Spirit-Chaser Strategy Guide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good luck!

+2
Vasani
Dungeon Master Orange
6 posters

The Main Campaign!

Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

The Main Campaign! - Page 7 Empty Re: The Main Campaign!

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:36 am

All the watchers gather up where Panzer directs them, and walks to the other side of the courtyard. There, he plants a red flag and grins.

Metah Fore wrote:Metah excitedly rushes up to collect whatever foam weapons are meant for him and then does her best to mysteriously appear next to Dan Jer.
    "Hiiiiiiiiiiii friiiiieeeennnnnddddd.... Wanna be partners... IN JUSTICE?!?!"

Daan Jer quietly stares in to Metah's eyes, as if reliving some horrid flashback. He grabs a small case of foam tipped crossbow bolts for his hand crossbow, and nods at Metah. "I.. I don't even know what side I'm on anymore.. but.. despite all that. Any time, fly girl. Boy. Whatever."

Tabitha Oakenfleur wrote:Tabby blushes as she stumbles a step towards Cameron. Thoroughly convinced that somehow everyone saw her, she takes a breath and continues walking towards him. She had planned to wait and see who else paired up or for someone to come ask her, but clearly Vasani had other plans for her. And what was with that eyebrow waggle, anyway? It was really nothing new from Vasani, she told herself, but she couldn't help but wonder if she was missing something.
    "Hey Cameron. Unless you're already taken, care to team up?"

Cameron smiles at Tabitha, and grabs his old, taped up, battered foam rapier, most likely well used from previous years. "I'd be honored, Ms. Oakenfleur."

Suddenly, snow starts to fall. The field becomes a slippery mess of snowy slush and wet grass. Panzer looks excited, as if he was hoping the snow would start just for this occasion.

"Alright boys and girls, this year the rules are simple. See this flag? All you need to do is grab it, and make it back across the starting line.

The Main Campaign! - Page 7 Watche13

"Now, some things to keep in mind. Just like previous years, we keep to an honor system with the blows we trade. As you beat the shit out of each other, if you get hit, we'll know. And if you get dealt a fatal blow, you are out! No do overs (That is to say, reach 0 health)! So really, you can also win by being the last team standing. Also, the ground is getting slippery as the snow piles up, so watch your footing!"

"So let's see here.. looks like our awesome pairs are as follow,

Tabitha and Cameron

Brandis and Darkspear

Daan and Metah

Boxer and Sven

Donovan and Vasani

and lastly I will be paired with the ever lovely Ms. Roro Skarborogh. And let me be the first to tell you that you are all supremely fucked. It's payback time, Darkspear.

Now talk over strategies, say final prayers, and when you are ready, get in to the ready position!"

ALSO, if you want to talk "strategy" with your partner in private, just send me a private message! I WILL post what you guys send me here. But I'll edit it to hide the actual plan. Just to show how ridiculous you people are.

Also I will be changing up how I personally work combat for this fight, just to try something new.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:46 pm

As the Watch gathers at the starting line, you notice a red-haired half elven lady approach.

Panzer calls out to her. "Ah, Ms. Phedre nicEssus! I am glad you were able to make it!" He approaches her, and hands her one of his few mock longswords, and grabs a new blade for himself. "Now technically you won't be an official Watch member till the celebrations later this evening, but none of us certainly mind you joining in on the fun. Why don't you pair up with Roro back there, and I'll go this alone. And Darkspear? Even alone I'm getting you back for last year."

Panzer lets out a hearty laugh as he cracks his knuckles.

The Main Campaign! - Page 7 Watche14

PHEDRE NICESSUS HAS JOINED THE PARTY!

When you are READY, roll initiative! Also if you want me to respond to your character's strategy, please send it through a private message, preferably in character. I want to post it here (with edits made to hide the actual strategy).
    Phedre nicEssus
    Phedre nicEssus
    Group Physician

Post  Phedre nicEssus Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:14 pm

Thank you for letting me in on the contest. It seems like lots of fun! Hey Ro! Let's see what we can do, eh?
    Phedre nicEssus
    Phedre nicEssus
    Group Physician

Post  Phedre nicEssus Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:18 pm

Might help if I rolled for initiative...

