Spirit-Chaser Strategy Guide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good luck!

+2
Vasani
Dungeon Master Orange
6 posters

The Main Campaign!

Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

The Main Campaign! - Page 18 Empty Re: The Main Campaign!

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:42 pm

The member 'Tabitha Oakenfleur' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 18 Forumdice16
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:49 am

Tabitha Oakenfleur wrote:Tabitha gives the goods in the store only a cursory glance. Her mind was definitely elsewhere. Her...becoming a druid. Her parents had supported her wholeheartedly when she informed them of her new apprenticeship, acknowledging that she had always seemed to have more than a simple farmer's interest in the land they worked, and her brothers had looked at her with with a new wide-eyed amazement and babbled on about all the outlandish magical feats she would be able to perform. Tabby knew a bit better than to expect that...at least right away. This was a deeply spiritual thing...spiritual and personal. She had resolved to take the growing of her staff seriously, and had already decided on a number of personally symbolic elements to add to the process.

Wandering out of the store, she begins her collection, planning to meet back with everyone when they head to the potion shop; she still had those mushrooms to show Cameron's mother. Maybe she'd come back to the general store later, as well...she knew she was probably forgetting some essentials. Like rope. What kind of adventurer doesn't pack plenty of rope?...

Heading up to her home on the Farmer's Terrace, Tabitha gathers up some of the hearty soil from her family's plot and fills the clay planter with it. Whether or not it actually affected the process, she liked the idea of the soil she grew up on being a crucial part of the making of her staff.

Then, gathering up some snow, she brings it with her, planning to melt it and use it to water the seed. Again, it simply felt right to her: to make a part of her home a part of her staff. Hauling her supplies to the Abbey's terrace, she finds a suitable spot and sits cross-legged with her back against the Grandfather Redwood. She felt it only right to attempt this in close proximity to both the great tree itself and the historically druidic abbey.

Carefully planting the seed, then watering it with the melted snow, Tabitha focuses on the pot, attempting to channel her newfound energy into the growth of the freshly-planted seed...

Nature: +14

I think you may have passed your skill check.

There is a quiet breeze. Everything around you feels still, as if it is holding its breath in anticipation of what will happen next. You watch the decorated pot carefully, not entirely sure what is supposed to happen.

That's when it begins to rumble. The clay pot rocks back and forth, and, FWOOP!

Roots start piling on top of each-other at the base of the pot! They stack and stack and stack, like a cup overflowing with water. You stand up, when finally out of the tiny clay container a staff shoots out of the roots, as if being presented with a gift. At a glance, it looks like a fine-cut walking stick, but you notice that it is not cut at all. The staff itself grew in to the shape it took. Leaves have grown themselves in to ornament for the staff. The top of the staff has grown in to the wooden form of a crow, with leaves decorating the tail feathers and wings.

The Main Campaign! - Page 18 Tabby_12

You grab hold of the staff, and the roots give way. This staff was literally made for you.

Maybe you should go show High Druid Kahn.

Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:56 am

Tabby blinks. She doesn't quite know what she expected, but...it probably wasn't that. Pot scooped up into one hand (gotta return his pot y'know) and her fresh staff in the other, she quickly shuffles off, a little dazed, to report in to Mah Kahn.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:23 pm

Metah Fore wrote:Metah flips a coin (dice) odds he chooses the sickle even she chooses the scroll.

Are you using your coupon on it, or just buying the scroll?

Also I am assuming you head to the potion shop after you buy it.

Phedre nicEssus wrote:Phedre visited the general store with her friends and watched Metah eye the glaive longingly. She smiled at the thought of the little one trying to wield it. Looking over the goods she fingered the studded armor. It was well made and on sale. Not wanting to pass up the bargain she bought it but held on to her coupon. Not seeing anything else she truly wanted, she bought some general supplies and the potion of cure light wounds and offered to sell her old hide armor to the merchant to off set the cost of the new studded leather.

