Spirit-Chaser Strategy Guide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good luck!

5 posters

Holy Fuck! Another Campaign!

Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Holy Fuck! Another Campaign! Empty Holy Fuck! Another Campaign!

Post  Metah Fore Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:04 am

The four of you wake up in what appears to be a small prison cell. The place is obviously old, and appears to have seen quite a bit of use over the years. However, it also appears to be well-kept as if someone has taken great pride in maintaining it despite its age. You cannot seem to recall how you have ended up in this location, nor do most of you recognize each other.
    Vasani
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

Holy Fuck! Another Campaign! Empty Re: Holy Fuck! Another Campaign!

Post  Vasani Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:45 am

Vasani wakes up with a start and checks out her surroundings. Well, shit.

Last edited by Vasani Shepard on Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Vasani
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

Post  Vasani Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:47 am

I guess I'll be useful and roll a history check to figure out how I got here. History -1. Butts.

Last edited by Vasani Shepard on Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:47 am

The member 'Vasani Shepard' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    Holy Fuck! Another Campaign! Forumdice18
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:50 pm

Dungeon wrote:The member 'Vasani Shepard' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    Holy Fuck! Another Campaign! Forumdice18

Overcoming the searing headache you seem to develop whenever you try and remember what happened you manage to form some slightly fuzzy memories of what exactly lead to your imprisonment.

There was a market... then there were guards... you fought off the ones in front of you but failed to notice the one that slammed the sheath of his sword against the back of your head.
    Vasani
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

Post  Vasani Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:57 pm

Damn it. Arrest again. She was never going to hear the end of it from Tabby. Well, better see what I can do to get out of here. With a fleeting glance at the huddled figures on the floor, Vasani heads over to the door. Stupid doors. Stupid jail. After staring at the door for a couple minutes, she shrugs and starts banging on it.

Strength check I guess? +4
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:57 pm

'd20' :
    Holy Fuck! Another Campaign! Forumdice12
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:37 pm

Metah Fore wrote: The four of you wake up in what appears to be a small prison cell. The place is obviously old, and appears to have seen quite a bit of use over the years. However, it also appears to be well-kept as if someone has taken great pride in maintaining it despite its age. You cannot seem to recall how you have ended up in this location, nor do most of you recognize each other.

A gnomish wizard, by the name Klumn von Vechtan, stirs, and comes to his senses. God, looks like I'm involved in another adventure.

If I am able to, I'd like to start off by making sure I have all my stuff (weapons, armor, spell-book, backpacks, .. clothes?)

+1 to Perception, and a Perception roll, if I need it.

Last edited by Dungeon Master Orange on Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:37 pm

The member 'Dungeon Master Orange' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    Holy Fuck! Another Campaign! Forumdice5
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:15 pm

Dungeon wrote:The member 'Vasani Shepard' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :

With an amazing display of strength you pound against the large door... and it wiggles. Not even a large wiggle, just a tiny barely noticeable wiggle.

Suddenly, out of seemingly nowhere and everywhere a voice that sounds friendly yet apologetic interrupts your door-based violence.

"Ex-excuse me miss. We are quite impressed, you are clearly very strong we have never seen anyone even wiggle that door before. Problem is, it is just there for decoration, it doesn't open at all. Please stop hitting it though, it is an antique and it sure is tough to remove blood stains and dents."

Clearly, you will have to find another way to escape this room.
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:19 pm

Dungeon wrote:The member 'Dungeon Master Orange' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :

You notice that none of you appear to have any your equipment. However, each of you does have a slightly rusty spoon. Perhaps for when your meals are served?
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:11 pm

Metah Fore wrote:
    Dungeon wrote:The member 'Dungeon Master Orange' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :

You notice that none of you appear to have any your equipment. However, each of you does have a slightly rusty spoon. Perhaps for when your meals are served?

Well. I guess I wield a rusty spoon wand now.

Holy Fuck! Another Campaign! Img_4510
    Vasani
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

Post  Vasani Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:06 pm

Metah Fore wrote:

'd20' :

With an amazing display of strength you pound against the large door... and it wiggles. Not even a large wiggle, just a tiny barely noticeable wiggle.

Suddenly, out of seemingly nowhere and everywhere a voice that sounds friendly yet apologetic interrupts your door-based violence.

"Ex-excuse me miss. We are quite impressed, you are clearly very strong we have never seen anyone even wiggle that door before. Problem is, it is just there for decoration, it doesn't open at all. Please stop hitting it though, it is an antique and it sure is tough to remove blood stains and dents."

Clearly, you will have to find another way to escape this room.

Vasani gives the door one more hard kick, just to be an ass. She decides to give the room a better look.

Perception: 0, just checking out the room and looking for any abnormalities.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:06 pm

'd20' :
    Holy Fuck! Another Campaign! Forumdice2
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:30 pm

'd20' :
    Holy Fuck! Another Campaign! Forumdice2

... Yep. This is certainly a prison cell. You don't notice anything out of the ordinary, but logic dictates that you had to get into this cell from somewhere.

Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:52 pm

Klumn scratches his beard, trying to remember what happened and get a understanding of his situation. He notices a young red-headed woman kicking furiously at the door, and also notices his wife (unconscious) and a forth mysterious woman who is unconscious-till-they-most-likely-start-playing lying in the cell. Perhaps he'll wait to say hello to the red-headed girl till she calms down.

