Spirit-Chaser Strategy Guide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good luck!

+2
Vasani
Dungeon Master Orange
6 posters

The Main Campaign!

Vasani
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

The Main Campaign! - Page 17 Empty Re: The Main Campaign!

Post  Vasani Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:46 am

He ate it. The giant demon snake ate the tower and now the tree that is the support structure of my town is going to die. I finally get to leave home. We're leaving tomorrow. Why can't we leave today? Now? I've always wanted to go to Son Tanusia, adventuring hub that it is. I wonder how many fights I'll get into.

Clearly lost in thought and still buzzing with adrenaline from the fight, Vasani calls Jax to her and the two ride off into the woods to their favorite tree. There will be no sleeping this night.

Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:54 am

Metah Fore wrote:Metah decides to take this opportunity to check out the shop s/he has a coupon for. Hopefully all the chaos hasn't forced it to close.

No worries, there will be time to shop tomorrow morning before you leave! They'll even give you some extra money to spend.

Spoilers.
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:22 pm

The Main Campaign! - Page 17 66xTf
    Phedre nicEssus
    Phedre nicEssus
    Group Physician

Post  Phedre nicEssus Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:24 am

Phedre calls Zenith down to look her over and make sure she suffered no damage from the fight with Jasper. She coo'ed at the bird telling her she was strong and brave and clever to drive off the nasty monster. Swinging in to the saddle she headed off to the nests to groom and bed her bird down for the night.

After that she checked in on her parents. Made sure her father was well after that invasion of the blood snakes. He was a strong man still but age was taking its toll on him. Mother was still as ageless as elves are wont to be.

*flavor text to be added soon as I can think straight*
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:54 am

Tabitha hangs around until her friends go their separate ways. Then, turning shyly to Mah Kahn... "I think I would...like to do what you do. Is it...still possible? For me to learn to be a druid?"
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:06 am

Tabitha Oakenfleur wrote:Tabitha hangs around until her friends go their separate ways. Then, turning shyly to Mah Kahn... "I think I would...like to do what you do. Is it...still possible? For me to learn to be a druid?"

A smile widens beneath Mah Kahn's beard. "Aye, Tabby, I do believe you have what it takes. You and your family have been dear to me since I returned to Red Terrace many years ago, and I would be honored to have you as an apprentice. It would make Sven happy seeing you here, as well; he could feel less responsible to become a druid himself.

Mah Kahn asks Tabitha to wait as he steps in to the broken Abbey, and quickly returns holding a small green satchel and a simple flower-pot. "Your first lesson is a simple one, one that does not require any lecture or note-taking. You can also study this while on your travels; merely return to Red Terrace when you have completed what I asked."

The High Druid hands Tabitha the items, and continues,

"A druid's staff, while not always used, is an important symbol ad implement for druidic magic. You do not purchase one, find one, or receive one through ritual or sacrament, but instead you must grow one. Inside the satchel are three seeds. Focus the energies inside of you, and attempt to grow one within this pot. If you fail, give the soil a day to recuperate before attempting this again. Should you run out of seeds, you should be able to find more in your travels, if you look hard enough in certain shops. But I have faith you won't fail. Now go, and get some rest. Red Terrace is counting on you and your friends."

You have acquired a Side Quest! "Tabitha Multiclass: A Druid's Staff" !
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:10 pm

Vasani Shepard wrote:He ate it. The giant demon snake ate the tower and now the tree that is the support structure of my town is going to die. I finally get to leave home. We're leaving tomorrow. Why can't we leave today? Now? I've always wanted to go to Son Tanusia, adventuring hub that it is. I wonder how many fights I'll get into.

Clearly lost in thought and still buzzing with adrenaline from the fight, Vasani calls Jax to her and the two ride off into the woods to their favorite tree. There will be no sleeping this night.

Gideon flies down on his cardinal towards Vasani, knowing exactly where she would be. After a round of noogies and arm punching, he wishes his sister well on her trip, telling her all the sights she will see.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:10 pm

END OF PROLOGUE, PART II

WOULD YOU LIKE TO SAVE?
    Vasani
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

Post  Vasani Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:14 pm

Dungeon Master Orange wrote:END OF PROLOGUE, PART II

WOULD YOU LIKE TO SAVE?

*Mashes quick save button*

.... scratch

*Creates new save.*

Last edited by Vasani Shepard on Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:18 pm

.. brrrrrrrr RING!

BOOP.

