Spirit-Chaser Strategy Guide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good luck!

5 posters

Boatversations

WonderingHero
    WonderingHero

Boatversations - Page 6 Empty Re: Boatversations

Post  WonderingHero Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:38 am

"Please let's just move along. Enough time has passed, the wounds have healed," Aden starts looking off to the side. "But that story id better insight into my past. You should feel honored to hear such a story."
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:44 am

"Surprisingly, I do." Susan chuckles slightly before downing her drink and pouring herself a new one.

"What shall we talk about now?"
    WonderingHero
    WonderingHero

Post  WonderingHero Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:48 am

He gives her a quizzical look before reverting back to his neutral smirk. "I would like a change in the mood please. A happy story if you will."
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:14 am

"I'm not great at... happy stories." Susan ponders this for a moment before brightening.

"Oh! There was that time with Vicktor Burroughs! Son Tanusia was being attacked... if I recall correctly it had actually been under attack for several days. Different villains were taking turns each day. Third day in we come across a man in a giant Mech Suit. The others immediately began trying to fight him, only to be unable to break through his armor.

I, however, was in awe at his amazing technical prowess. I immediately demanded an autograph, which he more than happily granted me. We actually had quite a pleasent conversation as the rest of the party ineffectively tried to destroy him.

I began telling him about how amazing he was, about how unappreciated by the other villains he was. I mean, why was he only allowed to attack on the third day in? Someone with his skill, with his genius should have been on the front lines! Imagine the impression he could have made! Now he was just destroying scrap, what a disgrace."

Susan shakes her head at this, almost as if she really was offended on his behalf.

"I suggested he come and work for me instead. Told him that he would always be on the front lines for... extremely hostile takeovers. That his genius would always be appreciated, and that his acts of destruction would usually be granted diplomatic immunity. He left the city willingly, with my business card clutched in one of his giant robotic hands.

Mother wasn't sure if she was furious or impressed when he called for an interview the next day... It was glorious."
    WonderingHero
    WonderingHero

Post  WonderingHero Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:19 am

"Sounds like my kind of battle plan," Aden jokes has his mood gets better. "If you can't beat them then join them!"
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:24 am

"Indeed." Susan laughs. "I've always preferred diplomacy to violence... Unlike the rest of my party. That is why our first meeting with Zieffar went so poorly."

She pauses to give Azazel a dirty look before turning and grinning at Aden again.

"I imagine you've used a great deal of diplomacy and deception."
    WonderingHero
    WonderingHero

Post  WonderingHero Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:31 am

"Naturally, anything to avoid pain," Aden says proudly. "If I can talk my way out of anything, I will always do that."
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:36 am

Suddenly seeming much more interested, Susan scoots a little closer.

"Well, tell me about one of the times you talked your way out of trouble. That is always interesting." She says with a grin.
    WonderingHero
    WonderingHero

Post  WonderingHero Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:29 am

Aden watches as Susan comes closer. "Honey, are you trying to trick me into doing something you want?" he asks and comes closer to her. He gets low to her eye level, "Because two can play that game." He smirks at her.

He stays like that for a few seconds before flopping back down on to the bed. "A story, where I talked my way out of trouble? I have so many." He continues to stare up at the roof, trying to decided on which situation he should tell. "I guess, I'll tell another story from my youth?"

"It was back in my twenties, I think I was 26 or something close. Anyway, I was starting to get the hang of thieving but I had yet to do any big heist, I thought it was best I stuck to small stuff, mostly pick pocking."

"I tended to choose my targets carefully, you know the ones that wouldn't really fight back and after awhile of doing that I sort of got cocky. I pit the pocket of a thief but not just any thief, oh no, it was the leader of a gang, a small one but something I wasn't used too. Of course, they were not to pleased with me."

"I got cornered at a tavern, spending the earnings I stole, when a group of men surrounded me. Everyone at the tavern were too afraid of the men so I had no one but myself to rely on, which at the time wasn't good as I wasn't much of a fighter then (not that I'm one now)."