+1 for Initiative
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:18 pm

The member 'Phedre nicEssus' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 7 Forumdice11
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:00 pm

Tabby smiles and shrugs at Cameron. "I've got no real plans, so if you have any ideas, I'm open," she says, crouching at the start line and eying the other competitors.

Initiative: +4
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:00 pm

The member 'Tabitha Oakenfleur' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 7 Forumdice2
    Vasani
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

Post  Vasani Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:36 pm

Vasani pulls Donovan off to the side and relays her plan to him before returning to the line up and sizing up the other guardsmen.

Int: +0

Last edited by Vasani Shepard on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:36 pm

The member 'Vasani Shepard' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 7 Forumdice5
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:43 am

Some small DM changes I have made. There might be more. Beware my power to change!

https://spiritchaserstrategy.niceboard.com/t14-dm-patch-notes-for-spirit-chaser-strategy-guide-june-26-2012#220
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:01 pm

Metah grins broadly. He/she can hardly wait to play with everyone.

Initiative: +3
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:01 pm

The member 'Metah Fore' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 7 Forumdice4
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:33 pm

Tabitha Oakenfleur wrote:Tabby smiles and shrugs at Cameron. "I've got no real plans, so if you have any ideas, I'm open," she says, crouching at the start line and eying the other competitors.

Initiative: +4

Cameron smiles and nods at Tabby, scanning the rest of the competition. "Well, we could always try and figure out what other people are doing. All we need to do really is take a good look and listen.. maybe we can get some ideas that way.

Cameron rolls PERCEPTION and INSIGHT!

Cameron makes the MEDIUM CHECK!

When you take a moment to listen and watch the competition, you can hear faint description of plans..

Metah Fore wrote:"THIS IS GONNA BE SO EXCITING! So for the plan I was thinking about the snow ohdidyounoticethesnowIlovesnowitissowhiteandfluffykindoflikeflourbakingflournotflowerflowersalthoughIlovethosetootheyjustdon'tlooklikesnow. Oh, speaking of snow, my thought was that.. mumble mumble.. snow drifts and take out ..mumble.. mumble.. are there. Or just wait for mumble.. mumble.. it!"

Daan stares at the small girl boy, as if a sudden spark of inspiration shot through his head. "If you want to make enemies, try to change something. And that, my little friend, is exactly what you will be doing. I will support you 100% on this."

Phedre nicEssus wrote:Phedre approaches Roro eyeing her spear with a wicked smirk on her face.

"I think I have an idea if your up for it"

Phedre and Roro hunch together whispering and gesturing in spiral motions to each other.

Mumble mumble mumble mumble mumble mumble mumble mumble.

Roro grins at Phedre, "That plan is genius. I will warn you ahead of time though, I may need to break off from it at some point.. Darkspear isn't the only one with a grudge match this year."

She turns to glare at Brandis. The two of them stare off for a moment, knowing that maybe this year they will find out if halberds or spears are better; a silly, yet longstanding debate between the two of them.

Vasani Shepard wrote:Gonna systematically.. mumble mumble.. with a focus on.. mumble.. mumble.. carriers. More .. mumble.. outlast.. mumble.

Donovan nods in agreement. For a moment you notice a glimmer of hope of winning this year.

Panzer, readying himself at the starting line, remembers an important detail he left out. "Now apparently you didn't the extra motivation, but this year's reward is a free piece of weapon or armor from Bear's general store. And I am talking about the quality stuff, too. So let's see all of you get competitive.

"Now than.. on yer mark. Get set...... and GO!"

Brandis turns, with a confused face, towards Panzer. "What did you say?"

But before Panzer can even respond, Brandis takes off towards the flag, attempting to get a head start ahead of Panzer.