That being done she was quite eager to go to the potions shop. She always loved lingering there, thinking of potions as a sort of powerful medicine. Life seemed so busy in the past to pick up the learning of the concoctions, but Phedre was fascinated with them all the same.

Cameron hesitates at the door of the potion's shop. "You guys go on ahead.. I'll... wait outside." The captain than sighs, leans against the wall of the shop. He eventually slinks down, sitting on the floor beside the door.

You enter the shop, noticing the multitudes of various colored vials and colorful plants that decorate the room. The del'Mar family is a recent addition to the Red Terrace family. Only a few years ago did they show up. You know that the family knew Panzer, but otherwise, their past is a mystery. However, it didn't take long for the family to make themselves at home, setting up this small potions shop on the market terrace.

Mr. and Mrs. del'Mar always had a certain air of elegance about them. The two were in their forties, but looked and acted much younger. If it weren't for Ameilia del'Mar's grey hair, you might have forgotten their age all together.

The Main Campaign! - Page 18 11_magicshow21

The Main Campaign! - Page 18 05_duke1

Ameilia waves at Phedre as the three of you walk inside.

"Hello dear! My, my, just look at you three lovely ladies. Is Cameron too bashful to come inside with you?"

Zieffar del'Mar, who appears to be doing paperwork in the adjacent room, sticks his head out to look. "Damn! Three of them? You make me proud, son!" You hear a thud against the wall, from outside the door of the potion shop.

Ameilia chuckles. "Anyway. My son told me about your adventure, and I would be more than happy to help." Mrs. del'Mar hands your party a small crate. Inside, you find 5 HEALING POTIONS! You split them evenly amongst yourselves. "If you need anything else, you can buy them from me. I'll provide you with the discounted prices as well." (Already applied) "Just let us know if you need anything!"

REMEDIES BY RUSANOV INVENTORY:
    (there are multiple of the same potion)

Healing Potion: Spend Healing Surge, Regain 10 Health instead of your normal surge value.
    COST: 50g
    BONUSES: NONE

Sweet Water: Clense poison and disease from food and drink.
    COST: 20g

Energy Elixer: Spend Healing Surge, gain an extra standard action.
    COST: 75g

Sleeping Potion: Become tired and fall asleep! Takes a minute or so to take effect.

Potion of Friendship: Automatic friendly attitude towards first person you see.

Tabitha Oakenfleur wrote:Tabby blinks. She doesn't quite know what she expected, but...it probably wasn't that. Pot scooped up into one hand (gotta return his pot y'know) and her fresh staff in the other, she quickly shuffles off, a little dazed, to report in to Mah Kahn.

Mah Kahn smiles and takes the staff. "Beautiful, just beautiful. I had suspected it would not take you long, you have done remarkably well. Tabby, I would like to bestow the title of Cub, and officially take you on as my druidic apprentice."

The high druid hands you back your staff. He hands Tabitha a oriental headband, that has a small pair of antlers affixed to it. "Though not required, take this headdress. It is an ancient dwarven druid tradition, that any druid will recognize. You do me proud, Tabby, good luck in your adventures. Come back to me after you have taken some time in the world to explore your druidic talents.

Tabitha recieved STAFF OF THE WILDERNESS!
    Tabitha recieved DRUID HEADDRESS!

Tabitha has MULTICLASSED in to DRUID!

Quest Completed! “Tabitha Multiclass: A Druid’s Staff”
    Your party has gained 25 exp!

Last edited by Dungeon Master Orange on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:10 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:36 pm

Tabby fusses with her new headdress as she makes her way to the potion shop. It would take some getting used to, but she thought she liked it. As she nears the shop, she digs through her bags to find the mushrooms she had stashed that night in the forest. Then, she spots Cameron slumped against the outer wall of the shop. Concerned, she crouches down beside him. "Cameron...? You alright?"
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:04 pm

Tabitha Oakenfleur wrote:Tabby fusses with her new headdress as she makes her way to the potion shop. It would take some getting used to, but she thought she liked it. As she nears the shop, she digs through her bags to find the mushrooms she had stashed that night in the forest. Then, she spots Cameron slumped against the outer wall of the shop. Concerned, she crouches down beside him. "Cameron...? You alright?"