"So there I was surrounded by several men all of them pointing a weapon of some sort at me and I was just sitting there, buzzed and unarmed. What was I supposed to do? Talk my way out of it, of course, though it didn't go to well in the beginning, so I had to resort to Plan B, flirting; which is now my Plan A."

"I don't know if you ever noticed this before but straight men tend to freak out when another guy flirts with them; this story takes place before I discovered I was bi. So anyway, I started off with the guy, who seemed a bit to eager to show off his manliness (I was suspecting that he was trying to hide that he was gay or had yet to realize it yet), he reacted just the way I had imagined over-the-top and full of gestures. He was swinging his dagger around as he tried to prove to his gang that he was a straight, strong man (he was a twig I have more muscle than him), his actions forced the other guys to back up and give me room."

"I then targeted everyone by shower them in all kinds of complements, many of which didn't deserve. While everyone was riled up I grabbed one of the guys' ass and made it look like it was the work of another which resulted in a brawl breaking out between everyone allowing me to slip outside unnoticed. It was an achievement I'm quite proud of." He puffs out his chest with pride.

Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:39 am

"Trick you?" Susan squeaks slightly backing up again as he invades her space.

However, the story soon has her scooting closer again as she listens with rapt attention. Eyes gleaming with amusement and mischief.

"Clever of you." She laughs. "Isn't it amazing how a few choice words... and in your case gropes apparently... can plunge everyone into chaos? Isn't that fun?" A delighted smile crosses her face.
    WonderingHero
    WonderingHero

Post  WonderingHero Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:45 am

Aden grins we Susan come back to him. "It sure is!" he boasts, "It also shows that power comes not from strength but from words and I like it like that."
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:52 am

"Yes! So much can be accomplished with just the right word in the right place. It is so satisfying, like solving a particularly challenging puzzle." She beams up at him.
    WonderingHero
    WonderingHero

Post  WonderingHero Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:54 am

"For me I enjoy the power words give me."
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:55 am

"Perhaps you should become a politician." Susan smirks.
    WonderingHero
    WonderingHero

Post  WonderingHero Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:57 am

"Just imagine it, me a politician," Aden pauses to think about it but quickly burst out laughing. "My people would be so fucked!"
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:00 am

"Imagine all of the interesting laws you could pass!" She chuckles. "Perhaps business man is more your style."
    WonderingHero
    WonderingHero

Post  WonderingHero Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:07 am

"So many interesting laws! My town would certainly not be boring," he proudly proclaims. "I believe I would be good for business but I have absolutely have no interest in it."
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:09 am

"It has it's perks." Susan shrugs. "But, I suppose you'll just have to stick to being a thief... although it is harder to sweet talk a lock."
    WonderingHero
    WonderingHero

Post  WonderingHero Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:14 am

"Magic hands," Aden says while waving his hands in the air. "Being a thief might not be the greatest job in the world but it does have it's perks. I get to travel A LOT and I don't have anyone to boss me around."
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:19 am

She arches an eyebrow with an amused grin.

"Magic. Oh yes, I'm sure, absolutely magical." Susan replies with a roll of her eyes
    WonderingHero
    WonderingHero

Post  WonderingHero Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:23 am

"I'm more than willing to demonstrate them to you," Aden winks at her.
    Xhiero/Val
    Xhiero/Val

Post  Xhiero/Val Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:25 am

Faye continues to sit there and smile. Now her fruit salad bowl is empty.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:29 am

"And just how would you do that?" She asks with a laugh, she seems entirely unconcerned.
    WonderingHero
    WonderingHero

Post  WonderingHero Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:35 am

"I can think of two different ways to demonstrate," Aden says as he wiggles two fingers.
    Susan Evensong
    Susan Evensong

Post  Susan Evensong Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:38 am

"So cryptic." Susan pretends to shiver in fear. "Whatever could those mysterious ways be?"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content