CHOOSE A SLOT

>>>> [SLOT 1: LVL 12 | 10/125 GLDN GNOMES | ACT II | "UNRULY ATTENT..."]
    ----- [SLOT 2: LVL 25 | 74/125 GLDN GNOMES | ACT III | "DECEPTION'S VEIL"]
    ----- [SLOT 3: EMPTY ]

Vasani
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

Post  Vasani Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:23 pm

Dungeon Master Orange wrote:.. brrrrrrrr RING!

BOOP.

CHOOSE A SLOT

>>>> [SLOT 1: LVL 12 | 10/125 GLDN GNOMES | ACT II | "UNRULY ATTENT..."]
    ----- [SLOT 2: LVL 25 | 74/125 GLDN GNOMES | ACT III | "DECEPTION'S VEIL"]
    ----- [SLOT 3: EMPTY ]

Golden gnomes? Overwrite. Slot 1.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:35 pm

BLINK BOOP! GAME SAVED!

SPIRIT-CHASER STRATEGY GUIDE
    ACT I: THE BELL

CHAPTER I: "GOING TO THE BIG CITY"

The following morning is a cold one. Snow gently falls on Red Terrace, masking the damage from the night before. You pack your belongings, say goodbyes, and meet in the Watcher's Courtyard, alongside your ravens. Annie, Mah Kahn and Cameron meet you in the courtyard.

Annie approaches each of you, and hands you a small coin purse. "As I had mentioned last night, we believe your first destination should be the free-port city of Son Tanusia. Persueing an ancient demon, like the Untamed, blindly in to his own forest is foolish. Son Tanusia is a hub for adventurers and merchants, someone there must know something of use. The city is three-days flight from here, but do not strain yourselves or your ravens trying to travel as fast as you can. Take rests when you need to."

The Main Campaign! - Page 17 Game_m10

"Those coin purses contain 150 gold pieces for each of you to spend on supplies. You should stop by the del'Mar's potion shop and Bear Samuel's general store before you leave."

The Main Campaign! - Page 17 Red_te33

YOU RECIEVED 150g!

Also, I am having Junior Captain del'Mar go with you. I figure at least one experienced scout can help you along.

And, lastly, I am sure you all know how proud I am of you four. Do the Red Talon Scouts, and Red Terrace, proud out there in the world. Never forget your home here, and always remember we will never forget you either. We hope to see you home safe and sound. You are dismissed, take care.

Cameron del'Mar has JOINED THE PARTY!

QUEST UPDATED: Stop by a shop!
    Vasani
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

Post  Vasani Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:57 pm

Vasani practically skips to the general store in search of new weapons or armor.

Whaddyasellin'?
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:11 pm

Vasani Shepard wrote:Vasani practically skips to the general store in search of new weapons or armor.

Whaddyasellin'?

WELCOME to the BEAR MINIMUM!

Today's Goods, straight from Son Tanusia.

Vial of Darkness ....................... 50g
    Potion of Cure Light Wounds ............ 20g

Potion of Friendship ................... 50g

~~

Scroll of Owl's Wisdom ................ 100g
    Scroll of Change Self ................. 360g
    Scroll of Magic Missile ................ 50g

Scroll of Detect Object .............. 1000g

~~

Lesser Ring of Feather Fall ........ 13,000g

~~

Flagon of Ale Procurement ............ 1000g

Delver's Light ........................ 520g

~~

Elixer of Love ........................ 150g
    Incense of Meditation ................ 4900g

~~

Tower Shield +1 ....................... 360g
    Studded Leather Armor +1 .............. 90g SUPER SALE! 75% OFF!

~~

Glaive +1 ............................. 360g
    Halberd +2 ............................ 520g
    Sickle +1 ............................. 360g

(All general stores have basic adventuring equipment, armor, and weaponry as well. Stuff that is included in the adventuring equipment section of the Marketplace, on the D&D Character Builder. Stuff like rope, food, ammunition. Yeah! Just ask if you are looking for something!)

(You can investigate items further upon request)
    (You break it you buy it)

(All shop items and sales are randomly generated, and change every day!)
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:16 pm

Metah wanders around the store and points at the Glaive.

"Oooooooooo! What's this? And would it be good for someone who enjoys suddenly appearing from the shadows and jumping around all agile like?"
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:25 pm

Metah Fore wrote:Metah wanders around the store and points at the Glaive.

"Oooooooooo! What's this? And would it be good for someone who enjoys suddenly appearing from the shadows and jumping around all agile like?"

Mr. Samuels stares at Metah, and than stares back at the 8 foot weapon towering over him. Bear sighs, and nods at her.

"Yeah, something like that."

(Note, weapon is a heavy-blade and has reach, but can't be used to deal sneak attack damage)
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:29 pm

Dungeon Master Orange wrote:

Mr. Samuels stares at Metah, and than stares back at the 8 foot weapon towering over him. Bear sighs, and nods at her.