Cameron blushes a little, embarrassed by how he is acting. He stands up quickly. "I.. Uh yeah, yeah I am fine. You go on ahead inside. I'll.. I will wait out here."
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:22 pm

"Well...alright," she said, still a little concerned. Had he already said goodbye to his parents, or was she missing something important? With a final glance back to check on him, she enters the shop to present the mysterious mushrooms to Ameilia.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:40 pm

Tabitha Oakenfleur wrote:"Well...alright," she said, still a little concerned. Had he already said goodbye to his parents, or was she missing something important? With a final glance back to check on him, she enters the shop to present the mysterious mushrooms to Ameilia.

Cameron you are being silly about this now go inside this is no way for a captain to act around your embarrassing lovey-dovey parents.

Cameron scoops up a little snow, and stands back up. "Here, I'll come inside too!" Cameron opens the door for Tabitha and steps inside the potions shop with her.

"Ooooooooh~! A forth? I like this one too!" Cameron's father ducks back in to the other room, narrowly dodging a snow ball that was thrown at him by his son.

"It's very nice to meet all of you. I will love hearing about your trip from Cameron when you return. Do him some good and find him a nice lady friend, will you?" Ameilia than notices the mushroom in Tabitha's hands. "Oh! Will you look at that. Have you brought that for me? This is indeed a rare mushroom, and quite beautiful too. Hmm.. may I?" Mrs. del'Mar than takes the mushroom, as well as the potions she had handed all of you, and heads in to the back room where her alchemy tables are located. After a few minutes, she returns.

"That mushroom gave me an idea, and it worked! You should find that my standard healing potions are more potent now. Thank you! Also, the mushroom provided me with a unique by-product. It glows! Take a look!

Also, if you find any strange reagents or plants while on your journey, bring them back to me. I can create or improve my stock that way!

REMEDIES BY RUSANOV INVENTORY:

(NEW!)
    Healing Potion: Spend Healing Surge, Regain 10(+5!) Health instead of the normal surge value.
    COST: 55g
    BONUSES: Glowing Mushroom : +5 Healing!

Sweet Water: Clense poison and disease from food.

(NEW!)
    Bright Phospher: Shake container, emit a 5 square glow. 4 Hours.

Energy Elixer: Spend Healing Surge, gain an extra standard action.

Sleeping Potion: Become tired and fall asleep! Takes a minute or so to take effect.

Potion of Friendship: Automatic friendly attitude towards first person you see.

When you are done shopping, you suppose you should meet at WATCHER'S COURTYARD and get ready to depart Red Terrace.

Vasani
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

Post  Vasani Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:31 pm

Vasani skips merrily to the courtyard, eager to start the journey to Son Tanusia
    Phedre nicEssus
    Phedre nicEssus
    Group Physician

Post  Phedre nicEssus Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:58 pm

Perhaps it was a good thing they had visited the General Shop first, as Phedre had a habit of spending too much time and money at the Potions shop. She craned her neck and stood on her toes trying to watch what Madam Amelia did with the mushroom, and when she announced what it did for her healing potions Phedre frantically tried to remember what the 'shoom looked like. She wanted to keep an eye out for more, but mushrooms could be dangerous so it had to be the right one.

Phedre turned her attention to the little colored gems of bottled magic. As much as she tried to remind herself that she would need money for what might be a long trip, she couldn't help squealing over the Bright Phosphorus, Sweet Water and the improved Healing Potions. With much restraint she only bought one of each, but it was a close thing.
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:42 pm

You buy yer stuff!

Your party heads to Watcher's Courtyard, where you find Donovan, Darkspear, and Brandis; Brandis uncharacteristically approaches Cameron in a shy, almost sad, way. He hands Cameron a small wooden box.

Inside, Cameron finds that the box contains an intricately designed harmonica.