COMBAT BEGINS!

INIATIVE ORDER:

BRANDIS (14)
    PHEDRE (12)(+2 Bonus from RORO)
    PANZER (12)
    BOX (12)
    DONOVAN ( 9)
    METAH ( 7)
    RORO ( 7)
    TABBY ( 6)
    DARKSPEAR ( 6)
    VASANI ( 5)
    SVEN ( 6)(NATURAL 1)

BRANDIS'S TURN!

Taking advantage of his somewhat dirty trick, he bolts down the field as fast as he can. However, the snow is starting to build up, and is almost up past his ankles. Brandis only makes it three steps before he nearly trips in the snow.

Not paying attention to this warning from mother nature, he keeps running, and only three steps later he falls face first in to the snow.

The chubby elf laughs at himself, saying something along the lines of "I deserved that."

BRANDIS has been KNOCKED PRONE!

The Main Campaign! - Page 7 Watche15

INIATIVE ORDER:

BRANDIS (14)
    PHEDRE (12)(+2 Bonus from RORO) <---
    PANZER (12)
    BOX (12)
    DONOVAN ( 9)
    METAH ( 7)
    RORO ( 7)
    TABBY ( 6)
    DARKSPEAR ( 6)
    VASANI ( 5)
    SVEN ( 6)(NATURAL 1)

Brandis, Level 2 Halberd Hooligan (PRONE)
    Int: +2
    DAMAGE TAKEN: 0 / 38
    AC: 18
    FT: 16
    RE: 12
    WL: 12

Phedre, Level 1 Do-gooder
    Int: +1
    DAMAGE TAKEN: 0 / 25
    AC: 13
    FT: 15
    RE: 10
    WL: 14

Panzer, Level 11 Panzerschreck
    Int: +8
    DAMAGE TAKEN: 0 / 111
    AC: 22
    FT: 23
    RE: 20
    WL: 21

Boxershorts, Level 2 Flirt
    Int: +7
    DAMAGE TAKEN: 0 / 39
    AC: 16
    FT: 13
    RE: 15
    WL: 13

Donovan, Level 2 Quiet Guy

Metah, Level 1 Bad-Guy Fighter
    Int: +3
    AC: 15
    FT: 12

Roro, Level 3 Serious Face
    Int: +5
    DAMAGE TAKEN: 0 / 44
    AC: 19
    RE: 14
    WL: 15

Tabby, Level 1 Cow Catcher
    Int: +4
    DAMAGE TAKEN: 0 / 24

Darkspear, Level 2 Excitable

Vasani, Level 1 Rough-Houser
    DAMAGE TAKEN: 0 / 28
    FT: 18
    WL: 11

Cameron, Level 1 Junior Captain
    AC: 17

Sven, Level 2 Oblivious

~~

The Main Campaign! - Page 7 Watche16

It is now.. PHEDRE'S TURN!

(NOTE: I am conducting battles in a new way. A more traditional way. I will let you know when it is your turn and than you can make rolls and take actions. But feel free to take free actions or just, you know, talk! I will usually allow a day for you to respond, and if you don't, I'll just skip you, not let any enemies attack you, and let you rejoin and take your turn whenever you are able to.)
    Phedre nicEssus
    Phedre nicEssus
    Group Physician

Post  Phedre nicEssus Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:45 am

Phedre bursts forward and darts diagonally toward the benches keeping a wary eye on the prone Brandis. She seriously considers swatting him on her way by, but discards the notion grudingly. Best not to break from the plan the second the game starts Razz She holds her position there till Roro can catch up.

I can't post my position on the map as I'm at my aunt's housesitting and I'm on her computer. Dunno what paint programs she has here and I'm not gonna mess with her programs. Master DM has my maps tho.

