Spirit-Chaser Strategy Guide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good luck!

5 posters

Holy Fuck! Another Campaign!

Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Holy Fuck! Another Campaign! - Page 2 Empty Re: Holy Fuck! Another Campaign!

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:40 am

Metah Fore wrote:
    The wizard sighs; he fiddles with the rusty spoon before posing another question to the mysterious voice.

Without holding up any hand, he speaks..
    "Hey, how many fingers am I holding up?"

"Well, les' see. I've never been much of a numbers fella, but, I'll give it a shot. Assuming your using one hand, you have to be between 1 and 4. A thumb isn't a finger ya' know. So ummmm 2? I'm terribly sorry, I am not really sure how to tell without seeing you."

Suddenly you hear a third exasperated voice. "You can't just tell him that we can't see them!"

"Well why not? We can't see them! It just isn't done! What if they wanted to escape? That would incredibly unsporting!"

Klumn grins mischievously. He turns to his new-found party, and gestures to them to PLUG THEIR EARS.

In a low voice, Klumn addresses his captors once again. "Uh.. if I may.. I wish to speak to you about a serious matter in private.. can you listen very closely? I do not want my cellmates to hear. It is a personal matter, you see."

As I say this, I use my MOVE action to walk closer to funny colored wall.

As a MINOR action, I use GHOST SOUND (encounter power), and cause the loudest, most ear-bleeding-ly loud air-horn style, finger nails on the chalkboard noise possible.

I do this action in combination with the FREE action skill, SPOOK (encounter power), in which I can use an arcana check as a replacement for an intimidate check, in which I'm trying to deafen them and scare the living shit out of them.

Lastly, as I am making this loud-ass sound, I will use my STANDARD action to use EMPOWERED LIGHTNING (encounter power), to attempt to blow apart the funny-colored wall. I am hoping my loud noises will mask me blowing open the wall, so if at all possible, our captors don't hear us doing so.

(And if they hear or there are people on the other side, than I at least accomplished my personal goal of scaring the living shit out of the captors.)

The first dice roll will be arcana for scaring / deafening our captors, which is +12 to Arcana

The second dice roll, if I need it, is the attack roll against the wall from my empowered lightning. +5 vs. Reflex.

And damage for that skill, if needed. 2d8+ 5.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:40 am

The member 'Dungeon Master Orange' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

#1 'd20' :
    Holy Fuck! Another Campaign! - Page 2 Forumdice11

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' :

#3 'd8' :
    Holy Fuck! Another Campaign! - Page 2 Forumdiced8
    #3 Result : 3, 4
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:50 am

Dungeon wrote:The member 'Dungeon Master Orange' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

#1 'd20' :

#2 'd20' :

#3 'd8' :

"Oi! That was entirely uncalled for! You don't see us shouting at you! WHO DOES THAT?!?!" The voice shouts.
    It would seem that it doesn't know how loud it is being, perhaps it has been deafened. You have bought yourself a few minutes where you will not be observed.

The funny colored wall begins to crumble a bit. It would seem that this is the remains of an escape tunnel created by a previous prisoner. Clearly the wardens of this prison aren't very good at re-building walls. Probably another budget issue. Doesn't seem like it would take much more to cause this portion of the wall to collapse.
    [b]
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:22 am

Metah Fore wrote:
    Dungeon wrote:The member 'Dungeon Master Orange' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

#1 'd20' :

#2 'd20' :

#3 'd8' :

"Oi! That was entirely uncalled for! You don't see us shouting at you! WHO DOES THAT?!?!" The voice shouts.
    It would seem that it doesn't know how loud it is being, perhaps it has been deafened. You have bought yourself a few minutes where you will not be observed.

The funny colored wall begins to crumble a bit. It would seem that this is the remains of an escape tunnel created by a previous prisoner. Clearly the wardens of this prison aren't very good at re-building walls. Probably another budget issue. Doesn't seem like it would take much more to cause this portion of the wall to collapse.

[b]Klumn twirls the rusty spoon in to his pocket, and walks up to the broken wall. He gives it a good kick.

+0 to Strength

Last edited by Dungeon Master Orange on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:22 am

The member 'Dungeon Master Orange' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    Holy Fuck! Another Campaign! - Page 2 Forumdice7
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:24 am

Considering that the wall was barely standing anyways, it crumbles completely! You are free to escape! Woo!

You gain! 25 EXP! And SOME ROCKS!
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:32 am

Metah Fore wrote:Considering that the wall was barely standing anyways, it crumbles completely! You are free to escape! Woo!

Klumn turns to the rest of the party; he bows, and rolls out the red carpet (Literally, using the at-will PRESTIDIGATION!) to welcome the rest of his party in to the creepy-ass cavern.
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:38 am

Dungeon Master Orange wrote:
    Metah Fore wrote:Considering that the wall was barely standing anyways, it crumbles completely! You are free to escape! Woo!

Klumn turns to the rest of the party; he bows, and rolls out the red carpet (Literally, using the at-will PRESTIDIGATION!) to welcome the rest of his party in to the creepy-ass cavern.