"Captain? It isn't gonna be the same around here without you. We will all miss you, for sure. It's gonna get boring for you out on your travels without us, so I want you to take my favorite harmonica. Maybe a little music will keep you all in high spirits, yeah?

And if you ever need our help for any reason, shoot two flares up in to the sky, that way we know it is you guys. Who knows, maybe we'll be around and we will come as soon as we can.

Anyway, you keep safe Cameron. Come back safely, alright?
    And give that snake a good one, just for us!"

Your party mounts up, and takes one last look at Red Terrace.
    I hope it still looks like this when I get back..

And with that, you fly towards the horizon. Onwards, to Son Tanusia!

Last edited by Dungeon Master Orange on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:55 pm

If anyone wants to interact with anyone on Red Terrace, or still wants to make a purchase, you may do so! Just do so before your next big post or action.

The whole day passed by, it never did warm up like you had hoped. Cold winds push against you as you fly south; you cling to your scarf, tight.

Cameron has spent the majority of the flight learning how to use the harmonica. Eventually, he begins to catch on, causing his raven, Skuttle, to rock gently back and forth to the melody.

The sun begins to set for the night. You notice Cameron stop, trying to think of a song to attempt playing; however, it doesn't take him long before he starts playing an old Red Talon's song. Its gritty, yet warming melody hits you in a soft spot, having just left Red Terrace for who knows how long.

You can hear the words in your head as he plays..

As the winter winds litter the wood with fearful hearts
    Oh the warmth in your eyes swept me into your arms..
    On raven wings we find strength to lead us through the night
    Fly us back to the ones that we love and hold dear..

Red Talons watch over the ones we love
    (My dear, my dear, we will always fly back home)

We fight the fear lurking in our hearts
    (My dear, my dear..)

Fly us home,
    Fly us home

It is now NIGHT of the FIRST DAY. Would you like to make camp and rest until morning?

(Whenever you guys reach the end of the day while you are traveling, I will ask you guys this. Don't worry too much about trying to do what everyone wants. For the most part, if one person says yes, I will assume the rest of the group wants to make camp. If someone has something specific in mind and says "no", than I am almost certain that the rest of the group will go along too, or at least than we can debate what the group does. Don't hesitate to just post and lead the way!)

Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:09 pm

Also Melissa asked. You guys don't have to worry about camping gear or food of any kind. I decided I want food you buy to have fun little dorky bonuses, as opposed to something you need to watch constantly Sims-style. (You may get more survival based skill checks that involve food, but don't worry about that now.)

Also, you can decide on your camping setup. Up to you!

Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:49 am

As they prepare to land for the night, Tabby attempts to get a feel for the evening's weather. While she's at it, she tries to scout out a nice uninhabited hollow near the base of some of the elder redwoods.

Nature: +14
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:49 am

'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 18 Forumdice7
    Phedre nicEssus
    Phedre nicEssus
    Group Physician

Post  Phedre nicEssus Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:01 am

Back on the road again after all these years. Red Terrace was a wondrous place she loved with all her heart, but the thrill of travel came back to her hard. And while she had never done so by crow before, all the camp sense came back to her as they landed and decided where to set camp. Finding some hollows at the bases of encircled trees they lit a fire in the center of the grove and set watches. Taking first watch Phedre brushed out Zenith, piled some needles in the hollow to insulate her from the chilly ground, cleaned and sharpened tools and weapons and sang quietly to herself and her bird. Banking the fire back she sat back and prepared to spend an quiet evening to herself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYKccBr_jvk&feature=youtu.be

Passive Perception 11, Low Light senses.

Last edited by Phedre nicEssus on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:20 am; edited 2 times in total
    Phedre nicEssus
    Phedre nicEssus
    Group Physician

Post  Phedre nicEssus Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:04 am

and again with actual rolling...
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:04 am

The member 'Phedre nicEssus' has done the following action : Roll them dice!

