally one that didn't drop foliage on them) Phedre grabbed a pen and paper from one of her saddle bags and scrawled a note. Watching Zenith clumsily fly off with the note Phedre returned to picking the bark off her branch and sighing heavily.
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:29 am

The Main Campaign! - Page 22 XpEVa
    Metah appears to be sitting in a corner mumbling to his/herself and thinking really hard.
    "Cows... building... people.... big building... cows... lost people..."

Suddenly Metah jumps up excitedly and runs to the mayor.

"Heeeeyyyy Mister May-or do you think the place you generally keep the livestock is big enough for all of your remaining townsfolk to be hidden in?"
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:46 am

Tabby, still a little dazed by her unintentional feat of druid-ism, looks at Meta with new respect. "That's...a good point," she says, cocking her head to the side as she, too, tries thinking. "I don't remember seeing a barn but I don't remember...not...seeing a barn. In any case I might check on those cows...it's weird, but I feel like...like they're trying to tell me something. I don't necessarilly mean in a druid way either...I'm not that good." Still, she stares warily at where the goblins used to be. Was she always able to do that...? "But anyway, something seems out of place about them."
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:10 am

Metah Fore wrote:The Main Campaign! - Page 22 XpEVa
    Metah appears to be sitting in a corner mumbling to his/herself and thinking really hard.
    "Cows... building... people.... big building... cows... lost people..."

Suddenly Metah jumps up excitedly and runs to the mayor.

"Heeeeyyyy Mister May-or do you think the place you generally keep the livestock is big enough for all of your remaining townsfolk to be hidden in?"

The mayor perks up. "Oh, yes! We do have a large barn, that must be where they are keeping the townsfolk!"

"Dear me, I am in no shape to fight.. I will only slow you down. Maybe I can try hiding somewhere. I fear what will happen when they discover their leader has been defeated and their primordial soup of evil has been spilled."

Your quest log has been updated!
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:17 am

"...Ew.

Erm...I mean...why not get on my crow? I dunno how many more goblins are running around on the ground, but Khord'll keep you out of harm's way."
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:49 am

Tabitha Oakenfleur wrote:"...Ew.

Erm...I mean...why not get on my crow? I dunno how many more goblins are running around on the ground, but Khord'll keep you out of harm's way."

The mayor thanks you, and climbs on Kord's back. Kord flies off to keep the mayor safe.

You can call Kord back if you need to ask the mayor any questions.

The Main Campaign! - Page 22 Town_h11

The Main Campaign! - Page 22 Woodsd10
    Vasani
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

Post  Vasani Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:05 am

Vasani climbs back out the window and moseys on over to the barn.
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:49 am

Tabitha starts to follow Vasani back out the window, but then remembers the goods left behind when she sent away the goblins, and scurries back to sift through it for anything useful or potentially valuable. She was far from a greedy person, but a hoarder...? Maybe. Though, to her, it was a genuine desire to be prepared for anything. Anything she couldn't use, she could trade to get something she could. Even if she didn't take everything with her, maybe she'd learn something from what these goblins felt compelled to carry with them...

She especially had her eye on that spellbook the Tomeripper had been chowing on. Hopefully it hadn't been...eh...composted with her earlier outburst. And wasn't covered in drool. That would be gross.

Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:49 am

'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 22 Forumdice13
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:14 am

Tabitha Oakenfleur wrote:Tabitha starts to follow Vasani back out the window, but then remembers the goods left behind when she sent away the goblins, and scurries back to sift through it for anything useful or potentially valuable. She was far from a greedy person, but a hoarder...? Maybe. Though, to her, it was a genuine desire to be prepared for anything. Anything she couldn't use, she could trade to get something she could. Even if she didn't take everything with her, maybe she'd learn something from what these goblins felt compelled to carry with them...

She especially had her eye on that spellbook the Tomeripper had been chowing on. Hopefully it hadn't been...eh...composted with her earlier outburst. And wasn't covered in drool. That would be gross.

YOU MADE THE HARD DC!

A few things catch your eye around the room: A TOMERIPPER'S RIPPED TOME lies where the goblin leader was, you notice a set of CRUDE BLUEPRINTS, and a miraculously un-crushed LOADED BLUNDERBUSS. Also you.. notice that apparently some mushrooms started popping up through the floorboards where the corpses were dragged away. Goodness, you hope the mayor doesn't mind his new.. uh.. vegetation.

You are alarmed by a noise. From the side room (the room to the LEFT on the map) you hear.. what seems to be pots and pans and plates clanging about? And smell something.. strange.

Vasani Shepard wrote:Vasani climbs back out the window and moseys on over to the barn.

Oddly enough, no one is guarding the large barn. Before you, however, is a crude goblin lock keeping the barn door shut.
    Vasani
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

Post  Vasani Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:15 am

Vasani bashes that shit open.

+5 Strength
    Vasani
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

Post  Vasani Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:16 am

Derp rolls.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:16 am

The member 'Vasani Shepard' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 22 Forumdice19
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:17 am

As Tabitha sorts through her loot, she hears a crash. Whelp, Vasani made it to the barn.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:59 am

Tabitha Oakenfleur wrote:As Tabitha sorts through her loot, she hears a crash. Whelp, Vasani made it to the barn.

That. You made the HARD DC.

You slam the barn door down with magnificent grace and strength, startling the crap out of the villagers gathered inside it. Most looked poised to ambush you with sharpened sticks and shovels.

"Wait.. you aren't goblin?"

It appears most of the villagers weren't restrained in any way, and were debating making an escape. However, you notice the majority are farmers, women and children. None of them looked particularly ready to fight. They do look ready to help in any way they can, though.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:56 am

Quest log updated!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:08 pm