That is the very definition of swank.
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:01 am

Jarred to sudden, complete consciousness by Klumn's ruckus, Viviana von Vechtan sits bolt upright, taking in her bizarre surroundings. She then utters a stream of interesting, exotic-sounding words (Draconic, if you're not mistaken) that you are pretty convinced were not meant for polite company. As an eladrin who, even during sleep, maintains almost complete alertness, making her black out was pretty much one of the best ways to ruin her day and she was clearly NOT happy about it. Luckilly, Klumn seemed to have a grasp on the situation, so for now she is content to follow his lead as she tries to compose herself.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:05 am

I made a new pause menu specifically for this game!

Cassie's New Pause Menu
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:13 am

You make your way through the tunnel. The tunnel is cramped, kind of obvious considering that it had most likely been carved with spoons. The walk in uneventful, but the thought of your impending freedom fills you with anticipation.

Finally! The tunnel begins to widen and opens into...
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:16 am

... another cell. This one is smaller devoid of anything except for a small wooden table. On this wooden table rests a platter of delicious looking baked goods and a note.
    Vasani
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

Post  Vasani Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:40 am

Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.Read it.

(Read it.)
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:14 am

Metah Fore wrote:You make your way through the tunnel. The tunnel is cramped, kind of obvious considering that it had most likely been carved with spoons. The walk in uneventful, but the thought of your impending freedom fills you with anticipation.

Finally! The tunnel begins to widen and opens into...

As Klumn's party passes him and wanders down the tunnel, he dispels the red carpet illusion in order to re-cast PRESTIDIGITATION, using his maximum of three illusions to his advantage.

First Illusion: He creates copies of the party sitting cross-legged in a circle around the cell.

Second Illusion: He creates the vague hums of "kumbaya" coming from the look-a-likes. (Nothing as detailed as what GHOST SOUND can achieve)

Third Illusion: He begins to create the illusion of the wall being still intact. However, before he completes it, he looks up at the speakers, and makes a rude draconic gesture; somewhere between flicking his chin and giving the bird. Klumn finishes the spell, and the wall appears reconstructed. Hey, maybe all this will confuse them five, maybe ten minutes tops?

He shrugs, and follows his group. "Poor jail wardens, I kinda liked them too."

Last edited by Dungeon Master Orange on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:14 am

Metah Fore wrote:... another cell. This one is smaller devoid of anything except for a small wooden table. On this wooden table rests a platter of delicious looking baked goods and a note.

Holy Fuck! Another Campaign! - Page 2 1232739683_d5c8f3b
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:22 am

As Vasani reaches to open the note fanfare begins to play. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGhPw4KqYxc

The contents of the note read as follows:

" Dear Prisoners,

Congratulations on 'escaping' from your cell! Naturally, we cannot allow our prisoners to actually escape, that would be daft, but we certainly do not want to discourage your creativity. As a reward, please help yourself to these baked goods provided by Tom's ol' mum, she likes being helpful. Also, please enjoy your complimentary gassing.
    Best Regaurds-
    The Prison Guards.

P.S.
    Did you get our joke with the signature? Tom came up with it. "
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:24 am

As you finish reading the note a strange purple smoke begins to fill the room. You suddenly find yourselves feeling very sleepy.

You kids may want to make some saving throws.
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:20 pm

Normally, Viviana is not an angry person. Normally, she is quite calm and composed. Normally, she doesn't get knocked out twice in a day. This...no, this was a special case. This was a bad day. Viviana was angry. She had no idea why this was happening. As she fights the influence of the purple gas, she flips over their goddamned table to show her captors how bad her goddamn day has been.

That being taken care of...here is a saving throw.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:20 pm

The member 'Tabitha Oakenfleur' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    Holy Fuck! Another Campaign! - Page 2 Forumdice9
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:22 pm

Tabitha Oakenfleur wrote:Normally, Viviana is not an angry person. Normally, she is quite calm and composed. Normally, she doesn't get knocked out twice in a day. This...no, this was a special case. This was a bad day. Viviana was angry. She had no idea why this was happening. As she fights the influence of the purple gas, she flips over their goddamned table to show her captors how bad her goddamn day has been.

That being taken care of...here is a saving throw.

Oh dear.

+5 bonus to saving throws against illusion! Hey, one can hope, right?
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:22 pm

'd20' :
    Holy Fuck! Another Campaign! - Page 2 Forumdice19
    Vasani
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

Post  Vasani Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:42 pm

Saving throw, go!
    Vasani
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

Post  Vasani Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:44 pm

Broken dice! Boo!
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:44 pm

The member 'Vasani Shepard' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    Holy Fuck! Another Campaign! - Page 2 Forumdice1
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:45 pm

Klumn, acting on a hunch, runs over and stuffs his face full of one of the pastries that he picked up off the ground. At least if he dies (again) he can die eating a delicious pastry while breathing in horrible toxin, or die eating poisoned pastry. Maybe he should bring one to give to Death this time around.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content