'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 18 Forumdice5
    Metah Fore
    Master of Gobhorse

Post  Metah Fore Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:20 am

Metah curled up in one of the hollows around the redwood. He was excited but worried that she would be unable to sleep. He had never been so far away from her family, nor had he been on such a big adventure. It was exciting, but somehow... lonely.

"I wonder what Ten is doing right now?"

With nothing else to do Metah snuggled further into the hollow and tried to fall asleep.
    Vasani
    Vasani
    Pirate Queen

Post  Vasani Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:39 am

Since it was deemed unwise to continue travelling through the night, Vasani finds a particularly comfy spot in the hollow of the tree and passes out, limbs splayed out in all directions.
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:25 am

Tabby finds herself awake, and decides to relieve Phedre and let her get her rest. Taking her staff and her bow, she finds a comfortable perch and settles in for the second watch, alternating her time between inspecting her staff, just listening to the night-sounds, and watching Vasani occasionally flop from one position to another.

Perception: +12
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:25 am

Guess...it helps if I roll. Maybe we'll get the hang of this...someday....?
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:25 am

'd20' :
    The Main Campaign! - Page 18 Forumdice3
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Dungeon Master Orange
    Admin

Post  Dungeon Master Orange Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:11 am

Metah Fore wrote:Metah curled up in one of the hollows around the redwood. He was excited but worried that she would be unable to sleep. He had never been so far away from her family, nor had he been on such a big adventure. It was exciting, but somehow... lonely.

"I wonder what Ten is doing right now?"

With nothing else to do Metah snuggled further into the hollow and tried to fall asleep.

Yquity, hoping little Metah has not yet fallen asleep seems to be trying to get her attention. The raven pecks at him gently, hoping she will wake up. Yquity seems to be trying to get Metah to notice something within the raven's saddle bag..

Kord and Zenith watch Yquity intently, amused by the situation.

Phedre nicEssus wrote:Back on the road again after all these years. Red Terrace was a wondrous place she loved with all her heart, but the thrill of travel came back to her hard. And while she had never done so by crow before, all the camp sense came back to her as they landed and decided where to set camp. Finding some hollows at the bases of encircled trees they lit a fire in the center of the grove and set watches. Taking first watch Phedre brushed out Zenith, piled some needles in the hollow to insulate her from the chilly ground, cleaned and sharpened tools and weapons and sang quietly to herself and her bird. Banking the fire back she sat back and prepared to spend an quiet evening to herself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYKccBr_jvk&feature=youtu.be

Passive Perception 11, Low Light senses.

Technically you only use your perception skill instead of passive perception when you are actively searching. Which is sadly only +1 for you (I checked). Granted, it isn't the biggest deal in the world.

You know, passive perception in general is kind of weird.

Anyway!

Tabitha Oakenfleur wrote:Tabby finds herself awake, and decides to relieve Phedre and let her get her rest. Taking her staff and her bow, she finds a comfortable perch and settles in for the second watch, alternating her time between inspecting her staff, just listening to the night-sounds, and watching Vasani occasionally flop from one position to another.

Perception: +12

The night has been mostly calm. For the most part, you have been able to relax without too much worry. It seems that nature is on your side tonight.

As you change shifts, you both notice something strange; it is faint, but in the distance you think you see the faint shimmer of flames and smoke in the night sky. If you listen carefully, you hear struggle and disorder.

The two of you deduce that the sounds of strife come from Woodsdale, a small town on the forest's edge, maybe a half a day's journey out of the way from Son Tanusia. You aren't entirely sure if the sounds are bad or not, but you assume that the town normally doesn't sound this way at this time of night.

You must decide to either INVESTIGATE or CONTINUE RESTING.

(I will let you guys decide, simply post your opinion and I will take the majority vote.)

(If you participate, I will assume you have mostly gotten all of your rest for the night that you need.)

You have accepted the SIDE QUEST, "New Management" !

Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Tabitha Oakenfleur
    Harvest Witch

Post  Tabitha Oakenfleur Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:16 am

scratch Too close to home for comfort. Tabby votes investigate.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:03 pm