Rolling to avoid landing on my own bum like Brandis did. AGIL I think?

grr...don't have access to my sheet as I'm on this computer. Don't remember my bonus. I'ma just roll and see what happens Smile
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:45 am

The member 'Phedre nicEssus' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 7 Forumdice7
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:10 am

I peeked for you...my Tim-senses say he'd generally want this to be an acrobatics check. But...ah...that would be -2, bringing it to a 5.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:33 am

Phedre nicEssus wrote:Phedre bursts forward and darts diagonally toward the benches keeping a wary eye on the prone Brandis. She seriously considers swatting him on her way by, but discards the notion grudingly. Best not to break from the plan the second the game starts Razz She holds her position there till Roro can catch up.

I can't post my position on the map as I'm at my aunt's housesitting and I'm on her computer. Dunno what paint programs she has here and I'm not gonna mess with her programs. Master DM has my maps tho.

Rolling to avoid landing on my own bum like Brandis did. AGIL I think?

grr...don't have access to my sheet as I'm on this computer. Don't remember my bonus. I'ma just roll and see what happens Smile

Tabitha Oakenfleur wrote:I peeked for you...my Tim-senses say he'd generally want this to be an acrobatics check. But...ah...that would be -2, bringing it to a 5.

Yes that is exactly right, acrobatics! God if I forget to mention anything let me know.

Like this, (which you did perfectly anyway), every turn comprises of three actions; A move action (moving your speed around the map, or running, which is a +2 bonus to the speed and a -5 penalty for attack rolls that turn), A standard action (attacking, doing major skill checks like nature, arcana, and thievery), and a minor action (doing small actions, picking up objects, opening doors, doing diplomacy checks).

Once someone does one I'll explain action points (taking extra standard actions) and charging (using a standard action to move AND attack) and other things like that.

Anyway.

Yeah. Acrobatics.

Dungeon wrote:The member 'Phedre nicEssus' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :

You didn't make any check Sad

The Main Campaign! - Page 7 Watche17

Sadly, Phedre makes it about three steps towards the flag before she too falls face first in the snow. Brandis tosses a little snow at her, "See, it isn't easy as it looks!"

(You normally have a standard and minor action left, but falling in the snow is an embarrassing enough of an event to cause your turn to end.)

It is now.. PANZER'S TURN!

The Main Campaign! - Page 7 Watche18

Panzer laughs heartily at the competitive spirit. He charges forward, nearly tripping in his first steps, but regains his balance and charges forward towards the flag!

It is now.. BOX'S TURN!

The Main Campaign! - Page 7 Watche19

Box chases after Panzer, but quickly joins the face-plant party.

It is now.. DONOVAN'S TURN!

The Main Campaign! - Page 7 Watche20

Donovan runs towards Panzer, but manages to trip of top of Boxershorts. Boxershorts takes 5 "damage". Gasping for air, Boxer turns towards Donovan and mentions "Hey there, big boy."

"Good god, all of you are miserable to watch!", Annie laughs.

It is fairly obvious at this point that the snow is becoming an obstacle. For the most part, walking 3 steps or more requires a medium dice check to avoid falling face first in to the snow. However, Making a hard dice check will cause you to not have to make anymore checks that turn (and possibly the rest of the encounter, depending on the roll and how many times you make it).

INIATIVE ORDER:

BRANDIS (14)
    PANZER (12)
    BOX (12)
    DONOVAN ( 9)
    METAH ( 7) <----
    RORO ( 7)
    TABBY ( 6)
    DARKSPEAR ( 6)
    VASANI ( 5)
    SVEN ( 6)(NATURAL 1)

Brandis, Level 2 Halberd Hooligan (PRONE)

Phedre, Level 1 Do-gooder (PRONE)

Boxershorts, Level 2 Flirt (PRONE)
    DAMAGE TAKEN: 5 / 39

Donovan, Level 2 Quiet Guy (PRONE)

Metah, Level 1 Bad-Guy Fighter

Sven, Level 2 Oblivious

The Main Campaign! - Page 7 Watche21

It is now.. METAH'S TURN!

Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:45 pm

Metah chuckles at the antics of his comrades. Snow sliding sure looks fun! But, that will have to wait, she has things to do! Metah rubs his hands together and assumes a diving pose before attempting to dive into a snow bank.

Stealth +8
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:45 pm

The member 'Metah Fore' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:51 pm

Dungeon wrote:The member 'Metah Fore' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :

YOU MADE THE HARD DC!

You dive in to the snow and disappear from sight. You still have a standard and move action! Also most likely you are crawling, which cuts your speed down to half. (Maybe, if not than the slippery snow is giving you extra momentum.)
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:25 pm

"Tunnel tunnel tunnel! I'm like a mole-person! Hmmmm I wonder if mole-people are really blind ifthatisthecasecdomolemovieshaveactionscenesoraretheyjustablankscreenwithsound?Domoleactorsgetscreenedfortheirattractivenessortheatractivnessoftheirvoices?Aretheirmolesupermodels? WAIT! Is it really true that no two snowflakes look alike? I MUST KNOW!"

Metah excitedly crawls on a mission to examine snowflake in this snowdrift.

"Oh, but what if I get stepped on? Or what if someone steps one one of my test flakes? I can't have that!"

Metah prepares an action.
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:15 pm

Hey gais! I forgot to do something before I dove into the snow drift.

"Hey Daan! Listen. I need your underwear."
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:47 pm

Metah Fore wrote:Hey gais! I forgot to do something before I dove into the snow drift.

"Hey Daan! Listen. I need your underwear."

"Nations rise and fall every day, but the world continues. Thus is the passage of life and the river of time. And much like the readiness of the world, I too am ready, and always carry a spare on my person. Take this, little lady.. man."

Daan Jer tosses a spare pair of boxers to Metah.

The Main Campaign! - Page 7 Boxers

Metah Fore wrote: Metah quickly snatches the manties and puts them into a scrapbook titled "Heroes of Much Justiceness"

It is now.. RORO'S TURN!

The Main Campaign! - Page 7 Watche22

Not wanting to fall behind, Roro runs out on to the field of snow. Unlike the rest of the scouts so far, she has no trouble traveling through the thick, slushy snow. She rushes to help Phedre up first.

PHEDRE is no longer prone! (Normally it takes a move action to stand back up)

Using an action point, Roro's eyes lock on that smug, chubby bastard Brandis. She charges him, smacking him across the face as hard as she can for 14 "damage", and he flops back down in to the snow. Brandis is now "bloodied"!

INIATIVE ORDER:

BRANDIS (14)
    PANZER (12)
    BOX (12)
    DONOVAN ( 9)
    METAH ( 7) <----
    RORO ( 7)
    TABBY ( 6)
    DARKSPEAR ( 6)
    VASANI ( 5)
    SVEN ( 6)(NATURAL 1)

Brandis, Level 2 Halberd Hooligan (PRONE)(BLOODIED)
    DAMAGE TAKEN: 14 / 38

Phedre, Level 1 Do-gooder

Boxershorts, Level 2 Flirt (PRONE)
    DAMAGE TAKEN: 5 / 39

Donovan, Level 2 Quiet Guy (PRONE)

Metah, Level 1 Bad-Guy Fighter (STEALTHED)

Sven, Level 2 Oblivious

The Main Campaign! - Page 7 Watche23

It is now.. TABBY'S TURN!

Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:18 am

Seeing the spills of the people who had already moved, Tabby carefully picks her way forward towards the flag, then takes aim at the lead threat: Panzer. Seeing how close he already was to the flag, she prepares a secondary effect from her Warning Shot.

Not quite sure how we want to work secondary attacks / triggers...but here's this anyhow:
    The Main Campaign! - Page 7 Tabbyt10

Primary Attack: +7 vs Ac
    On Hit: 1d10 +4

Last edited by Tabitha Oakenfleur on Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:18 am

The member 'Tabitha Oakenfleur' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

#1 'd20' :

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 7 Forumdiced10
    #2 Result : 10

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:39 pm