(Note, weapon is a heavy-blade and has reach, but can't be used to deal sneak attack damage)

" I could use it to pole-vault over the enemy! Is there anything you would recommend for my particular activities?"
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:41 am

Metah Fore wrote:

" I could use it to pole-vault over the enemy! Is there anything you would recommend for my particular activities?"

Hmmm. Well sneaky-types might find use in the masterwork SICKLE +1 I have right here, assuming they have the PROPER TRAINING required to wield it.

(It is a light blade, can be used for sneak attacks, but requires a feat to wield it. Does 1d6 damage though!)

(Anyone can leave the shop and visit the potions shop at any point if they want to. They can also come back at any point, the inventory won't change till the next day.)
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:22 am

(Anyone can leave the shop and visit the potions shop at any point if they want to. They can also come back at any point, the inventory won't change till the next day.)

Visiting the potion shop is actually part of your quest. After you do so, with or without purchasing anything from either shop, you can MEET BACK AT THE COURTYARD to start your journey.

Also, don't forget you have coupons for the general store. Or save them. Whatevers!

Phedre nicEssus
    Phedre nicEssus
    Group Physician

Post  Phedre nicEssus Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:40 pm

Phedre visited the general store with her friends and watched Metah eye the glaive longingly. She smiled at the thought of the little one trying to wield it. Looking over the goods she fingered the studded armor. It was well made and on sale. Not wanting to pass up the bargain she bought it but held on to her coupon. Not seeing anything else she truly wanted, she bought some general supplies and the potion of cure light wounds and offered to sell her old hide armor to the merchant to off set the cost of the new studded leather.

That being done she was quite eager to go to the potions shop. She always loved lingering there, thinking of potions as a sort of powerful medicine. Life seemed so busy in the past to pick up the learning of the concoctions, but Phedre was fascinated with them all the same.
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:17 pm

While deciding whether or not s/he wanted the sickle, Metah noticed the Scroll of Change Self.

"HEYYYY MISSSTTEERRRR What does this do?"
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:17 pm

Metah Fore wrote:While deciding whether or not s/he wanted the sickle, Metah noticed the Scroll of Change Self.

"HEYYYY MISSSTTEERRRR What does this do?"

Bear scratches his head. "Ah yeah, that one. Old magic scroll from older times, but still useful. Don't even need to be a magician to do so, either. Fun for parties and what not.

I think that one lets you
    Change your appearance, armor, and clothes to anything you want for an hour, at the cost of a little bit of life force (1 healing surge). Though if someone looks hard enough they might be able to see through it, if they are good at seeing magic stuff.
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:32 pm

Metah flips a coin (dice) odds he chooses the sickle even she chooses the scroll.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:32 pm

The member 'Metah Fore' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 17 Forumdice8
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:42 pm

Tabitha gives the goods in the store only a cursory glance. Her mind was definitely elsewhere. Her...becoming a druid. Her parents had supported her wholeheartedly when she informed them of her new apprenticeship, acknowledging that she had always seemed to have more than a simple farmer's interest in the land they worked, and her brothers had looked at her with with a new wide-eyed amazement and babbled on about all the outlandish magical feats she would be able to perform. Tabby knew a bit better than to expect that...at least right away. This was a deeply spiritual thing...spiritual and personal. She had resolved to take the growing of her staff seriously, and had already decided on a number of personally symbolic elements to add to the process.

Wandering out of the store, she begins her collection, planning to meet back with everyone when they head to the potion shop; she still had those mushrooms to show Cameron's mother. Maybe she'd come back to the general store later, as well...she knew she was probably forgetting some essentials. Like rope. What kind of adventurer doesn't pack plenty of rope?...

Heading up to her home on the Farmer's Terrace, Tabitha gathers up some of the hearty soil from her family's plot and fills the clay planter with it. Whether or not it actually affected the process, she liked the idea of the soil she grew up on being a crucial part of the making of her staff.

Then, gathering up some snow, she brings it with her, planning to melt it and use it to water the seed. Again, it simply felt right to her: to make a part of her home a part of her staff. Hauling her supplies to the Abbey's terrace, she finds a suitable spot and sits cross-legged with her back against the Grandfather Redwood. She felt it only right to attempt this in close proximity to both the great tree itself and the historically druidic abbey.

Carefully planting the seed, then watering it with the melted snow, Tabitha focuses on the pot, attempting to channel her newfound energy into the growth of the freshly-planted seed...

Nature: +14

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:21 pm