I guess I wanna try a couple little things. First, would I have a different memory of what happened, or would that all be the same?

If it's different than I'll try my own history check, +10 to History.

Also, I wanna shoot off the teeniest, tiniest flicker of magic to see if .. well.. any sort of trap punishes me for using it.

And lastly, I just want to take a quick at the walls, ceilings and floor to see if I notice anything out of the ordinary. (not really a perception-grade look, just a quick one)

Last edited by Dungeon Master Orange on Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:52 pm

The member 'Dungeon Master Orange' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    Holy Fuck! Another Campaign! Forumdice19
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:26 pm

'd20' :
    Holy Fuck! Another Campaign! Forumdice19

Suddenly it all comes back to you. Wandering through the city you happened upon a thug stealing an old lady's purse. You rushed to help, and in the ensuing scuffle you were arrested along with the rapscallion. You thought it was a mistake, but seeing your wife here makes it clear that this was not the case.

There is nothing... immediately... dangerous about using magic in this room.

Between you and Vasani you notice that one wall has a slightly different color then the rest.
    Phedre nicEssus
    Phedre nicEssus
    Group Physician

Post  Phedre nicEssus Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:22 pm

The pounding of someone hitting a door jolted Phedre awake. The ache in her head echoed Vasani's attempts to move a fake door set into the wall. As an apologetic voice speaks to Vasani, Phedre sits up with her back against the wall and blinks to clear head of the horrid pounding. What did the hit her with? A horse? As the voice speaks of antique doors and decorations, Phedre tries to pin point the direction its coming from.

+1 to Perception
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:22 pm

The member 'Phedre nicEssus' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    Holy Fuck! Another Campaign! Forumdice8
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:24 pm

Klumn stands up, brushes himself off, and walks up beside the fiery red-head. He taps her shoulder and nods with a smile, before clearing his throat.

"Uh, sir? Hello, yes. I wanted to ask, it seems that I have been left with a spoon that appears to have some rust on it. May I get a new spoon that isn't so rusty? Thank you!"

Vasani
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

Post  Vasani Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:56 pm

Vasani shares a conspiratory whisper with the odd little gnome and stands off to the side.
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:46 am

Phedre nicEssus wrote:The pounding of someone hitting a door jolted Phedre awake. The ache in her head echoed Vasani's attempts to move a fake door set into the wall. As an apologetic voice speaks to Vasani, Phedre sits up with her back against the wall and blinks to clear head of the horrid pounding. What did the hit her with? A horse? As the voice speaks of antique doors and decorations, Phedre tries to pin point the direction its coming from.

+1 to Perception

The voices appear to be coming from a collection of megaphone like objects in the ceiling. Whether the sound is from some sort of mechanation or an enchantment is hard to determine.

Dungeon Master Orange wrote:Klumn stands up, brushes himself off, and walks up beside the fiery red-head. He taps her shoulder and nods with a smile, before clearing his throat.

"Uh, sir? Hello, yes. I wanted to ask, it seems that I have been left with a spoon that appears to have some rust on it. May I get a new spoon that isn't so rusty? Thank you!"

"Oh, you've noticed that? HOW DREADFUL!" The disembodied voice is becoming steadily more distressed. "I try to run a nice, high quality prison and I've spoiled it! SPOILED IT! SPOILED IT! SPOILED IT! SPOILED IT!"
    The words are interlaced with hysterical sobbing. You hear a sudden scuffle and another voice, slightly older and more jovial takes over.

"Dreadfully sorry about that folks, Tom is a bit sensitive about the rust. The folks upstairs have decided that silver polish just isn't in the budget and it has hit him rather hard. If it would make you feel better, I could offer you a complimentary bowl of soup the next time you come to stay."
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:55 am

Metah Fore wrote:
    "Oh, you've noticed that? HOW DREADFUL!" The disembodied voice is becoming steadily more distressed. "I try to run a nice, high quality prison and I've spoiled it! SPOILED IT! SPOILED IT! SPOILED IT! SPOILED IT!"
    The words are interlaced with hysterical sobbing. You hear a sudden scuffle and another voice, slightly older and more jovial takes over.

"Dreadfully sorry about that folks, Tom is a bit sensitive about the rust. The folks upstairs have decided that silver polish just isn't in the budget and it has hit him rather hard. If it would make you feel better, I could offer you a complimentary bowl of soup the next time you come to stay."

The wizard sighs; he fiddles with the rusty spoon before posing another question to the mysterious voice.

Without holding up either hand, nor extending any fingers, Klumn asks..
    "Hey, how many fingers am I holding up?"
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:08 am

The wizard sighs; he fiddles with the rusty spoon before posing another question to the mysterious voice.

Without holding up any hand, he speaks..
    "Hey, how many fingers am I holding up?"

"Well, les' see. I've never been much of a numbers fella, but, I'll give it a shot. Assuming your using one hand, you have to be between 1 and 4. A thumb isn't a finger ya' know. So ummmm 2? I'm terribly sorry, I am not really sure how to tell without seeing you."

Suddenly you hear a third exasperated voice. "You can't just tell him that we can't see them!"

"Well why not? We can't see them! It just isn't done! What if they wanted to escape? That would incredibly unsporting!"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content